Displaying 111 - 120 of 4208
  • Tuesday, Apr. 28, 2020
This image released by Lifetime shows Ashley "Ms. Minnie" Ross of the Atlanta-filmed reality TV show “Little Women: Atlanta.” Ross died in a Georgia car crash on Monday, April 27, her representative confirmed Tuesday. The Lifetime series follows the lives of a group of women with dwarfism trying to make it big in Atlanta’s hip-hop and rap music scene. (Lifetime via AP)
ATLANTA (AP) -- 

Ashley Ross of the reality TV show "Little Women: Atlanta" has died in a Georgia car crash, her representative confirmed Tuesday.

Ross, who was known as "Ms. Minnie," died of her injuries Monday at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, her publicist Liz Dixson said in an email to The Association Press.

"The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time," Dixon said.

The wreck happened late Sunday night on a road south of Atlanta, Dixson said. City of South Fulton police did not immediately respond to requests for comment Tuesday.

The Lifetime series follows the lives of a group of women with dwarfism trying to make it big in Atlanta's hip-hop and rap music scene.

  • Monday, Apr. 27, 2020
This image released by Universal Pictures shows Pete Davidson in "The King of Staten Island," directed by Judd Apatow. Universal Pictures said Monday that “The King of Staten Island” will debut on digital platforms June 12. (Mary Cybulski/Universal Pictures via AP)
NEW YORK (AP) -- 

Judd Apatow's "The King of Staten Island," starring Pete Davidson, will release straight to home on-demand video after having its theatrical release canceled. 

Universal Pictures said Monday that "The King of Staten Island" will debut as a $20 rental on digital platforms June 12. It is Apatow's first fiction film as a director since 2015's "Trainwreck" and Davidson's biggest movie project yet, had earlier been slated for theatrical release on June 19. It was also supposed to be the opening movie at the South by Southwest in March before the film festival was canceled due to the pandemic. 

"The King of Staten Island" is the second Universal Pictures release to turn to a home video release following "Trolls World Tour" in early April. The studio declined to release sales figures but trumpeted its opening-weekend performance as  a record VOD debut. 

Though the wide majority of major releases have been postponed until theaters reopen, More

  • Monday, Apr. 27, 2020
This image released by Disney/Lucasfilm shows Daisy Ridley as Rey in a scene from "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker." The film will begin streaming on Disney Plus on May 4, about two months earlier than scheduled. (Disney/Lucasfilm Ltd. via AP)
NEW YORK (AP) -- 

"Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" will begin streaming on Disney Plus on May 4, about two months earlier than scheduled. 

The Walt Disney Co. said Monday that "The Rise of Skywalker" will land on the streaming service timed to what's referred to as "Star Wars Day" after the slogan of "May the Fourth be with you." The release will give fans the option of streaming the full nine-part saga on the annual "Star Wars" holiday. 

"The Rise of Skywalker" was released for digital rental and video-on-demand in March, so the timing of its streaming arrival isn't unusual. The film, directed by J.J. Abrams, was the worst reviewed of the nine "Star Wars" installments, with a 52% fresh score on Rotten Tomatoes. It grossed more than $1 billion in its theatrical run begun on Dec. 20.

During the pandemic, Disney has diverted several of its titles to its streaming service early for housebound viewers. It also sent "Frozen 2" and "Onward" to Disney More

  • Monday, Apr. 27, 2020
Diego Scotti, chief marketing officer, Verizon
NEW YORK -- 

The Ad Council, America’s leading non-profit organization dedicated to using communications to drive social change, elected new members to its board of directors at its spring meeting held virtually last week. Chaired by David Fischer, chief revenue officer (CRO) of Facebook, the board named Diego Scotti, chief marketing officer at Verizon, a vice chair, joining additional board vice chairs Linda Yaccarino, chairman, Advertising Sales and Client Partnerships, NBCUniversal, and Jacki Kelley, CEO, Dentsu Aegis Network.

