- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- Trending Now
- My Membership
Colorist Society To Host Virtual Colorist Mixer This Weekend from NAB Show in Las Vegas
- Monday, Apr. 25, 2022
Just in time for NAB Show, the Colorist Society’s popular Virtual Colorist Mixer is coming back. For those unable to be in Las Vegas (and those who will), the Mixer is an unprecedented opportunity learn about the latest color grading technology, learn new techniques from industry experts, win fabulous prizes and hang out with friends and colleagues around the globe. The Virtual Colorist Mixer will be held this weekend, April 30th, beginning with an informal chat hour at 9:00 a.m. Vegas time (PDT – UTC-7), followed by sessions from 10am-4pm.
Expert presenters will cover color grading techniques, industry careers, monitor displays, show looks, technology and news from the NAB show floor. The event will also include The Big Interview, a conversation between industry titans Sheri Eisenberg and Doug Delaney, and climax with The Big Quiz and a Mixing Hour, a chance to socialize in breakout rooms. Tickets cost just $10. Show sponsors include Dell, Dolby, EIZO, Film Convert, fxphd, LG, Lowepost, Maxon, and Ravengrade.
Colorist Society held the first Colorist Mixer in 2013 for professionals around the world connected to the color grading industry. It provided a unique opportunity to meet, network and discuss work in a relaxed environment. Colorists were able to catch up with old friends and meet new ones. It was also a chance for direct communication between manufacturers and users.
When the pandemic made it impossible for CSI to host its annual in-person Mixer in 2020, the organization staged its first virtual event that December. It proved such a huge success that CSI followed it with four more Virtual Mixers in 2021.
“While COVID-19 means we still must meet virtually, this format offers great advantages,” says CSI president Kevin Shaw. “The lack of travel or hotel expenses or limitations on space means the Mixer is now available to everybody.”
Tickets are still available, although places are limited: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/virtually-vegas-colorist-mixer-22-by-csi-icolorist-ica-tickets-319538978687
- WARM UP HOUR: Socialising, Best Color Cocktail Challenge
- FAST TIPS & TRICKS: Blake Jones, Warren Eagles, Kevin Shaw, Maximus Raharjo, Jeff Greenberg, Juan Cabrera. Sponsored by Maxon.
- TECHNOLOGY OF TOMORROW: Sponsored by Dell.
- COOL SHOW LOOKS: Lynette Duensing, Dado Valentic. Sponsored by Dolby.
- NOVEDADES DE LA NAB (en español): Diego Yhama, Javier Guevara, Esther Rivas
- THE FUTURE OF COLORISTS: Colorist Society Hollywood. Sponsored by Lowepost and Ravengrade.
- MIXING HOUR: Socialising, breakout rooms (including Spanish-language rooms), Best Color Cocktail Challenge. Sponsored by Adobe.
- WHAT MONITOR SHOULD I BUY? Zeb Chadfield, Gino Amadori, Warren Eagles and Kevin Shaw. Sponsored by LG.
- NAB REPORT: Darren Mostyn, Diego Yhama and Jeff Greenberg. Sponsored by EIZO
- THE BIG INTERVIEW: Sheri Eisenberg and Doug Delaney. Sponsored by FilmConvert.
- THE BIG QUIZ. Win big prizes. Sponsored by fxphd.
- MIXING HOUR: Socialising, breakout rooms (including Spanish-language rooms)
PLEASE NOTE: this event will be recorded. By joining you are consenting to be recorded.
Colorist Mixer is a Colorist Society International (CSI) event. CSI is primarily funding this event, with support from sponsors. CSI is a not-for-profit organization set up for the benefit of the colorist community. Membership is open to professional colorists, editor/colorists, DITs, telecine operators, color timers, finishers, restoration artists, and color scientists. Find out more at ColoristSociety.com .
Contact us: For all Colorist Mixer-related inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- SEE TALKS FROM DEC 20 MIXER >
- SEE TALKS FROM APR 21 MIXER >
- SEE TALKS FROM JUL 21 MIXER >
- SEE TALKS FROM DEC 21 MIXER >
About the Colorist Society
Colorist Society (CSI) is the first professional society devoted exclusively to furthering and honoring the professional achievements of colorists. It is an educational and cultural resource to the colorist community, the entertainment industry and the public. Membership is open to professional colorists, DITs, telecine operators, color timers, finishers, restoration artists and color scientists. CSI hosts regular meetings as chapters worldwide. It also is a regular participant in industry trade shows and other events. The organization is currently planning an awards competition to honor outstanding achievement to the art and science of color grading.