- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- Trending Now
- My Membership
The 18th Annual SHOOT New Directors Search Extends Entry Deadline 90 Days To June 30th Due To Coronavirus Crisis
- Monday, Mar. 23, 2020
Finalists To Be Celebrated At October 22nd SHOOT New Directors Showcase Event At The DGA, NYC; Emerging Filmmakers May Enter Spots, Movies, Docs, Shorts, Music Videos, TV & Spec Work
SHOOT® announced today that the 2020 SHOOT New Directors Search entry deadline has been extended 90 days from March 31 to June 30 due to the Coronavirus Crisis. "With so many extension requests from individual directors and from companies who want to enter their up-and-coming directors we're happy to eliminate the pressure of an immediate deadline when everyone is dealing with so many repercussions from the coronavirus pandemic," announced Roberta Griefer, SHOOT Publisher & Editorial Director. The new entry deadline gives qualified New Directors an additional 90 days to finish work that may not have been ready to submit by the original March 31st deadline. Also postponed is the date for The 18th Annual New Directors Showcase Event with debut screening of this year's New Directors Showcase Reel. Originally scheduled for May 28th at the DGA in NYC, the Event has been rescheduled to Thursday, October 22, 2020. The SHOOT NDS has a history of providing early career exposure to notable talent, helping to open up opportunities in the film, TV and commercialmaking/branded content sectors. In many cases, the SHOOT NDS Showcase has given directors a leg up in securing production company representation, connecting with a talent agent, and/or catching the eye of decision-makers in the entertainment and advertising space, resulting in job/project offers. Helping directors move closer to realizing their career aspirations for the last 18 years, SHOOT hopes the New Directors Search Entry Deadline extension will be of help to those who want to enter.
This will be SHOOT's 18th annual worldwide search to discover the best up-and-coming directors who, based on their initial work, show promise to soon make major positive contributions to advertising and/or entertainment in its traditional and emerging forms. If you have the talent, grab this once a year opportunity to boost your motion picture making career to the next level.
YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO ENTER IF: You have been directing any type of advertising or entertainment professionally LESS than 3 years (nothing prior to January 2017). The work you submit via the entry form MUST have been completed during the eighteen month period of January 2019-June 2020.
Enter at http://enterNDS.SHOOTonline.com through June 30, 2020 Midnight ET.
The 25-30 Showcase Finalists Will Receive Priceless Worldwide Exposure
Directors who have been directing professionally less than 3 years may enter the search via SHOOT's official online entry form. Only work entered via the official form will be considered. All work is carefully reviewed by SHOOT's editors and after the best work is selected, they will compile the 2020 SHOOT New Directors Showcase Reel. The reel will be screened for an audience of over 400 agency, network and movie studio creative executives & heads of production, as well as production company execs. Finalists' work will be seen by major decision-makers from Madison Avenue's key advertising agencies to Hollywood's top motion picture production companies and studios at SHOOT's 2020 New Directors Showcase Event at the Directors Guild of America's DGA Theatre in New York City On October 22.
The New Directors Showcase Event
This is an annual industry event for new directors. Not just another contest. The 2020 NDS event will include the screening of The New Directors Showcase Reel, panel featuring several of the new directors and several industry pros. The evening ends with the after-party. The selected Showcase directors and a guest are invited to attend the New Directors Showcase Event. Enter at http://enterNDS.SHOOTonline.com through June 30, 2020 Midnight ET.
Directors selected for the Showcase will receive high profile editorial exposure
Prior to the event SHOOT editors will interview the 2020 Showcase directors for a special feature that will appear in SHOOT Magazine's October/November Print & PDF Issues, SHOOT Dailies & SHOOT >e.dition ePubs, and on SHOOTonline.com®, bringing worldwide attention to the work and the directors. In addition to SHOOT's regular circulation the print issue, it will be given out at the SHOOT New Directors Showcase Event.
