- Tuesday, Oct. 25, 2016
Association of Film Commissioners International (AFCI) today announced the election of the following seven film commission professionals from around the globe to its Board of Directors:
- Tim Clark, Film Commissioner, Buffalo Niagara Film Commission (US)
- Jess Conoplia, Sr. Vice President – US Production & Events, British Film Commission (UK)
- Sigmund Elias Holm, Film Commissioner, Western Norway Film Commission (NO)
- Nick Maniatis, Director, New Mexico State Film Office (US)
- Heather Page, Director, Texas Film Commission (US)
- Virginia Pearce, Director, Utah Film Commission (US)
- Dr. Marijana Stoisits, CEO, Vienna Film Commission (AT)
The newly elected Board of Director members will each serve two-year terms beginning, January 1, 2017. They join current board members with one year remaining in their respective terms: Jeanne Corcoran, Sarasota County Film & Entertainment Office (US); Pamela Haynes, West Virginia Film Office (US); Kevin Jennings, Film Otago Southland (NZ); and Karen Carberry-Warhola, Maine Film Office (US).
“Our organization is privileged to have dedicated members within AFCI that have chosen to share their time, resources and knowledge to help guide the strategic direction of the AFCI,” said Kevin Jennings, AFCI Chairman.
The newly assembled AFCI Board of Directors will converge in Los Angeles, January 16-17, 2017 to elect its first and second Vice Presidents, Secretary and to review the strategic plan and the AFCI agenda for the year.
The AFCI is the leading resource on the planet for location shooting; its members represent the best of the best in trained and knowledgeable film commission professionals around the world.
About the AFCI
Founded in 1975, the Association of Film Commissioners International (AFCI) is the official professional organization for film commissioners who assist film, television and video production across the globe. AFCI represents more than 300 film commission members in 45 countries on six continents. It is the industry’s leading resource for location shooting. AFCI.org.