Displaying 1 - 10 of 6235
  • Monday, Jul. 10, 2023
Cliff Atkinson
LOS ANGELES -- 

Cliff Atkinson is returning to Saatchi & Saatchi, this time as the agency’s first-ever director of culture and DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion). In his new role, Atkinson will be responsible for building initiatives that speak to the agency’s values and build on the existing DE&I framework. Atkinson was selected for the role because of his passion for giving back to his community and proven track record of promoting diversity efforts at legacy brands. 

“I know Saatchi’s culture--it’s like family to me and it’s where I’ve done some of the best work in my career,” said Atkinson. “Now that I’m back, I’m excited to take on this new challenge that will allow me to drive change within the agency, with the hope of contributing to a more diverse industry overall.” 

Aktinson previously served as sr. director at the Saatchi & Saatchi Los Angeles office for 12-plus years, working on Toyota until 2018. In 2021, he co-founded a More

  • Monday, Jul. 10, 2023
Hugh Boyle (l) and Bob Wagner
DALLAS -- 

Hugh Boyle and Bob Wagner have launched creative agency Doable and panel-based consumer research company Consumers with Disabilities Research Foundation (CoDi Research). The sister shops aim to improve disability representation in advertising and marketing by addressing:

  • The under-representation of talent with disabilities working in advertising and marketing agencies.
  • And the absence of consumers-with-disabilities research, data and insights and how this impacts the portrayal of life with a disability in advertising and marketing campaigns.

Boyle and Wagner are disabled advertising agency veterans. Boyle, who previously served in senior roles at WPP & Omnicom agencies, is a trans-tibial amputee. Wagner held senior roles at Omnicom agencies, began his career on the client side with Procter & Gamble and Campbell’s Soup, and has been hearing impaired since birth.

Together, the two bring a unique More

  • Sunday, Jul. 9, 2023
A view of the main entrance to the headquarters of the publicly funded BBC in London, Wednesday, July 19, 2017. (AP Photo/Frank Augstein, File)
LONDON (AP) -- 

The BBC said Sunday that it has suspended a leading presenter who is alleged to have paid a teenager for sexually explicit photos.

As senior British politicians urged a rapid investigation, the broadcaster said it was working to establish the facts of "a complex and fast-moving set of circumstances."

The U.K.'s publicly funded national broadcaster was scrambling to head off a worsening crisis after The Sun newspaper reported allegations that the male presenter gave a youth 35,000 pounds ($45,000) starting in 2020 when the young person was 17.

Neither the star nor the youth was identified. Amid speculation on social media about the identity of the presenter, several of the BBC's best-known stars spoke up to say it wasn't them.

Though the age of sexual consent in Britain is 16, it's a crime to make or possess indecent images of anyone under 18.

The Sun said the young person's mother had complained to the BBC in May but More

  • Sunday, Jul. 9, 2023
A view of the main entrance to the headquarters of the publicly funded BBC in London, Wednesday, July 19, 2017. Senior British politicians on Sunday, July 9, 2023 called on the BBC to rapidly investigate a complaint that a leading presenter paid a teenager for explicit photos. The publicly funded national broadcaster is under pressure after The Sun newspaper reported allegations that the male presenter gave a youth 35,000 pounds ($45,000) starting in 2020 when the young person was 17. (AP Photo/Frank Augstein, File)
LONDON (AP) -- 

Senior British politicians on Sunday called on the BBC to rapidly investigate claims that a leading presenter paid a teenager for explicit photos.

Culture Secretary Lucy Frazer held crisis talks with the broadcaster's director-general, and said the "deeply concerning" allegations must be looked into "swiftly and sensitively."

The publicly funded national broadcaster is under pressure after The Sun newspaper reported allegations that the male presenter gave a youth 35,000 pounds ($45,000) starting in 2020 when the young person was 17.

Neither the star nor the youth was identified. Amid speculation on social media about the identity of the presenter, several of the BBC's best-known stars spoke up to say it wasn't them.

Though the age of sexual consent in Britain is 16, it's a crime to make or possess indecent images of anyone under 18.

The Sun said the young person's mother had complained to the BBC in May. It was More

  • Friday, Jul. 7, 2023
Frank Scherma (photo courtesy of the Television Academy)
LOS ANGELES -- 

The nominations for the 75th Emmy® Awards will be presented by Emmy Award-nominated actress Yvette Nicole Brown and Television Academy chair Frank Scherma at a live virtual ceremony slated for Wednesday, July 12, at 8:30 AM PDT/11:30 AM EDT. The ceremony will stream live here.

This season, the Emmy Awards celebrates its 75th anniversary. What began as a modest ceremony with five awards at the Hollywood Athletic Club has evolved into television’s biggest night, celebrating excellence throughout the industry. In the age of “peak TV” with close to 600 original scripted series, the nominations recognize the importance of the writers, performers and all those who worked on television programs in the past year.

“It’s been another transformational year in this platinum age of television that has delivered a diverse range of extraordinary programming,” said Scherma. “We are delighted to More

  • Friday, Jul. 7, 2023
COLORFUL 2023 1st place winner Mischelle Moy
NEW YORK -- 

The One Club for Creativity has unveiled the winners and finalists for COLORFUL 2023, a special grant program related to the global Young Guns 21 competition to help up and coming BIPOC creatives around the world advance their careers. 