More high profile exposure takes place after the event
Coverage of the Fall New Directors Showcase gala event will appear on SHOOTonline and in the SHOOT Dailies and SHOOT>e.dition following the event with follow-up in-depth coverage and photos. And the New Directors Showcase reel, including new director interviews, will be posted on SHOOTonline for a full year to be viewed by over 45,000 unique visitors each month who are the motion picture industry movers and shakers.
- Click Here to see the SHOOT 2019 New Directors Showcase Reel
- Click Here for Coverage of the 2019 afternoon panels & speakers
- Click Here for Coverage of the 2019 SHOOT New Directors Showcase Screening, panel & after-party
- Click Here for photos from the 2019 Event
- Click Here for NDS Entrants & Submissions FAQs
The New Directors Search has three categories for entries
1. Traditional Broadcast including: television spots, spec work, cinema ads, branded content, music videos, trailers broadcast promos.
2. Alternative Media Content including: webisodes, spots created for online, mobile-phone content, in-game ads, advergaming, virals, alternate reality-gaming ads, ads created for PDAs.
3. Film/TV Entertainment Content including: feature films, independent films, short films, TV programs
Enter at http://enterNDS.SHOOTonline.com through June 30, 2020 Midnight ET.
Directors selected for the Showcase receive enormous career-making exposure!
Entering SHOOT's New Directors Showcase can be a big step towards being noticed by the companies that represent directors and the advertising agency creatives and commercial & entertainment producers at companies, networks, studios and brands who hire directors.
In addition to most unaffiliated directors finding production company homes/representation after the Showcase each year, many have gone on to direct great work and earn industry honors.
Here's a sampling...
- Bing Liu earned inclusion into SHOOT’s 2018 16th Annual New Directors Showcase on the strength of his documentary “Minding the Gap,” which has gone on to win Best Feature at the IDA Documentary Awards and is currently on the shortlist (one of 15 films) for the Best Documentary Feature Oscar®. “Minding the Gap” tells the story of three young men—including Liu himself—who bond with one another via skateboarding to escape volatile families in their Rust Belt hometown. However as they grow up and adult responsibilities take hold, unexpected revelations jeopardize their decade-long friendship. Liu is repped by Nonfiction Unlimited for spots and branded content.
- Jenna Laurenzo, who made the cut for the 2018 16th Annual New Directors Showcase on the basis of “Lez Bomb,” has seen that film win the Jury Award for Best Feature at Geena Davis’ Bentonville Film Festival. “Lez Bomb” was also an official selection at NewFest and the Frameline and Woodstock film festivals. “Lez Bomb” features an ensemble cast which includes Oscar winner Cloris Leachman, Oscar nominee Bruce Dern, Kevin Kane, Steve Guttenberg, Kevin Pollak, Elaine Hendrix, Brandon Micheal Hall and Rob Moran.
- Floyd Russ, an alum of the 2016 14th Annual New Directors Showcase, saw his documentary “Zion” win Best Short distinction at the 2018 IDA Documentary Awards. The film introduced audiences to Zion Clark, a young wrestler who was born without legs. Growing up in foster care, Clark struggled with fitting in his whole life—until he finds the sport of wrestling, a passion which he pursues, pushing himself to great lengths. “Zion” is currently on the shortlist (one of 10 films) in the running for the Documentary Short Subject Oscar. Russ is handled by Tool of North America for commercials and branded content.
- Directors Michael Fiore and Erik Sharkey, 2016 14th Annual New Directors Showcase alumni based on their “Floyd Norman: An Animated Life,” saw that documentary win the Audience Award at the Bentonville Film Festival and the Judges Choice Award for Best Documentary at the San Diego Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival. Pioneering animator and artist Norman was the first African American to be hired by Walt Disney’s legendary animation department back in 1956. He moved up the ranks at the studio and became one of only a dozen artists over the years hand-picked by Walt Disney to work alongside him in the story department.
