The Clio Awards revealed its top honorees as well as best of year recipients during a gala ceremony on Wednesday night (9/25) at the Manhattan Center in New York City. McCann New York earned Clio Agency of the Year distinction, with BBDO Worldwide named Network of the Year, and Burger King taking on the mantle of Advertiser of the Year. The best of year honors are presented to those that collected the most statue points across all media in the Clio competition.
Burger King also scored a pair of Grand Clios--for Digital/Mobile and Direct--on the strength of The Whopper Detour out of FCB New York.
The evening’s other Grand Clio Award winners were:
· Branded Entertainment: Blue Heart, Farm League for Patagonia
· Design: Insta Novels, Mother New York for The New York Public Library
· Experiential/Events: Lessons for Good, Publicis Italy for Leroy Merlin
· Fashion & Beauty: Breast Cancer Awareness - Idris Elba by Stella McCartney
· Film: The Truth Is Worth It Campaign, Droga5 New York for The New York Times
· Innovation: Changing The Game, McCann New York for Microsoft
· Integrated Campaign: Viva La Vulva, AMVBBDO for Essity Libresse/Bodyform
· Out Of Home: Air Max Graffiti Stores, AKQA for Nike
· Partnerships & Collaborations: Read More. Listen More., Droga5 New York for The New York Times
· Public Relations: A world without borders, Ogilvy & Mather Mexico for Aeromexico
· Social Media: Philly Philly, Wieden+Kennedy New York for Bud Light
And the 2019 Grand Clio Music Award winners were:
· Use of Music: Share Your Gifts, Kobalt Music Group for Apple
· Music Marketing: The Uncensored Playlist, DDB Group Germany for Reporters Without Borders
Other highlights from the event included a performance by 2019 Clio Music Lifetime Achievement Award winner Joan Jett, and a tribute by Katie Couric to Sheryl Crow, the 2019 Clio Music Impact Award recipient. The audience was treated to appearances by some of television’s most iconic commercial stars, including Brandon Moynihan, who plays Hotels.com’s Captain Obvious, Jonathan Goldsmith, who is best-known as The Most Interesting Man in the World and Isaiah Mustafa, the memorable Old Spice pitch man.
David Droga, founder and creative chairman of Droga5, was presented the 2019 Clio Lifetime Achievement Award by Facebook’s CCO Mark D’Arcy. In accepting the award, Droga admitted that “it’s flattering of the highest order” and shared that he got into the industry “because you get to put your imagination into something and you can project it onto so many different things.” Jim Lesser, president and CEO of BBDO San Francisco, was the presenter of the Clio Brand Icon Award for Barbie. The empowering brand was represented on stage by Lisa McKnight, global head of dolls for Mattel and honored for its 60-year history as one of the most famous and talked about brands ever created.
Click here for a full list of previously announced Gold, Silver and Bronze Clio recipients.Category: News