- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- PDF Back Issues
- Trending Now
- My Membership
Avid Unveils Latest Innovations for Media and Entertainment at Connect 2019 and the NAB Show
- Monday, Apr. 8, 2019
Avid introduces creative tools, SaaS cloud storage, and graphics solutions, and showcases Oscar and Emmy winning customer and user talent on its NAB Show main stage
LAS VEGAS (NAB South Upper Hall - 801)
Avid® (Nasdaq: AVID) today unveiled a range of bold new product offerings to propel creativity and collaboration for media enterprises, teams and individuals. Breakthrough innovations like the new reimagined Avid Media Composer® 2019 video editing software and Avid NEXIS® | Cloudspaces SaaS cloud storage solution, are being featured in Avid’s NAB Show booth (South Upper Hall – 801), April 8-11.
Avid also revealed the anticipated line-up for its Avid Main Stage presentations, the perennial favorite series for NAB Show attendees looking to learn from the masters of media creation, this year featuring video and audio experts behind Captain Marvel, Bohemian Rhapsody, The Orville, Venom, and Westworld. Throughout the NAB Show, Avid’s thought leaders will deliver conference sessions on topics including cloud newsrooms, post production collaboration and asset management.
“The needs of the media and entertainment industry are constantly evolving, which is why Avid continuously rethinks and reinvents our products and solutions so that our customers can continue to create compelling content as well as disrupt the industry with their innovations,” said Jeff Rosica, CEO and President at Avid. “Our latest innovations deliver the creativity, agility and operational efficiency required in today’s increasingly competitive media landscape, helping enterprises, teams and individuals to maximize the value of their content and expand into new markets.”
Media Composer® 2019
Media Composer 2019 is everything that aspiring and professional editors, freelancers and journalists know and love about the Emmy®, Oscar® and Eddie winning tool that defined the nonlinear editing category—reimagined for more. With Media Composer 2019, media makers have:
- The ability to work at the speed of creativity with a new user experience,
- More power at their fingertips with the next generation Avid Media Engine and distributed processing,
- The ability to finish and deliver without ever leaving Media Composer, and
- A customizable, role-based user interface for large teams.
Media Composer 2019 will be available in late spring. Read the full press release in the Avidnewsroom.
Pro Tools® 2019
From delivering 50 percent more voices in Pro Tools | Ultimate software and double the MIDI track maximum, to more fluid track interactions during playback, Pro Tools 2019 extends power and performance to enable users to work more creatively and faster on the most complex projects. With the ability to freely experiment with effects, presets, and more during playback, Pro Tools 2019 enables users to act on their creative impulses in the moment and build on their momentum. Pro Tools 2019 will be available in the second quarter of 2019.
Sibelius 2019 delivers more creative ways to compose, elevate score playback quality, boost music writing efficiency and accuracy, and enhance the review and approval process. Along with the ability to share scores in the cloud and host them online, as well as industry-leading capabilities for creating print-perfect, professional scores, Sibelius 2019 enables users to boost their creativity and do more—and do it better—in less time.
Avid NEXIS® | Cloudspaces
Avid’s new NEXIS | Cloudspaces provides a simple way for post production, broadcast and sports teams to safely and securely park projects and sync onsite Avid NEXIS workspaces to the cloud for easy offsite backup by bringing the power of the cloud to Avid NEXIS. Making backup easy by auto-provisioning cloud resources, NEXIS | Cloudspaces scales as your needs change. All existing and new Avid NEXIS systems will come with a limited time offer of 2 terabytes of cloud storage, enabling users to try out the service for free. Read the full press release in the Avid newsroom.
MediaCentral® | Editorial Management 2019
Editorial Management 2019 is an Asset Management platform for post production that can be accessed by any role, from anywhere. Users can quickly find, edit and share media from any location, making it easier to manage media, prepare projects and keep everyone in sync. Available in May 2019, the new features in Editorial Management 2019 will enable users to prepare and edit simple sequences, assemble and create group clips to prep multicam shots for Media Composer editors, and use Avid | AI with a new integrated Phonetic Option. Additionally, it is integrated with Avid | FastServe® video servers to edit while capturing 23.98fps and multi-camera footage, enabling live studio productions to work faster in real-time.
