Become a Sponsor of the 2022 20th Annual SHOOT New Directors Showcase Event!
Whether you'll be first-time Sponsor or have joined us in the past we look forward to welcoming you this year. The 2022 event will take place at the Directors Guild of America (DGA) Date TBA; it will be our 16th year at this great venue, with the DGA as one of our Lead Sponsors. Due to the pandemic, we were not able to hold the in-person event in 2020 or 2021 so in addition to the "NDS Class of 2022" attending this year's event, we'll be inviting the directors from the 2020 and 2021 New Directors Showcase to also attend! The SHOOT New Directors Showcase Event is an important face-to-face extension of SHOOT Magazine and SHOOTonline's ongoing mission to provide vital news and information about the creation, production & postproduction of commercial, branded content, movie & television content, to search out new talent, new work and new technology necessary to its readers across all segments of the advertising & entertainment industries – AND TO - serve as a conduit between ad agencies, brands, entertainment cos, production & post cos/services & technology providers to help them come together as part of one community —opening doors to create new work, new business, new opportunities, and new partnerships. While we do this all year long online and in print, it's a great pleasure every year to be able to facilitate the same things face to face. One of the event's very special features is that we don't charge qualified industry executives. artisans and up-and-coming directors to attend! SHOOT and our Sponsors incur all the charges for the event. Since our Sponsors make this annual event possible, we provide an enormous amount of industry exposure & promotion value for them starting two months before, during and for a full year after the event.
While we did not have sponsors the last two years, companies continued to show their support for New Directors and the SHOOT New Directors Showcase by participating in SHOOT's "We Support New Directors" program. Those companies were:
2020: DGA, Cap Gun Collective, Chelsea Golden, harvest, Partizan, Universal Studios
2021: DGA, charlieuniformtango, Commercial Directing Film School, Current Resident, harvest, Xy4, The Directors Network
At the last in-person event in 2019, the Sponsors were...
Lead: Directors Guild of America (DGA), GARTNER, The Devil You Know
Silver: McCann Worldgroup, The-Artery
Industry Supporter: FKKS
Other Past Sponsors include...
Anonymous Content, Argyle Brothers, ARRI, Backyard, Biscuit, Brother, charlieuniformtango, Company 3, Crossroads, CT Film Office, Deluxe, Directors Guild of America, Film US Virgin Islands, Form, Gartner, Getty Images, harvest films, Hungry Man, Kodak, Light Iron, Madison + Vine, McCann Worldgroup, Montana Film Office, Method Studios, Moxie Pictures, Nevada Film Office, One at Optimus, Palace Productions MediaVision, Pump Audio, RSA, Sony, Superlounge, T3 Media, The Devil You Know, The Mill, Tool of NA and the West Virginia Film Office, YouTube Red Originals
Why Become a SPONSOR? Say YES to...
- Exposing your company to a broad range of potential entertainment & commercial clients.
- Enhancing your company profile and position as an industry leader.
- Receiving marketing & promotion before, during and after the event that is only available to Sponsors.
- Showing support for up-and-coming talent and for the future growth of the industry at large.
- Helping us make this unique networking and perspective-sharing event possible.
More than 400 commercial & entertainment production industry creative execs & artisans including directors, producers, cinematographers, editors, production & post company owners, TV & film production execs, agents, ad agency creative directors, heads of production, producers and brand marketers. In addition many of the directors selected for the New Directors Showcase attend, gaining insights from established directors and producers during the day, setting the stage for the evening Showcase which provides industry exposure for the work of up-and-coming talent. The event helps to advance the next generation of directorial talent and provides valuable industry info & perspective for everyone attending. The new directors are always excited to be part of the event and their optimism rubs off on everyone. SHOOT heavily covers the event after, bringing it to the attention of our full audience on SHOOTonline (40,000 unique visitors per month) and in our email newsletters.
Click Here to see the SHOOT 2021 New Directors & Click Here to see the full reel.