Since the organization’s founding, the Ad Council has been at the forefront of leading the communications industry’s social impact efforts. Its board of directors is comprised of a prestigious group of senior marketing and media executives who provide expertise, insights and financial support to ensure the Ad Council’s social good communication campaigns are effective and impactful. Most recently, the Ad Council board of directors More

  • Monday, Apr. 27, 2020
In this Feb. 21, 2019 file photo, AT&T Chairman & CEO Randall Stephenson is interviewed by Maria Bartiromo during her "Mornings with Maria Bartiromo" program on the Fox Business Network, in New York. Stephenson is stepping down after leading the telecommunications giant for 13 years. The Dallas company named John Stankey as chief executive effective July 1, 2020. Stankey, 57, has been president and chief operating officer since October 2019 (AP Photo/Richard Drew, File)
NEW YORK (AP) -- 

AT&T CEO Randall Stephenson is stepping down after leading the telecommunications giant for 13 years. 

The Dallas company named John Stankey as chief executive effective July 1. 

Stankey, 57, has been president and chief operating officer since October 2019. He joined AT&T in 1985. 

Stephenson, 60, will stay on as executive chairman until January 2021. During his tenure, Stephenson transformed the former Ma Bell into a conglomerate with the acquisition of DirecTV and the $81 billion acquisition of Time Warner. 

His retirement last year was postponed after an activist investor questioned the elevation of Stankey and pushed for other changes. That dispute was settled  in October. At that time the company said Stephenson would stay on at least through 2020.

AT&T is trying to adapt to the shift to streaming video, as subscribers to traditional cable and satellite TV services fall. In May, it's launching HBO Max More

  • Sunday, Apr. 26, 2020
In this screengrab provided by NBC, Brad Pitt portrays Dr. Anthony Fauci in the second at-home episode of “Saturday Night Live,” which aired Saturday, April 25, 2020. (NBC via AP)
NEW YORK (AP) -- 

Brad Pitt portrayed Dr. Anthony Fauci in the second at-home episode of "Saturday Night Live," that featured musical guest Miley Cyrus, an Adam Sandler cameo and plenty of disinfectant jokes. 

A bespectacled Pitt, speaking in Fauci's raspy voice, tried to recast false assurances and misstatements pitched by President Donald Trump during the pandemic, for instance when Trump said there'd be a COVID-19 vaccine "relatively soon. "

"Relatively soon is an interesting phrase. Relative to the entire history of earth? Sure, the vaccine is going to come real fast," said Pitt's Fauci, seated at a desk behind a stately bookcase. "But if you were going to tell a friend, 'I'll be over relatively soon' and then showed up a year and a half later, well, your friend may be relatively pissed off."

The episode was the show's second "quarantine edition," with pre-recorded segments at actors' homes delving into the frustrations and touchstones of More

  • Friday, Apr. 24, 2020
In this Oct. 24, 2016 file photo, Benedict Cumberbatch poses for photographers upon arrival at the launch event of the film "Doctor Strange" in London. Hollywood studios are shuffling more release dates as a result of the coronavirus, including “Doctor Strange 2” and the sequels to “Spider-Man: Far From Home” and “Into the Spider-Verse.” Late Friday, both Sony Pictures and The Walt Disney Co. announced updated theatrical release schedules including some significant delays to some of their marquee superhero films. “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness" will now open in 2022. (Photo by Joel Ryan/Invision/AP, File)
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- 

Hollywood studios are shuffling more release dates as a result of the coronavirus, including sequels to "Doctor Strange," "Spider-Man: Far From Home" and "Into the Spider-Verse."

Late Friday, both Sony Pictures and The Walt Disney Co. announced updated theatrical release schedules that significantly delay some of their marquee superhero films. 

Marvel's "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness," the sequel to the 2016 Benedict Cumberbatch film, has been pushed back from November 2021 to March 2022. 

