L.A.-based creative advertising agency Battery is offering to create a marketing campaign free of charge for a small Los Angeles County business that is struggling to stay open during the COVID-19 pandemic. Dubbed “An Idea for L.A.,” the initiative calls on local businesses in need to submit a company bio and description of the marketing and business challenges they face. Battery will select the most deserving company, which will get an extreme marketing makeover. “At Battery, we’ve all staked our own careers and livelihoods on the power of creativity to solve big problems,” said Philip Khosid, chief creative officer at Battery. “So we’re stepping up to pay it forward to the city that gave us the opportunity to build the business of our dreams, with the one thing we know works. Because we get it.” Battery’s clients include Netflix and the L.A. Clippers. Right now, countless mom & pop companies and local independent businesses that are critical to the cultural fabric of Los Angeles are scrambling for survival. More than 90% of L.A. businesses employ fewer than 20 workers. It’s home to more minority and women-owned businesses than any other city in the country. The lucky few who were able to get small business emergency loans under the Paycheck Protection Program cannot spend it on marketing.
WHO CAN ENTER AN IDEA FOR L.A.:
- 1. A local business, established in L.A. County
- 2. Family/Employee owned and operated
- 3. Actively involved in giving back to the community
- In 500 words or less describe your business, the challenges it faces, and how you think your business can benefit from a strong marketing push. Battery will review submissions and if it’s a fit they will be in touch.
- Submit info to AnIdeaForLA@batteryagency.com no later than June 15, 2020. Submissions will be reviewed that week and the winner will be announced on June 22.