- NEW YORK
Eleven new members have been added to Effie Worldwide’s board of directors. Traci Alford, global CEO of Effie Worldwide, unveiled the lineup. The board, chaired by Vineet Mehra, chief growth & customer experience officer at Good Eggs, oversees and contributes to the nonprofit’s mission to champion effectiveness through smart leadership, real insights and its mainstay marketing effectiveness awards.
The incoming and recent additions to Effie Worldwide’s board of directors are:
- Manolo Arroyo, global CMO, The Coca-Cola Company
- Andrea Brimmer, chief marketing & public relations officer, Ally Financial
- Frederique “Freddie” Covington Corbett, SVP of global brand strategy & planning, Visa
- Anda Gansca, co-founder & CEO, Knotch
- Michael Houston, worldwide CEO, Grey Group
- Michelle Klein, VP, global customer marketing, Facebook
- Kim Larson, global managing director, client & agency services, Google
- Jonathan Nelson, CEO, Omnicom Digital
- Mark Sinnock, group chief strategy officer, Europe & UK, Havas
- Khartoon Weiss, head of global agency & accounts, TikTok
- Rodney Williams, president & CEO, Belvedere Vodka
Effie’s board consists of 27 directors, including three officers (Mehra, treasurer Jack Bamberger of Amobee, and secretary Ellen Hyde Pace of Red Fuse).
“The role of marketers is to drive growth for our brands and businesses, and its purpose has only intensified over the past year. Effie Worldwide’s board understands this because they live it every day,” said Alford. “The Effie Board represents the industry we serve and is committed to giving back through Effie’s mission to champion effective marketing and develop talent through our effectiveness framework. I am proud to welcome our newest directors and look forward to working with them to continue to evolve the standard of excellence in marketing and celebrate the dynamic nature of effectiveness around the world.”
Mehra added, “Effie has always been committed to fostering an industry-wide culture of marketing effectiveness. This appointment of some of the best, brightest, and most progressive leaders and practitioners in our industry to Effie’s Worldwide board of directors further solidifies our position as the global leader in recognizing, rewarding, and developing the most effective practitioners of marketing from around the world.”
Under the board’s leadership, Effie has most recently launched its Global Marketing Effectiveness Bootcamp for emerging talent and launched the Global Best of the Best Effies, where Gold winners from Effie’s 50+ awards around the world will compete globally, for the first time, to ultimately name the single most effective marketing effort of the year. The entry deadline is April 26, 2021.