COLORFUL winners are awarded cash prizes to be used towards a professional dream project of their choosing, and free entry to the YG21 competition.

This year’s first-place winner is Mischelle Moy, a digital artist and photographer based in Brooklyn, who will receive a $3,000 grant.  

Second place went to Troy Charbonnet, a filmmaker in Irvine, California, who picked up a $2,000 grant.

There are two third-place winners, each receiving a $1,000 grant: Improper Design + Animation (the 2D animation director team of Mehr Chatterjee and Aditya Dutta) in New Delhi, and Katty Huertas, a Washington DC-based illustrator.

In addition, the following COLORFUL 2023 finalists qualify for free entry in More

  • Thursday, Jul. 6, 2023
NEW YORK -- 

The One Club for Creativity announced 100 creatives from 47 countries and regions who will serve on the jury for the global Young Guns 21, celebrating creative professionals age 30 or younger.

Young Guns is a global, cross-disciplinary, portfolio-based awards competition that identifies and celebrates today’s vanguard of young creatives.  The program is open to creatives age 30 and under who have been working for at least two years, full-time or freelance, and regularly attracts entries from upwards of 45 countries, with more than half coming from outside the US.

A sampling of jury members, including past YG winners as indicated, includes:

  • Susana Albuquerque, ECD, partner, Uzina Lisbon; president, Clube da Criatividade Portugal, and The One Club International Board member
  • Florian Born, robotics & engineering lead, PCH-Innovations, Berlin (YG14)
  • Ivan Cash, artist, filmmaker, Cash Studio, Brooklyn (YG10) More
  • Thursday, Jul. 6, 2023
Actor Kevin Spacey arrives at Southwark Crown Court where he is accused of sexual offenses against four men while he worked at the Old Vic Theatre in London, Thursday July 6, 2023. (lucy North/PA via AP)
LONDON (AP) -- 

A man who says Kevin Spacey subjected him to a torrent of verbal abuse and grabbed his crotch denied claims by the Hollywood star's lawyer on Thursday that he had concocted the assault allegations, saying he'd kept the "horrific" incident bottled up for years.

The man is one of four who say the two-time Academy Award winner assaulted them in Britain between 2001 and 2013. For much of that time, Spacey was artistic director of the Old Vic Theatre in London.

Spacey, 63, is standing trial in a London court on 12 charges, which include sexual assault, indecent assault and causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent. He denies all the allegations, and his lawyer has suggested the accusers are looking for payouts from Spacey.

The third alleged victim to testify said that Spacey, smelling strongly of alcohol, peppered him with a "machine-gun" torrent of crude verbal abuse before grabbing him by the crotch " More

  • Thursday, Jul. 6, 2023
A person stands in front of a Meta sign outside of the company's headquarters in Menlo Park, Calif., Tuesday, March 7, 2023. Canada's government has announced on Wednesday July 5, that it will stop advertising on Facebook and Instagram in response to Meta’s decision to block access to news content on their social platforms as part of a temporary test. (AP Photo/Jeff Chiu, File)
OTTAWA, Ontario (AP) -- 

Canada's government said Wednesday it would stop advertising on Facebook and Instagram, in response to Meta's decision to block access to news content on their social platforms as part of a temporary test.

Heritage Minister Pablo Rodriguez announced Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's government's decision at a news conference.

Canada's move is the latest episode in a dispute that started after Trudeau's administration proposed a bill that would require technology companies to pay publishers for linking to or otherwise repurposing their content online.

Meta promised at the time to block Canadian news content on its Facebook and Instagram platforms to address Canada's recently passed Online News Act.

Rodriguez said the decision from Meta was "unreasonable" and "irresponsible," and as a result Canada would stop advertising on their platforms.

He said the federal government spends about 10 million Canadian dollars (around $7. More

  • Thursday, Jul. 6, 2023
Attendees visit the Meta booth at the Game Developers Conference 2023 in San Francisco on March 22, 2023. Meta Platforms’ Facebook has lost a legal challenge at the European Union’s top court over a groundbreaking German antitrust decision that limited the way it uses data for advertising. The European Court of Justice said Tuesday, July 4, 2023, that competition watchdogs can consider whether companies like Facebook comply with the continent’s strict privacy rules, which are normally covered by national data privacy regulators. (AP Photo/Jeff Chiu, File)
LONDON (AP) -- 

Facebook lost a legal challenge Tuesday at the European Union's top court over a groundbreaking German antitrust decision that limited the way the company uses data for advertising.

The European Court of Justice said competition watchdogs can consider whether companies like Facebook comply with the continent's strict privacy rules, which are normally enforced by national data privacy regulators.

The court ruled that antitrust authorities can take into account any violations of data privacy rules as they investigate whether tech giants are abusing their dominance in the market by boxing out competitors.

"We are evaluating the court's decision and will have more to say in due course," Facebook parent Meta said in a statement.

The court sided with a 2019 German antitrust ruling that threatened to upend Meta's business model of selling ads targeted to users based on data gleaned from how they spend time on its services.

More

MySHOOT Company Profiles