- Romina Schwedler, a 2014 12th Annual New Directors Showcase alum, scored on the 2018 festival circuit as her short film, the psychological drama “The Visit”--starring Sean Maher and June Squibb (a Best Supporting Actress Oscar® nominee for “Nebraska”)--won the Millie Award for Best Director at The Milledgeville + Eatonton Film Festival. "The Visit" also won the U.S. Short Film Award Of Excellence at the Catalina Film Festival and received the Juried Short Film Competition Audience Award at the Martha’s Vineyard International Film Festival.
- SHOOT’s 2012 10th Annual New Directors Showcase included the directorial trio Everynone. Two-thirds of that threesome--Will Hoffman and Julius Metoyer, aka the Hoffman/Metoyer duo of MJZ--earned a DGA Award nomination last year in the commercials category. The third member of Everynone, Daniel Mercadante, went on to team with Katina Mercadante to form The Mercadantes, a duo which earned a DGA commercials nomination in 2015. The Mercadantes are now with Park Pictures.
- 2010 8th Annual New Directors Showcase alum Hiro Murai has gone on to be a three-time Emmy Award nominee--two of the nods coming for Outstanding Comedy Series in 2017 and ‘18 as exec producer on “Atlanta,” and one last year for Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series on the strength of the “Teddy Perkins” episode of “Atlanta.” Murai has a first-look producing deal with FX Productions.
- In 2010, Ross Katz won the DGA Award for outstanding achievement in movies for TV/miniseries on the strength of his HBO film "Taking Chance," the same film which garnered him inclusion in SHOOT's 2009 7th Annual New Directors Showcase.
- Keith Schofield earned inclusion into SHOOT's 2008 6th Annual Showcase. Four years later, his "The Bark Side" for Volkswagen out of Deutsch LA garnered a primetime commercial Emmy nomination. Schofield is with Caviar Content.
- Also in that 2008 6th Annual Showcase was Keith Bearden. Two years later he saw his feature film directing debut, "Meet Monica Velour," make its worldwide premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival. "Meet Monica Velour" was one of just 14 films chosen for Tribeca's Encounters section, offering original movies that reflect pop culture and contemporary issues.
- Another 2008 6th Annual Showcase helmer was Harold Einstein of Station who shortly thereafter saw three Crest toothpaste spots he directed for Saatchi NY earn a Gold Lion in the Campaign category at Cannes. Harold launched his own production company, Dummy.
- Pete Circuitt of The Ebeling Group, another 2008 6th Annual Showcase inductee, went on to direct CBS-TV's half-hour primetime Xmas special "Yes Virginia" for Macy's and JWT NY, which ended up winning a One Show Entertainment Awards Gold Pencil.
- Earning a slot in the 2006 4th Annual New Directors Showcase was the Terri Timely duo (Corey Creasey and Ian Kibbey), now with Park Pictures. Terri Timely directed Geico's "Unskippable: Family" pre-roll ad which in 2015 garnered The Martin Agency its first ever Cannes Grand Prix honor.
- The 2013 film “Oblivion” starring Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman was directed by Joseph Kosinski who eight years earlier was in our 3rd annual 2005 New Directors Showcase. Joseph is now with Reset, the production company launched by David Fincher and Dave Morrison. He is directing Top Gun: Maverick that will be in theaters on June 26, 2020.
- The 2005 3rd Annual New Directors Showcase also included director David Gray--at the time was a noted agency creative who had signed with Hungry Man to pursue a full-time directing career. Two years later, while still at Hungry Man, David was at the DGA Awards ceremony in Los Angeles as a nominee for Best Commercial Director of 2006. David is now with Station Film.
- SHOOT’s 2nd Annual New Directors Showcase in 2004 included Elliott Lester who has gone on to an accomplished career, including helming HBO’s telefilm “Nightingale,” a one-character drama starring David Oyelowo as Peter Snowden, an emotionally damaged war veteran whose life unravels before us. "Nightingale" is an HBO Films presentation in association with Brad Pitts’ Plan B Entertainment.
