- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- PDF Back Issues
- Trending Now
- My Membership
- Tuesday, Apr. 16, 2019
Producers Guild sets sessions, additional speakers for Produced By Conference In L.A.
- LOS ANGELES
The Producers Guild of America (PGA) has announced its headlining sessions for the 11th annual Produced By Conference on Saturday, June 8, and Sunday, June 9, at Warner Bros. Studios in Los Angeles, including:
- “Conversation With: Toby Emmerich & Peter Roth” features an in-depth discussion with the Warner Bros. heads of film and television about the future of development across platforms.
- “Conversation With: Mindy Kaling & Nancy Meyers sponsored by Delta Air Lines” invites Mindy Kaling, the sky rocketing writer and producer of the upcoming film Late Night, to her first appearance at the Produced By Conference alongside revered director and producer Nancy Meyers.
- “Conversation With: Michael Douglas & Danny DeVito” features a conversation with Michael Douglas and Danny DeVito discussing their favorite stories from their decades-long careers, including their current work on the award-winning Netflix series The Kominsky Method.
- “Conversation With: Jeffrey Katzenberg & Meg Whitman” will bring the Hollywood and tech industry moguls to the stage to talk about their streaming service, Quibi, and provide insights into how disruptive technologies are changing the future of the entertainment industry.
- “360 Profile: When They See Us” will bring Ava DuVernay, Cindy Holland, Jane Rosenthal, Jonathan King & Berry Welsh to the stage to discuss the creation and exploration of important themes in the new Netflix drama, When They See Us, that exposes the breakdown of the U.S. criminal justice system during the Central Park Five case.
Reflecting on innovations in Hollywood, the 2019 Produced By Conference will host several sessions that range from streaming, horror and social good to podcasting and OTT networks. Sessions include “The Streamers: Meet the Buyers” featuring executives from Amazon, Disney+, EPIX and Hulu; “Content with a Conscious: Social Impact Entertainment Across All Platforms” with Michael B. Jordan; and “Power of Podcasts: The Latest Way to Extend Your Story.” Additionally, popular standing room only sessions “TV: Meet the Buyers” and “The Art and Craft of Pitching” will return this year.
Harnessing the excitement for and continued dominance of horror, the 2019 Produced By Conference will feature a panel with innovative producers who are finding new ways to scare and thrill audiences in “The New Age of Producing Horror.” Taking the stage will include Ian Cooper (Us, Candyman), Kate Krantz (The Birch, Sunny Family Cult), Trevor Macy (The Haunting of Hill House, Doctor Sleep), Sam Shaw (Castle Rock, Manhattan), Dustin Thomason (Castle Rock, Manhattan), and Marci Wiseman (Sharp Objects, The Loudest Voice).
Produced By 2019 includes a broad range of programming, from mentoring roundtables to workshops and networking events, as well as the following additional sessions:
- The Keys to the Kingdom: Financiers & Distributors
- Live Entertainment Evolved: Scripted, Interactive and Beyond sponsored by Blackmagic Design
- Representation for Everyone: Why It Makes Sense Now More Than Ever sponsored by Freeform
- The Integrated Data-Driven Production: Efficiency, Economy and Quality sponsored by Cast & Crew
- The Collaborative Balance: Creativity, Cost & Technology sponsored by Panavision
Additional speakers have also been added to the lineup for the 11th annual Produced By Conference. In alphabetical order, the new additions are:
- Alana Mayo, President of Production and Development, Outlier Society Productions; Annihilation, Fences
- Berry Welsh, SVP, Production & Development, Tribeca Productions; When They See Us, The Irishman
- Chris Thomes, Vice President, Marketing Strategy, ABC Studios
- Daniela Hamilton; Telenovela Live
- Danny DeVito; Actor/Director/Producer; The War of the Roses, Matilda
- Gail Berman, President, Producers Guild of America; Chairperson, SIDECAR
- Ian Cooper,Creative Director, Monkeypaw Productions; Us, Candyman
- James F. Lopez, President, Will Packer Productions; Little, What Men Want
- Jeffrey Katzenberg, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, WndrCo; Founder and Chairman of the Board, Quibi
- Jesse Sisgold, President & Chief Operating Officer, Skydance Media
- Kia Kiso, Founding Member, PGA Social Impact Entertainment Task Force; Producer, Zaza Productions; Mile… Mile & A Half
- Kip Konwiser, Co-Founder, The Money Pool; Ana, Cigarette
- Leila Jarman, Producer/Director and Creative Director of Women’s Voices Now
- Lucy Fisher, President, Producers Guild of America; Partner, Red Wagon Entertainment; The Great Gatsby, Divergent series
- Meg Whitman, CEO, Quibi
- Michael Thorn, President of Entertainment, FOX Entertainment
- Michael B. Jordan, Principal, Outlier Society Productions; Black Panther, Creed franchise
- Mindy Kaling, Principal, Kaling International; Late Night, The Mindy Project
- Nancy Meyers, The Intern, It’s Complicated
- Steven Canals; Pose, Dead of Summer
- Tracey Edmonds, CEO and President, Edmonds Entertainment; Games People Play, Jumping the Broom
- Tricia Melton, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Freeform
- Vernon Sanders, Co-Head of Television, Amazon Studios
The 2019 Produced By Conference is chaired by PGA members Betsy Beers, Ian Bryce, Tracey Edmonds, Mike Farah, and Gene Stein. The Produced By Conference 2019 team is supervising producer, Barry Kaplan (EKG, Inc.), program directors, Madelyn Hammond and Javier Infante (Madelyn Hammond & Associates), sponsorship director, Diane Salerno (Six Degrees Global), and marketing consultant, Julie Giles (greenHAT digital).