- LOS ANGELES & BOYNTON BEACH, Fla.
The most engaging publicity news releases on the SHOOT Publicity Wire (SPW) in 2020 range from shortlisted entries for The One Show 2020 as well as The AICP Awards to finalists for the ADC 99th Annual Awards, efforts by a VFX vet to develop new Artificial Intelligence (AI) digital tools, the opening of entries for the 2020 SHOOT New Directors Search, and Cinematic Media wrapping post and finishing on the first season of Netflix’s El Club series.
Topping the SPW rundown was the complete shortlist for The One Show 2020 awards. McCann NY had the most shortlisted entries with 107, including 20 each for March For Our Lives’ “Generation Lockdown” and the New York Lottery’s “The Most Metal Scratch-Off”; 18 for Microsoft’s “Changing the Game”; 13 for Lockheed-Martin’s “Think Inside the Box”; and 12 for Verizon’s “The Team That Wouldn’t Be Here.”
Finishing second in the SPW views tally was another tally--that of finalists for the ADC 99th Annual Awards. BBDO New York had the most finalist entries with 29, including eight with Sanctuary Los Angeles for Monica Lewinsky’s “The Epidemic” and seven with Smuggler New York for Sandy Hook Promise’s “Back to School Essentials.” Goodby Silverstein & Partners San Francisco was runner up with 23 finalists, including five each for Doritos’ “Cool Ranch” and Daughters of the Revolution’s “Lessons in Herstory.”
Taking third place in our rundown was news of efforts by VFX vet Helena Packer to develop new digital tools to advance AI.
Fourth place went to coverage of a Nutrisystem campaign directed by Grady Hall of Durable Goods which shows that a one size fits all approach to weight loss isn’t realistic for everyone. The ads spotlight a wide range of individual goals, body types and favorite foods--which Nutrisystem takes into account in personalized, custom-made plans. Featured in the mix is longtime Nutrisystem spokesperson Marie Osmond.
Landing in fifth place in number of SPW views was a rundown of shortlists for The AICP Next Awards, The AICP Post Awards and The AICP Show. Topping brands across the three shows was Apple with a total of 30 mentions. Wieden+Kennedy led the way for agencies with 43 mentions. And SMUGGLER finished first in production companies with 35 mentions.
Settling in sixth place was news that cannabis brand Cherry had entered into a business and marketing partnership with hip hop artist, film/TV actor and entertainment entrepreneur N.O.R.E.
Generating the seventh highest total of views in our countdown was the announcement that the 2020 SHOOT New Directors Search had officially opened for entries. This marked SHOOT’s 18th annual worldwide search to discover the best up-and-coming directors.
Ending up eighth was coverage of the New York Festivals TV & Film Awards’ Storytellers Gala competition winners including The Edge Picture Company as Production Company of the Year, and Grand honorees such as Fleabag, Very Ralph, Okavango--River of Dreams and Apollo: Missions to the Moon.
Nestled in the ninth slot was the opening of a limited U.S. theatrical engagement for documentary The End of Quantum Reality.
And rounding out SPW’s top ten for 2020 was a release on Mexico City-based Cinematic Media wrapping postproduction on the first season of El Club, Netflix’s young adult dramedy centered on a group of affluent millennials who get caught up in the dark world of narco-trafficking.
Here’s a rundown of the year’s 25 most viewed news releases on the SHOOT Publicity Wire and their authors (click title to read release):
Title | Author
1. McCann, BBDO and Ogilvy Lead The Way On The One Show 2020 Full Shortlist | The One Club
2. Finalists From 32 Countries Announced For ADC 99th Annual Awards | The One Club
4. Not Every Body Is Marie Osmond In New Colorful Nutrisystem Campaign | Press Kitchen
5. 2020 AICP Awards Releases Shortlists For The AICP Next Awards, The AICP Post Awards and The AICP Show @MoMA | Vagnoni Communications
9. “The End of Quantum Reality” Documentary Opens Limited US Theatrical Engagement | Inohm Entertainment
10. Cinematic Media Provides High-End Finish for Netflix Series “El Club” | Artisans PR
14. Comedian Debra Wilson To Host The 24th Annual Art Directors Guild Awards | Weissman Markovitz Communications
15. ShoulderHill Entertainment and Hudson Yards Loft Join To Create New Production Hub on NYC West Side | Shoulder Hill Entertainment
17. Hula Post Launches Hula Post Everywhere | Jay Hopkins | Hula Post
20. Native Content and Rocket Mortgage Debut New Spots in “More Than a House” Campaign | Raz Public Relations
24. SXSW: Justine Bateman Reunites with Union Partner/Editor Jay Friedkin on ‘Violet’ | Raging Artists