- The 2004 2nd Annual Showcase also included Ted Melfi on the strength of "Pizza Guys," a MTV spec spot he directed. Melfi has since gone on to establish himself in commercials and most recently as a feature filmmaker, making his theatrical movie debut at the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival with the tug-at-the-heartstrings comedy "St. Vincent." His second film, the acclaimed 2016 "Hidden Figures," has him squarely in this award season's Oscar conversation. Melfi is a founding partner of production house brother, which he teamed with executive producer Rich Carter to launch in 2014.
Enter at http://enterNDS.SHOOTonline.com through June 30, 2020 Midnight ET.
Each and every year since its inception, SHOOT's New Directors Showcase Delivers.
Here's a look at what some past SHOOT New Directors Showcase directors have said about their New Directors Showcase experience...
RAY SISTERS, 2019 New Co-Directors "The industry keeps a keen eye on the SHOOT New Directors Showcase. Production companies know to trust its selection of directors as a litmus test of fresh and exciting new talent. It signals that you’re Ones to Watch, and is a stamp of legitimacy to your work. Having the DGA as hosts, industry veterans on the panels, and high-caliber sponsors all add a level of professionalism and prestige to the showcase."
Zack Grant, 2019 New Director "As an established agency producer, the SHOOT New Directors Showcase was an amazing opportunity to introduce myself as a director and independent filmmaker to my peers in the commercial world. Screening my deeply personal documentary at the DGA Theatre – amongst the work of a class of incredibly talented and diverse filmmakers – was a humbling experience and a true honor. The showcase also provides a wonderful forum to get to know the next generation of directorial talent. I am inspired by my new peers and look forward to tracking their accomplishments for years to come."
Tamika Miller, 2019 New Director, “It was such a great honor to be included in the SHOOT New Directors Showcase. The exposure I received from having my commercial work screen at the Director’s Guild in New York, as well as participating in a panel discussion alongside other directors and commercial executives were invaluable. This recognition garnered me attention from commercial sales reps, production company owners and executive producers alike. What a wonderful platform to be seen as a creative!"
Brett Warkentien, 2018 New Director "To be included in the SHOOT 2018 16th Annual New Directors Showcase was an incredible honor and has unlocked a tremendous amount of opportunities for me. The association that comes with such a prestigious award at the beginning of your career is unparalleled. I am grateful for the recognition and look forward to seeing the next class of directors.”
Erica Eng, 2018 New Director "Being a part of SHOOT Magazine's 2018 16th Annual New Directors Showcase was such a dream come true for me. I've followed the careers of past accepted directors, and I'm honored to be among such an esteemed group of talent."
Brad Raider, 2018 New Director “It was such an honor to return to NYC and be included with my fellow directors at the 2018 16th Annual New Directors Showcase — I was truly blown away by my colleagues’ talents. I was also asked to be a part of the directors’ panel and it was a thrill to contribute to that dialogue. I’m really proud to be a part of the SHOOT family .”
Jenn Shaw, 2017 New Director “The SHOOT New Director’s Showcase offers directors a platform to be championed. It was incredible to be awarded the opportunity to stand-out amongst my talented colleagues and participate as a fresh new visionary within the industry. I’ve could have never imagined the doors that the showcase would open and am forever grateful to have SHOOT in my corner as my career continues to flourish."
Kiran Koshy, 2017 New Director "The SHOOT New Directors Showcase is an essential curatorial filter in the very saturated world of aspiring directors, and a sign that you’re not a hack headed in the wrong direction. Being a part of it changed my life, and validated all my efforts. I received the email about my inclusion on my birthday, prompting me to throw caution to the wind and eat another slice of cake."