Click Here to see the SHOOT 2020 New Directors
Click Here to see the SHOOT 2019 New Directors
Click Here for Coverage of the 2019 afternoon panels & speakers
Click Here for Coverage of the 2019 SHOOT New Directors Showcase Screening, panel & after-party
Click Here for photos from the 2019 Event
Click Here for Coverage of the 2018 afternoon panels & speakers
Click Here for Coverage of the 2018 SHOOT New Directors Showcase Screening, panel & after-party
Click Here for Coverage of the 2017 afternoon panels & speakers.
Click Here for Coverage of the 2017 SHOOT New Directors Showcase Screening, panel & after-party
Click Here for Coverage of the 2016 afternoon panels & speakers.
Click Here for Coverage of the 2016 SHOOT New Directors Showcase evening Screening, panel & after-party
Click Here for photos from the 2015 evening NDS Screening, panel & after-party
Click Here for Coverage of the 2015 afternoon panels & speakers.
Click Here for Coverage of the 2015 New Directors Showcase evening Screening, panel & after-party
Click Here for photos from 2015 evening NDS Screening, panel & after-party
Click here for coverage of the 2014 afternoon panels & New Directors Showcase
Click Here beginning 3 months prior to event to register for The 2020 SHOOT New Directors Showcase Event.
Here's a look at the 2019 afternoon & evening agendas...
The afternoon sessions are designed help define opportunities in an evolving marketplace spanning advertising and entertainment (and the coming together of those two worlds) and the tools needed to take advantage of these opportunities.
This year's speakers and panels to cover...
Living on the Cutting Edge Of Content
As lines blur between advertising and entertainment, the opportunity to create cutting-edge content has grown exponentially. This discussion features panelists who live on that edge, exploring, meshing and realizing hybrid forms that span different genres, platforms, narrative filmmaking, documentary, music, live action, VR and other varied disciplines.
- In the Directors Chair Interview
Leading Director one-on-one interview with SHOOT editor
New Directors Showcase Screening, "Meet the New Directors: Panel & After Party Evening Agenda
- SHOOT and The DGA welcome audience. SHOOT thanks Sponsors.
- (Lead sponsors are welcome to have a company spokesperson address the audience for a few minutes)
- Screening of the 2021 New Directors Showcase reel featuring 30+ directors’ work selected from the SHOOT New Directors Search.
- Click Here for info on the New Directors Search
- Click Here for last year's New Directors Showcase Reel/photos, etc.
- Following the screening will be a panel discussion with several leading Industry executives and several of the featured new directors. Discussion will include the opportunity for each new director to introduce him or herself and discuss his/her work.
- The After-party will immediately follow. New directors mingle with more experienced directors, event sponsors, ad agency producers & creatives and members of the commercial & entertainment production & post community. The party is always a great time with a fantastic mix of guests.
Sponsors receive high-profile marketing & promotion before, during and after the event.
Here's a look at the marketing elements that promote Sponsor Names and/or Logos...
- SHOOT New Directors Showcase Event Publicity Releases on The SHOOT Publicity Wire for two months before the event with links to them appearing in the Brand New[s], SHOOT>e.dition and SHOOT Dailies email newsletters (live link to Sponsors' websites embed in Sponsor names in releases)
- SHOOT event preview articles that will run on SHOOTonline with links to them appearing in the SHOOT Dailies & SHOOT>e.dition email newsletters. (live link to Sponsors' websites embed in Sponsor names in articles)
- Multiple Email Blast Invitations to SHOOT database of 40,000 emails go to commercial & entertainment production & post decision-makers: execs & artisans at Agencies, Brands, TV/Cable/Online Networks, Movie Studios, Cos & independent Filmmakers. (live link to Sponsors' websites embed in sponsor logos)
Click Here to see web version of past email blast invitation.
- Event Ad on weekly SHOOT>e.dition email newsletters during the two months leading up to the event.
