- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- Trending Now
- My Membership
Boris FX Offers Extraordinary Visual Effects Tools For Up To 50% Off During Its 2020 Black Friday Sale
- Wednesday, Nov. 25, 2020
Powerful plugins and standalone software apps give content creators the most transformative digital tools for expanding their creative vision.
Boris FX, a leading developer of digital visual effects and editing tools for filmmakers, videographers, and photographers, is selling its powerful apps at dramatic discounts during its Boris FX Black Friday Sale. Products include several must-have post-production video apps and plugins — Sapphire, Mocha Pro, Continuum, Silhouette, Silhouette Paint, and Optics. Artists can save by purchasing the products with the following options:
- 50% off new perpetual licenses for product bundles (node-locked only)
- 25% off everything else, including the Boris FX Suite, monthly subscriptions, annual subscriptions, U.S. renewals, node-locked individual products, units, and more (node-locked only)
- Limited to one product purchase per customer
- Monthly subscriptions are discounted for the first month only. Renews at list price.
The Boris FX Black Friday Sale ends Friday, November 27, 2020, at midnight EST.
Boris FX Plugins & Standalone Apps: Designed for Creative Post-Production
The latest updates represent the company's commitment to providing content creators with expansive, versatile, and affordable digital tools to help streamline workflows and broaden creative visions:
- Sapphire 2021: Sapphire 2021 is a significant technical step forward thanks to the introduction of Metal GPU-acceleration. Artists working on Mac systems (2014-present) can now produce stunning high-end visual effects that render much more quickly. New creative effects include S_UltraGlow and S_UltraZap, presets, and lens flares. The functionality of the Sapphire Lens Flare Designer has been updated and more than 60 Sapphire effects have been rewritten to take advantage of Apple’s proprietary GPU language Metal. (Released November 2020)
- Mocha Pro 2021: Mocha Pro 2021 added a very versatile new PowerMesh feature to its already robust tracking and rotoscoping feature set. What makes PowerMesh so important is that it now includes a new sub-planar tracking engine for more effective VFX, roto, and stabilization. PowerMesh allows users to solve difficult warped surface tracking with unparalleled accuracy on organic moving objects such as musculature, skin, and fabrics. Other new features include Alembic exports and a revamped AdjustTrack module. Power users will also like Mocha Pro’s updated under-the-hood features that increase performance while maintaining stability. (Released November 2020)
- Continuum 2021: Continuum 2021, the industry’s largest plugin collection, added 80 new HDR-compliant cinematic effects and over 1000 stunning drag-and-drop presets. Many post-production artists also appreciated that the update lets users add 3D and turbulence effects to projects via the Particle Illusion 2021 plugin. The update introduces new Edge Cleaner controls to the Primatte Studio filter for even cleaner compositing results when working with green screen footage. Plus, Title Studio has improved integration with Maxon C4D software for more accurate renders. (Released October 2020)
- Optics 2021: Boris FX introduced the new Optics plugin in the summer of 2020. The digital photography plugin targets creative pros looking for a fun and inventive tool for editing, enhancing, and transforming photos. (Optics is available as a plugin for Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom or as a standalone app on macOS and Windows.) Optics features over 150 filters and thousands of presets designed by VFX industry veterans to correct, enhance, and stylize images. It also comes with 75 handpicked filters from Sapphire’s high-end VFX suite such as lens flares, glows, and lighting effects. (Released July 2020)
- Silhouette 2020.5: The Academy and Emmy Award-winning toolkit used on many Hollywood productions (such as The Mandalorian and Avengers: Endgame) features a robust toolset to tackle advanced rotoscoping and effects tasks. The standalone application includes non-destructive paint, tracking, and compositing tools, easy-to-use magnetic spline tools, and a paint detail-separation workflow. The Silhouette 2020.5 release also comes with the Silhouette Paint plugin for Adobe and OFX hosts. Silhouette 2020.5 is an essential tool for professional visual effects workflows. (Released April 2020)