- NEW YORK
The One Club for Creativity has unveiled the latest group of Portfolio Night All-Stars, the top young creatives as selected by industry professionals from each of the city hosts around the world who participated in its Portfolio Night 2022, held in June.
Long recognized as the world’s largest advertising portfolio review program, Portfolio Night is a fast-paced evening of advice, networking and recruitment that takes place in dozens of cities across the globe to help the next generation of creative talent enter the industry.
A highlight of this one-of-a-kind program is Portfolio Night All-Stars, where industry professionals from each host city select young creatives in their market with the best portfolios.
The Portfolio Night 2022 All-Stars, listed by host city, are as follows.
- Bogotá: Paula Amaya, strategy, copywriter, and Fabian Olaya, art director
- Buenos Aires: Manuel Scher, copywriter, Mercado McCann
- Cairo: Hasan Issa, designer, graphic design, photographer
- Cape Town: Lisa Black, illustrator, and Hayden Metcalfe, art director, designer, graphic designer, illustrator
- Chicago: Nick Peterson, art director, TBWA\Media Arts Lab
- Dallas: Shelby Baker, art director, designer, graphic designer, UX/UI
- Helsinki: Atte Maunula, art director, designer, graphic designer, concept designer
- Ho Chi Minh City: Ven Bui, designer, graphic designer
- Houston: Nick Tallent, graphic designer
- Lisbon: Daniel Neves, designer, graphic designer, and Liliana Rodrigues, art director, designer, graphic designer
- Madrid: Vanessa Gonzalez, art director, designer, graphic designer
- Miami: James Pérez Silva, copywriter
- Montréal: Antoine Bertrand, art director, designer, graphic designer, iIllustrator
- Mumbai: Manvir Kaur Mahidwan, art director
- Seoul: Jaeyeon Hwang, art director, strategy, copywriter, Jungseok Kim, art director, and Dan Bi Kim, graphic designer
- Singapore: Ayushi Jain, art director, designer, graphic designer, illustrator
- Taipei: Lucas Kao, art director, designer, graphic design, Humanoid Social Media Consulting
Portfolio Night All-Stars are usually flown to New York, courtesy of The One Club and program sponsors, to spend a week working as a team on a creative brief for a major global brand.
Like last year due to the pandemic, the 2022 program will be held virtually, with All-Stars working August 22-29 on creative briefs. The All-Stars will be divided into five groups, each working with a creative team from Bulletproof New York, Butler Shine Stern & Partners Sausalito, FCB Toronto, McCann Global Health or McCann Health New York, who will provide virtual mentoring and judging.
Portfolio Night 2022 city hosts were Adcetera Houston, ADK Taipei, Africa São Paulo, Alma DDB Miami, BBDO India/DDB Mundra Group/TBWA\India Mumbai and Pan-India, BBDO Singapore, Chicago Portfolio School Chicago, Círculo de Creatividad Argentina and GUT Buenos Aires, Clube Criativos Lisbon, Dieste Dallas, DDB Colombia Bogotá, DDB Paris, Duke Advertising Cape Town, Goodby Silverstein & Partners San Francisco, Inbrax Santiago, Media.Monks Madrid, Re-Be Seoul, SuperHeroes Amsterdam, Tank Worldwide Montreal, The One Club-Cairo Chapter Cairo, VMLY&R London, and Wunderman Thompson Finland Helsinki.
Since starting in 2003, Portfolio Night has taken place in 70 cities across 45 countries, with more than 10,000 portfolios reviewed.
“Portfolio Night is a gateway for young talent to enter the industry, enabling the best of the present--hundreds of renowned international creative directors--to meet and mentor the leaders of the future in industry hubs around the world,” said Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club for Creativity. “These All-Stars represent the best of this year’s participants, and we’re excited to see what creative ideas they come up with.”
Branding for this year’s program was created by 2014 Portfolio Night All-Star Katlego Phatlane, based in Johannesburg.
Unlike for-profit awards shows, The One Club is a non-profit organization that puts revenue generated from awards entries back into the industry in the form of dozens of results-oriented programs under its four pillars: Education, Inclusion & Diversity, Gender Equality and Professional Development.