How To Post a Publicity Release
to The SHOOT Publicity Wire
1. MUST BE REGISTERED and logged in. Only a Registered User can submit a release to the Wire. If you're not, and want to use the service, simply register and then put in your username and password to login. (Registration is FREE)
2. GO TO “MY PUBLICITY” Now that you're registered and logged in you should see a whole slew of menu choices on the left hand side of the screen inside your login box. The one you'll want to click on is the "My Publicity" tab. If registered & logged in, you can click here to get to your publicity page.
3. Your “MY PUBLICITY” Administration Page Here you’ll find everything you need to Create/Edit/Submit and manage your releases on the Wire Service. Your releases will be listed by date. If registered & logged in, you can click here to get to your publicity page.
4. Purchase Credits Credits are the payment system used by SHOOT Publicity Wire to purchase release distribution from the site. For every release that you upload and gets published, a credit will be deducted from your account, one credit per release. Currently the cost of one credit is $49.95. Should a submitted release end up not being published for any reason your account will be immediately reimbursed the credit for future use. Credits are non-refundable, non-transferable and valid for one (1) year from the date of purchase. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. If registered & logged in, you can click here to get to your publicity page.
For convenience, you can purchase up to ten credits at one time. Once you've entered all relevant billing and credit card information, you'll be taken to a confirmation page. Be sure to print your Transaction ID Number. Once you click OK, you'll be taken back to the Publicity Home page. Note: The “MY BILLING” Tab in your login box is where you’ll find all your Publicity Wire transaction information for all purchases and be able to print or email a receipt. If registered & logged in, you can click here to get to your MY BILLING page.
5. Input & Submit New Publicity Release Click the link "Input & Submit New Publicity Release" on your “MY PUBLICITY” Administration Page. Here you'll see a page with various fields. If registered & logged in, you can click here to get to "Input & Submit New Publicity Release" page.
(Please note that the time is US EST, or GMT -5:00.). Note: Keep in mind that the release can take up to two hours to be reviewed, so it can’t be guaranteed for a approved press release submitted at 9 am to go live at 10 am. However, the time stamp of the release will show 10 am once the submitted release has been approved.
Input your headline and subhead, the location, and the publication date and time you'd like the release to go live
Next, choose the specific category of your release. Click here if you would like to recommend a new category.
If you have an image or logo, you'll be able to upload that as well The recommended size of the release image is 175x175 pixels. By default, images appear in upper right of published release. Click "Place image at bottom of release" if you prefer to have image appear at end of release which is best for pictures larger than recommended size (images can be no wider than 586px) Images must be either jpeg or gif format 72 dpi RGB and the maximum file size accepted is 200kb.
The abstract is a short summary of your release--be sure to use any relevant key words that will be picked up by the search engine bots that constantly crawl our site.
Main body text of the release A location or date isn't needed in the main body, because the system will put them in automatically if the fields above were filled in. Keep this in mind as we go to the next area of the publicity input page.
Smart Links Here you will see 5 rows of input fields. In this area, key words can be turned into text links. For instance if you mention NBC Universal in your release, simply put NBC Universal in the "Word(s)" field then put the URL http://www.nbcuniversal.com in the "Link" field next to it. This will make the all instances of the words "NBC Universal" automatically hyperlink to that URL page.
Contact information Remember the SHOOT Publicity Wire Release goes to many different types of people (not just journalists) your press contact information may not be as relevant as the sales or marketing or production or others that you think are relevant to the publicity release.
The "Add New Note" field Here is where you let SHOOT know any comments, specials instructions or concerns to the reviewer and will not appear in the final publicity release.
"Submit for review" button This will send your release to a SHOOT reviewer to “Quick Review” your release
"Save for later" button Use this if you can’t finish inputting release for any reason and you choose to save your release to submit at a later date. To return, simply click on Release headline in your admin area and you’ll be back to where you left off.
Either “Submit” or “Save” button will take you back to the publicity home page where you can either view or edit the release according to the reviewer's comments. Once all corrections (if any) have been made, your release will go live.
For questions or comments go here. Thank you, The SHOOT Publicity Wire
SPW Daily Email Update
(delivered once-a-day at 7 pm to your inbox. Excellent for journalists, bloggers, researchers, etc)
Subscribe to RSS Feed
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. RSS is a FREE newsfeed that will let you access the SHOOT Publicity Wire with a RSS newsreader such as AmphetaDesk for Mac/Win/Linux or SharpReader for windows.
Access releases posted to SHOOT Publicity Wire on
What To Expect From The SHOOT Publicity Wire
Regular price per release of just $49.95 includes services below:
No hidden fees, No base word limit, No membership fees
You choose date and time release will go live
Editor "Quick Review" of release text included
Web photo/logo, SmartLink Hyperlinks included included
National & International Distribution included via placement in Brand New[s], SHOOTonline.com homepage, SHOOT >e.dition, Headline/abstact Feeds, RSS Feeds, Opt-in Media, twitter, and widgets.
Article html text and email, and print versions of releases included
Delivery to Film Producers, Advertising Agencies, TV Stations, Networks, Website Producers, Trade Magazines, News Agencies
Searh Engine Optimization (SEO) to help drive traffic to your website and boost your internet search engine rankings. Pre-established syndicated online News Network; includes sites like Google, Yahoo, Ask.com, etc.
Address256 Post Road East #206