- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- Trending Now
- My Membership
- Wednesday, Jul. 6, 2022
The One Club sets jury for Young Guns 20
Levine/Leavitt Artist In Residence Award
- NEW YORK
The One Club for Creativity announced the diverse jury of 93 top creatives from 41 countries and regions for the global Young Guns 20, celebrating creative professionals age 30 or younger.
A sampling of this year’s diverse Young Guns 20 jury, many of whom are past YG winners, includes:
- Adekunle Adenmosun, deputy creative director, Insight Publicis, Lagos
- Hannah Bellil, global head, Stink Rising & Music Video, Stink Films, London
- Dani Choi, illustrator, Seoul (YG19)
- Hanne Dillan, head of design, ANTI, Oslo
- Fan Ding, Jianping Fang, art directors, United Design Lab (UDL), Beijing
- Carol Dunn, executive producer, Human, Santa Monica
- Suhana Gordhan, CCO, Duke Group, Cape Town, The One Club International Board member
- Julia Hoffmann, ECD, Google, London (YG4)
- Chihiro Konno, senior art director, Droga5, Tokyo (YG13)
- Maria Lashari, global creative lead, Brand & Identity, H&M, Stockholm
- Tim Neal, CD, The Engagement Party, Saskatchewan
- Anu Niemonen, ECD, Wunderman Thompson, Helsinki, The One Club International Board member
- Juan Carlos Pagan, cofounder, designer, ECD, Sunday Afternoon, New York (YG11)
- Ismael Prieto, director, DEO, Santiago
- Wayne Quilliam, Aboriginal storyteller, artist, creator, Wayne Quilliam Photography, Melbourne
- Todd St. John, CD, HunterGatherer, Brooklyn (YG1)
- Fizza Shah, ECD, IAL Saatchi & Saatchi, Karachi
- Priyanka Shah, founder, CD, Studio Lalala, Mumbai
- Karin Satrom, design director, The Metropolitan Opera, New York (YG3)
- Michael Schachtner, CCO, Dentsu Creative Germany, Berlin (YG7)
- Mpho Twala, director, partner, The Rudeboy Collective, Johannesburg
- Wes Walker, director, Maui
- Jan Wilker, partner, CD, karlssonwilker, New York (YG3)
- Tynesha Williams, SVP, ECD, 3AM, Santa Monica
Young Guns is a portfolio-based awards competition that identifies and celebrates today’s vanguard of young creatives. The program is open to creatives age 30 and under who have been working for at least two years, full-time or freelance, and regularly attracts entries from upwards of 45 countries.
The online entry system is open, with the reduced-fee early deadline of June 30, 2022, regular deadline July 14, 2022 and final deadline July 28, 2022. Winners will be announced in the fall.
Eligible entrants can submit a combination of professional and personal work in graphic design; advertising art direction and copywriting; architectural, environmental and interior design; industrial and product design; digital (UX/UI, experiential design, interactive, web design, apps, game development): film and animation (motion design, television, video); fashion; typography and lettering; illustration and photography.
All Young Guns winners receive a unique version of the iconic Young Guns Cube, designed exclusively for this year’s incoming class, and have their permanent profile page added to the Young Guns website. Winners also receive a complimentary one-year One Club for Creativity membership, permanent membership in the Young Guns network, a chance to be featured in Young Guns events and an assortment of career-boosting opportunities from Young Guns sponsors.
Program branding and design of the Cube award itself is reimagined each year by a past Young Gun winner. This year’s YG20 branding and award are designed by Zipeng Zhu (YG13), founder and creative director at Dazzle Studio New York. The font for the YG20 branding is created by NaN Berlin.
Levine/Leavitt Artist In Residence Award
For the ninth consecutive year, international artists management agency and Young Guns sponsor Levine/Leavitt will bestow one talented winner with the Artist In Residence Award.
The honor is presented annually to a newly crowned Young Gun whose body of work truly stands out, as judged by an advisory board of industry professionals across a range of disciplines. The winner receives a full year of professional development, guidance and mentorship from Levine/Leavitt to help advance their career.