Click Here to see web version of >e.dition with Ad.
- Event Landing/Registration Page on SHOOTonline (live link to Sponsors' websites embed in Sponsor logos)
- Registration Confirmation email that goes out when someone registers to attend the event.
Click Here for sample confirmation email.
- NDS Showcase Ad in the the Fall SHOOT Print Issue & PDF version that will coincide with the event. (live link to Sponsors' websites embed in Sponsor logos in PDF versions)
Click Here for sample Ad.
- SHOOT event articles published after the event. (live link to Sponsors' websites embed in Sponsor names in articles)
- PDF Directory of contact info of all event registrants/attendees that is made available to all attendees after the event. Sponsor Logos and URLs are prominently displayed.
- Event Program handed to every attendee at check-in for the afternoon & evening agendas. (sponsor URLs will also appear in the programs)
Click Here for past program.
- SHOOT will run NDS Event Banner Ads on SHOOTonline.com, The SHOOT>e.dition & SHOOT Dailies email newsletters for two months before the event that will link to the landing/registration page. (Registraton Page Sponsor logos will have links to Sponsors’ websites)
- Welcome Poster in lobby of DGA Theater.
Click Here for past poster.
- Giant Opening credits with Sponsor Logos will appear on screen at the DGA Theater prior to & during both the Forum & NDS Agenda opening remarks.
Click Here for past welcome screen.
- New Directors Showcase Website that will go live after the event for industry to view the New Directors Showcase reel and read about the directors. Sponsor logos/company info appears with links to Sponsors’ websites. This site will stay live for a full year.
Sponsor Benefits also include...
- Guaranteed event registration for Sponsors' staff/guests (up to 20 registrations for Lead Sponsors, up to 12 for Silver Sponsors, up to 6 for Bronze Sponsors & up to 3 for Supporters.)
- Potential panelist opportunity for an executive or artisan from Sponsor companies.
- Sponsors may provide promotion material/items to be displayed/given out at the event in check-in area. ($250. charge for non-sponsors)
- Sponsors may purchase Ad Space in SHOOT's May/June Issue that will be given out at the SHOOT NDS Event at a 25% discount.
(Issue will also go to SHOOT's regular circulation and will have bonus distribution at several other industry events inclduing Basecamp area of AICP Week, Cine Gear Expo, PGA Produced By, Cannes Lions Festival)
- In addition to receiving the PDF Directoy of Registrants/attendees, SHOOT will provide sponsors with a spreadsheet file of registrants/attendees contact info WITH email address to use for their own promotion.
Contact Roberta Griefer for Lead, Silver and Bronze Sponsor Fees & Industry Supporter Fee. (each comes with Bonus SHOOTonline.com Banner advertising!)
Past Sponsors include...
Anonymous Content, Argyle Brothers, ARRI, Backyard, Biscuit, Brother, charlieuniformtango, Company 3, Crossroads, CT Film Office, Deluxe, Directors Guild of America, Film US Virgin Islands, Form, Gartner, Getty Images, harvest films, Hungry Man, Kodak, Light Iron, Madison + Vine, McCann Worldgroup, Montana Film Office, Method Studios, Moxie Pictures, Nevada Film Office, One at Optimus, Palace Productions MediaVision, Pump Audio, RSA, Sony, Superlounge, T3 Media, The-Artery, The Devil You Know, The Mill, Tool of NA and the West Virginia Film Office, YouTube Red Originals
Join us as a sponsor of the SHOOT 20th Annual New Directors Showcase Event and you'll receive incredible industry exposure for your company before, during and for a full year after the event.
Final Sponsor Deadline: TBA
Confirm Sponsorship early to maximize your industry exposure prior to the event!
Please contact me with any questions. I would be happy to speak by phone at your convenience.
Roberta Griefer, SHOOT Publisher & Event Producer
203/227-1699, ext 701 or get in touch with me via email