MediaCentral 2019 and Maestro™ Graphics Integration
Avid MediaCentral is now integrated with Maestro Graphics, providing a complete end-to-end graphics creation and delivery workflow for news, sports, post, and studio production teams. With full Maestro graphics capabilities integrated seamlessly into the MediaCentral ecosystem, anyone can add 2D or 3D graphics to any edit or rundown with the ability to search for and find graphics templates, add custom text, and then overlay on any content from any device. Avid has now integrated the full Maestro graphics line of products with MediaCentral allowing users to leverage video assets in graphics creation and graphics templates from anywhere on the network.
Pro Tools | MTRX DigiLink Option Card
The new Pro Tools │ MTRX DigiLink Option Card adds 64 channels of DigiLink I/O per card, enabling multi-HDX and multi-workstation systems to connect to a single Pro Tools | MTRX interface. The MTRX DigiLink option card will be available in the second quarter of 2019.
Avid Mainstage Brings Award-Winning Editors and Mixers to the NAB Show
(South Upper Hall – Booth 801)
Pro video presentations
- Bohemian Rhapsody – with Oscar-winning editor John Ottman, Monday, April 8 at 12 pm and 4 pm and Tuesday, April 9 at 10 am and 2 pm
- Captain Marvel – with Saturn Award-nominated editor Debbie Berman, Tuesday, April 9 at 12 pm and 4 pm and Wednesday, April 10 at 11 am and 2 pm
- The Orville – with Tom Costantino, ACE, editor and associate producer and Hillary Wells, assistant editor, Wednesday, April 10 at 10 am and 3 pm
Pro audio presentations
- Bohemian Rhapsody – with Oscar-winning dialogue/ADR editor Nina Hartstone, Oscar-winning re-recording mixer Paul Massey, and Oscar-winning music editor John Warhurst, Monday, April 8 at 1 pm and 5 pm and Tuesday, April 9 at 11 am and 3 pm
- Venom – with MPSE Gold Reel-winning re-recording mixer and sound editor Will Files, Monday, April 8 at 11 am and 3 pm
- Mixing for TV – with Emmy-winning re-recording mixer Scott Weber (Westworld, Person of Interest, Lost), Wednesday, April 10 at 12 pm and 4 pm
Watch all of the post-session interviews on-demand with Avid’s customer talent on Avid Link, the free mobile and desktop app for creatives to interact, promote their work, and manage their tools and subscriptions. Sign up at avid.com/products/avid-link.
Avid educates at NAB 2019
Avid executives will share their insights on key industry trends and developments at a series of conferences, including:
- Craig Dwyer, Senior Director, Global Strategic Solutions and Presales, will moderate a panel on Collaboration Station: Market Leaders Unite for Breakthrough Newsroom in the Cloud featuring speakers from Al Jazeera, Make.TV and Dejero on Monday, April 8 at 2-2:30 pm in room SL8224.
- Tim Claman, CTO and Vice President of Software Engineering will join So Vang, NAB’s Vice President, Advanced Technology for a session on A Simplified Approach to Asset Management to Power Fast, Efficient and Collaborative Post-Production Workflows on Thursday, April 11 at 10:40-11 am in room N260.
- Ray Thompson, Avid Director of Broadcast and Media Solutions, will be participating in the future of the media data center panel hosted by CISCO at the Connected Media I IP Theatre on Wednesday, April 10 at 11 am-12 pm in the CISCO booth
Avid delivers the most open and efficient media platform, connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution, and consumption. Avid’s preeminent customer community uses Avid’s comprehensive tools and workflow solutions to create, distribute and monetize the most watched, loved and listened to media in the world—from prestigious and award-winning feature films to popular television shows, news programs and televised sporting events, and celebrated music recordings and live concerts. With the most flexible deployment and pricing options, Avid’s industry-leading solutions include Media Composer®, Pro Tools®, Avid NEXIS®, MediaCentral®, iNEWS®, AirSpeed®, Sibelius®, Avid VENUE™, FastServe®, Maestro™, and PlayMaker™. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com.