Jendra Jarnagin, 2017 New Director, Floating Camera, "As a cinematographer for the past 20 years, I have attended the SHOOT NDS as one of my favorite industry events every year, and have had several projects I shot be featured in the showcase over the years. So to be selected and take the stage at the DGA as a New Director was a dream come true. It was great exposure that has garnered a lot of interest in me and where my career is headed, and opened the door to new relationships with several new production companies."
Michael Fiore, 2016 New Director, Michael Fiore Films "The SHOOT New Directors Showcase celebrates the on-going evolution in visual storytelling, in both the short and long forms. I can't think of any other event where a curated selection of top commercials, documentaries, and narrative movies from around the world collide on the big screen. To have one's work selected for the DGA-staged event is a major stamp of approval. Directors are introduced to top commercial reps and agencies, among other production entities. To have been selected as a New Director for my work on "Floyd Norman: An Animated Life" was an absolute honor that also injected the documentary with early PR buzz."
Sonejuhi Sinha, 2016 New Director "The SHOOT New Directors Showcase offers so much more than just validation of directorial talent. It was great exposure to showcase our work. The work is so inspiring, and so diverse. I loved meeting the various directors in the showcase. I can't think of another showcase reel that can match its broad range in subject matter, style, approach and tone."
Joe Pernice, 2015 New Director "SHOOT has created an amazing platform to showcase the work of some of the world's most talented emerging directors and it was an honor to be included in SHOOT'S 2015 New Director's Showcase. As an up and coming director, working both in commercial and features, SHOOT provided me with an extraordinary opportunity to share my work with leading industry professionals. This opportunity extended from an amazing night hosted at the DGA theater to continued press after the event. I am honored to be named one of SHOOT's New Directors as it is a title that does not get overlooked by the industry."
Erin Li, 2015 New Director "Having previously directed independent films, the SHOOT New Directors Showcase provided a rare opportunity to introduce my work to key players in the commercial world. SHOOT’s stamp of approval helped me to connect with production companies, agencies, and directors reps, and I’m excited to say that I’ve since been hired for several directing assignments.”
Aaron Kodz, 2014 New Director "The SHOOT New Directors Showcase was a phenomenal opportunity, and has been a huge force in launching my career. It opened doors to me with some of the best production houses, agencies, and creatives in the industry, and did an amazing job of bringing all these people together under one roof. The panel speakers were amazing, giving their insight into the rapidly changing nature of the advertising and entertainment world. It's a refreshing, inspiring look into the next wave of filmmakers that I'm honored to be a part of."
Michele Atkins, 2013 New Director, Kaboom Productions "SHOOT Magazine provided me with a fabulous platform in the New Directors Showcase to show my work. The event itself had inspiring speakers with wonderful insight on their particular expertise in the filmmaking world. It's a terrific way to meet a significant amount of talented people all under one roof who give their time in a thoughtful manner."
Martin Rodahl, 2012 New Director, 71 Degrees North "The SHOOT New Directors Showcase offers so much more than just validation of directorial talent. I met some incredible industry professionals...the whole place is buzzing, the work is so inspiring, and you walk away feeling like a major milestone has been reached. What surprised me the most was the variety of directors--male, female, international, American, young, and old. The same goes for the work. I can't think of another showcase reel that can match its broad range in cinematography, subject matter, and tone."
Elizabeth Orne, 2011 New Director, Freelance "Being included in the SHOOT New Director Showcase was absolutely brilliant for me, as it tempted the smart people I did not know, but desperately wanted to see my film, into watching it! As a result, I met many of the owners and execs of the production companies I admire."
Varda Bar-kar, 2010 New Director "It was quite an honor to be selected to participate in the 2010 SHOOT New Directors Showcase. I am especially humbled to join the ranks of the super creative and innovative directors with whom I share this special honor. Being selected for the showcase affirmed for me the value of my determined effort to create work that's not just "good enough", but better than anyone imagined. Thanks for the shot in the arm, SHOOT!"
