- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- Trending Now
- My Membership
AMP Awards Announces 2019 Curatorial Committee
- Wednesday, Mar. 27, 2019
Expert panel drawn from agencies, music publishers, media brands and advertisers will review judging results, evaluate category winners and select “Best in Show.”
The AMP Awards for Music & Sound has released the lineup for its 2019 Curatorial Committee. Selected by members of the AMP Awards Committee in consultation with AMP Awards Show Chair Katy Hornaday, EVP and Executive Creative Director at the independent agency Barkley, the panel will review all category finalists and choose the competition’s coveted Best in Show winner.
In addition to announcing its curatorial roster, the AMP Awards is also now accepting ticket orders for its May 21st awards show at Sony Hall in New York, which promises to be a sell-out.
Comprised of top ad agency creatives and producers, post production artists and executives from music companies, record label and music publishers, the Curatorial Committee includes the following:
- Morgan Taylor Bradley, Editor, Cutters
- Amanda Butts, Group Creative Director, Leo Burnett
- Liz Cartwright, Creative Director, TBWA\Chiat\Day, L.A.
- Karen Goodman, Group Creative Director, Havas, Chicago
- Keith D'Arcy, SVP, Commercial Sync, Kobalt Music
- Stephanie Diaz-Matos, Music Supervisor, Bonfire Collective
- Marianna Dutra, VP/Creative Director, Publicis, New York
- Paul Greco, Executive Director of Music & Audio, Wunderman Thompson, New York
- Cyndi Goretski, VP Branding & Advertising, Warner Music Group
- Tom Eaton, SVP of Music for Advertising, Universal Music Publishing
- Melany Esfeld, Head of Production, Barkley
- Claude Mitchell, Senior Music Director, ESPN
- Alex Moulton, Chief Creative Officer, Trollbäck + Company
- Halle Petro, Executive Creative Producer, Sonic Union
- Nick Sonderup, Creative Director, Pereira & O’Dell, New York
- Maggie Wasserman, Executive Producer, Garmin International
“Once again we’ve assembled a Curatorial Committee that reflects an impressive cross-section of our industry,” says AMP President Elad Marish, Partner at Swell Music + Sound in San Francisco. “Its members are all experts at putting music and sound to picture to create something larger than the sum of its parts. With their guidance, our competition will single out the strongest entry in each category, and ensure that those doing the best work get their moment in the sun.”
Adds Hornaday, “I’m looking forward to our discussions about the work, and hearing the diverse perspectives from all the different areas of the music business that are represented. I’ve judged a lot of awards shows, but this is the first time I’ll be presiding over a panel that includes people from music labels and publishing companies, as well as agency creatives and producers. I’m eager to tap into everyone’s insights as we search for that one entry destined to be the Best in Show.”
The only juried, non-profit competition dedicated to honoring achievements in music and sound in all media, the AMP Awards are sponsored by the Association of Music Producers. AMP Awards trophies, and their accompanying everlasting fame, will be presented at a gala awards bash set for Tuesday, May 21, 2019, at Sony Hall in New York.
Among the highlights of the night will be the presentation of the AMP Hall of Fame trophy, bestowed upon an innovative marketer in recognition of its continued use of music and sound in building strong consumer engagement. The event also includes live performances from up-and-coming artists, hence known as being “the loudest show in the ad industry.”
The Association of Music Producers was founded in 1997 for the purpose of educating its members, as well as the production, advertising and media communities, on all facets of music production, from creation to final use. A national organization, it has chapters in New York and Los Angeles and member representation in cities across the country. From business matters such as production guidelines, composer royalties and music rights agreements to educational seminars, fund-raising events and the industry’s most respected celebration of excellence – The AMP Awards – AMP has turned up the volume on the things that matter most.
Neal Lattner at AICP at email@example.com
Contact for AMP Awards Sponsorship Info