Sony said its live-action Spider-Man, the third in the Tom Holland series, is being delayed from July 2021 to November 2021. The animated "Spider-Verse" sequel is now dated for October 2022, back from its original April 2022 release. 

Efforts to slow the spread of the coronavirus have resulted in productions being shut down, which has caused a domino effect in the meticulously planned theatrical release calendar all the way More

  • Friday, Apr. 24, 2020
In this March 21, 2019 file photo, Amy Poehler arrives at the "Parks and Recreation" 10th anniversary reunion during the 36th annual PaleyFest in Los Angeles. Five years after audiences said goodbye to the show, the cast will reunite for NBC and Universal Television's all-original "A Parks and Recreation Special" to benefit Feeding America. The special is set to air Thursday, April 30. (Photo by Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP)
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- 

The original cast members of "Parks and Recreation" are getting back to work for a coronavirus-related fundraising special.

Amy Poehler, Rashida Jones, Aziz Ansari, Nick Offerman and Adam Scott are among the sitcom's stars to be featured in the half-hour special airing 8:30 p.m. EDT Thursday, April 30, on NBC.

The story reflects the real-life crisis, with Poehler's Leslie Knope striving to stay in touch with her friends while observing social distancing.

"Like a lot of other people, we were looking for ways to help and felt that bringing these characters back for a night could raise some money," said executive producer Michael Schur. "I sent a hopeful email to the cast and they all got back to me within 45 minutes."

Schur said he hopes everyone enjoys the special and, as he said in a statement, "donates!"

Contributions will go to Feeding America's COVID-19 Response Fund, which is helping food banks serve vulnerable More

  • Wednesday, Apr. 22, 2020
In this Nov. 22, 2009 file photo, Whitney Houston performs at the 37th Annual American Music Awards in Los Angeles. A feature film about Houston’s life is in the works from Anthony McCarten, the screenwriter of “Bohemian Rhapsody.” The biopic is being shepherded by the Whitney Houston Estate, music producer Clive Davis and Primary Wave Music, the partners said Wednesday. (AP Photo/Matt Sayles)
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- 

A feature film about Whitney Houston's life is in the works from the screenwriter of "Bohemian Rhapsody." The biopic is being shepherded by the Whitney Houston Estate, music producer Clive Davis and Primary Wave Music, the partners said Wednesday. 

"I Wanna Dance with Somebody" will follow Houston from obscurity to pop stardom and promises to be "frank about the price that super-stardom exacted," according to the announcement.

"From all my personal and professional experience with Whitney from her late teenage years to her tragic premature death, I know the full Whitney Houston story has not yet been told," Davis said in a statement. He said Anthony McCarten's script will finally reveal the "whole Whitney whose vocal genius deeply affected the world while she fiercely battled the demons that were to be her undoing."

Houston sold over 200 million records worldwide during her 25-year career and won six Grammys, 16 Billboard Music More

  • Wednesday, Apr. 22, 2020
This Feb. 9, 2020 file photo shows actress Charlize Theron at the Vanity Fair Oscar Party in Beverly Hills, Calif. Theron and her foundation are committing $1 million to coronavirus relief efforts, with half dedicated to fighting gender-based violence resulting from the outbreak. (Photo by Evan Agostini/Invision/AP, File)
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- 

Actress Charlize Theron and her foundation are committing $1 million to coronavirus relief efforts, with half of that dedicated to fighting gender-based violence resulting from the outbreak.

The Charlize Theron Africa Outreach Project announced Wednesday that under an initiative called Together For Her, $500,000 would go to domestic violence shelters and community-based programs fighting gender-based violence. Advocates have warned that domestic abuse is a major danger during the pandemic as lockdown orders sometimes mean women at risk are confined at home with their abusers, with little means of escape. Children are also imperiled. 

The Oscar-winning actress will be supporting efforts in the United States and in her home country of South Africa, according to a statement from the foundation. Additional funds will be designated both domestically and internationally through two partner organizations, CARE and the Entertainment Industry More

MySHOOT Company Profiles