Kevin Kerwin, 2009 New Director, Authentic Films "Being included in SHOOT's New Directors Showcase is one of those great touchstones. Besides the breadth of industry exposure only SHOOT can provide, it provides a very real increase in offers for work as well as the validation that you're doing something right. I will always count it as a big moment in my career."
Harold Einstein, 2008 New Director, Dummy "There are many wonderful phone calls one can receive in life. But I have to say, few feel as good as, 'Hello, you've just been included in SHOOT's New Directors Showcase.' Like the chicken and the egg, I'm still not sure which came first: getting to direct good scripts or getting into SHOOT's New Directors Showcase."
Jason & Matt Docter, 2008 New Directors, DOCTER TWINS As directors, we are continually inspired by the imagination of our peers. SHOOT Magazine does a fantastic job of filling our brains with the most exciting, creative ideas of the day and it's New Director's Showcase is no exception. We were thrilled and honored to be included in such a highly talented event. It was almost like telling our Grandmother we had won an Academy Award... or two."
Nir Bashan, 2007 New Director "I have read SHOOT magazine for many years, and being included in the 2007 New Director's Showcase was truly an honor. SHOOT consistently has an eye out on fresh and exciting new talent, and this showcase does not disappoint. It is one of the finest new talent presentations in our business."
Harry Cocciolo, 2005 New Director, Bob Industries "It's always invigorating to see new work and exchange ideas. The showcase is an ideal opportunity for new directors, industry leaders and agency producers to come together for the first time."
Enter at http://enterNDS.SHOOTonline.com January 2-June 30, 2020 Midnight ET.
Do you -- or someone you know -- have what it takes to be the next hot New Director?
Directors selected for the Showcase typically come from diverse backgrounds. Some first established themselves on the agency side of the business, while others were DPs, feature filmmakers or film students. One bond the directors share is great style and vision, whether it be reflected in comedy, visuals or storytelling. Directors, their representatives, and even friends can submit work for directors if the submitted work was completed during the 15 month qualification period (January 2018-March 2019) and meets all other entry criteria as outlined on the submission form. Excerpts from shorts, long form film or other entertainment fare must be NO MORE than 5 minutes in length. IMPORTANT: To be eligible to enter, directors must be directing professionally less than three years. The Entry Deadline is June 30, 2020 Midnight EDT. Entry fee is $95.00 for first piece of work, $40.00 each additional. You may enter online and upload your entries -OR- print out mail-in entry form and submit via mail with DVD. (Note: To access the online entry form, the person filling out form will need to register on SHOOTonline.com for free. Payment to be made via credit card on the form.) Click Here for NDS Entrants & Submissions FAQs
Become a sponsor of the 2020 SHOOT Directors/Producers Forum & 18th Annual New Directors Showcase Event
Sponsors receive enormous promotion value prior to, during and for a full year after the event in print ads, online promotion, invitations, press releases, programs, signage & on screen credits at the DGA Theater, articles and the New Directors Showcase web reel.
- 2019 Event Sponsors Directors Guild of America, charlieuniformtango, Frankfurt Kurnit, Gartner, McCann Worldgroup, The-Artery, The Devil You Know
- 2018 Event sponsors Directors Guild of America, charlieuniformtango, Frankfurt Kurnit, McCann Worldgroup, Jordan Brady's Commercial Directing Bootcamp, The Mill, Superlounge
- 2017 Event Sponsors Directors Guild of America, Company 3, Madison + Vine, Frankfurt Kurnit, YouTube Red, brother, Company Films, Montana Film Office and MediaVision
- 2016 Event Sponsors Directors Guild of America, harvest films, Company 3, Gartner, The Devil You Know, Frankfurt Kurnit and the Palace Production Center
- Other Past Sponsors Anonymous Content, Argyle Bros., ARRI, Backyard Productions, Biscuit Filmworks, Crossroads, CT Film Office, Deluxe Entertainment Services, Eastman Kodak, FilmUS Virgin Islands, Form, Getty Images, Hungry Man, Light Iron, Method Studios, Moxie Pictures, Nevada Film Office, OneatOptimus, RSA Films, Sony, T3Media, Tool of NA, West VA Film Office.
About The SHOOT New Director Search & Showcase Event
To discover and showcase the next generation of filmmaking talent, each year for the past 18 years, SHOOT conducts a worldwide search to discover the best up-and-coming directors who, based on their initial work, show promise to soon make major positive contributions to advertising and/or entertainment in its traditional and emerging forms.
The search is conducted by SHOOT's editorial staff with input from agency & studio creative directors & heads of production, as well as production company heads and established directors. This year's search entry(s) can be in any of three categories of motion pictures directing. Criteria for entry is directing any type of advertising or entertainment content professionally less than 3 years.
Categories of entry include:
- Traditional Broadcast: TV Spots, spec work, cinema ads, branded content, music videos, trailers, broadcast promos
- Alternative media content: webisodes, spots created for online, mobile phone content, in-game advertising, advergaming, virals, alternative reality gaming, ads created for PDAs
- Film/TV Entertainment: Feature films, independent films, short films, TV programs.
For more information about the SHOOT Annual New Directors search and official Submission Form, please visit: https://enterNDS.SHOOTonline.com. The 2020 18th Annual SHOOT New Directors Search is being conducted through June 30, 2020 Midnight ET.
Debut Screening of the 2020 New Directors Showcase Reel
The recognized Showcase work spans varied disciplines from TV commercials to shorts, music videos, spec spots, excerpts from feature films, cinema ads, branded entertainment and webisode fare. It’s a body of work that like in past Showcase years figures to make an impact on the advertising and entertainment marketplaces. To view last year's NDS reel visit https://nds.SHOOTonline.com
Meet the New Directors Panel
An annual tradition, we ask all the new directors from the Showcase in attendance at the SHOOT NDS Event to individually stand and then have several of the new directors and two industry pros join us on stage. We hear from the directors about their work and goals and hear from the industry pros about working with directors and the opportunities and challenges for new directors today.
Here's a look at just some of the companies who attended last year's showcase event at the DGA in New York City including titles such as CEOs, vice presidents, broadcast & content managers, network executive and agency producers, creative directors, entrepreners, directors, editors, VFX artists, music editors, copywriters, actors, and other motion picture industry managers & talents.
SHOOT® is the leading platform for motion picture production & post - movie, TV, and commercial - decision-makers including executives and artisans at production/post/editorial/visual effects & animation/music & sound companies, agencies, brands, TV/cable/online networks, movie studios and independent filmmakers. Covering news, great work, trends, creative techniques, applications and leading & emerging talent as well as all major guild, entertainment and ad industry award shows, film festivals and industry events. SHOOT provides timely and relevant information including behind-the-scenes looks at the best new work and the talented people, companies, and creative tools behind the work. SHOOT reports on the latest cinematography, post & editing technology and equipment. If the work involves advertising or entertainment content that consumers view on a screen--TV screen, Cinema screen, Computer screen, Mobile screen or Game screen, SHOOT is searching out who's doing the most innovative work and what's coming next. SHOOT provides insights from established filmmaking talent as well as giving its readers a heads-up on the up-and-comers. For over 59 years SHOOT has been providing historical context and a mix of perspectives, showing where the industry has been in order to get a better handle on where it is and in what directions it is headed. SHOOT provides an informed big-picture take on the business and the creative sides of advertising and entertainment while showcasing the best work--both prominent and obscure--and getting into the hearts, minds and creative spirit of the industry's best and brightest executives and artisans in the client, agency creative, entertainment, production, post and music sectors.
Information from this SHOOT Publicity Wire release may be redistributed in part or in whole by members of the media, bloggers, and cinema, TV, entertainment, film, commercial, online video production and post, celebrity fan sites.
©2020 DCA Business Media LLC All rights reserved. SHOOT® and SHOOTonline® are registered trademarks of DCA Business Media LLC. All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.