- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- PDF Back Issues
- Trending Now
- My Membership
Dominic Houston, Head of Music Team at Netflix, Will Be Business Keynote Speaker During the Fifth Annual Production Music Conference
- Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2018
The 2018 PMC Event will Take Place September 26-28 at the Hollywood Loews Hotel
The Production Music Association (PMA,) the leading advocacy group for the $1-billion a year global production music industry, has announced that Dominic Houston, Head of the Music Team at Netflix, will be the business keynote speaker during its 5th annual Production Music Conference, to be held September 26-28 at the Loews Hotel in Hollywood, CA. Houston will speak on September 28 at 2 pm.
As previously announced, renowned film composer Tyler Bates (“Deadpool 2,” “Guardians of the Galaxy,” “John Wick”), will be the creative keynote speaker for this year’s Production Music Conference. Bates will be interviewed by leading film and TV music journalist Jon Burlingame on September 27th at 10:45 am.
During his keynote talk, Dominic Houston, who is based in London and is also a frequent visitor to Los Angeles, will discuss how production music is incorporated into over-the-top (OTT) content, the latest music industry trends and their relationship to production music, and other related music topics.
“Dominic will be a fantastic keynote speaker for our attendees,” said Adam Taylor, Chairman of The Production Music Association. “Netflix has been re-defining the world’s entertainment industry paradigm and the Netflix Music Team is spearheading and innovating every conceivable element of securing music for series, specials and movies, on a global scale. We are delighted Dominic has agreed to appear during this year’s conference.”
About DOMINIC HOUSTON
Dominic Houston heads up the Music Team at Netflix. The team, which is 25 strong, has global responsibility for all music strategy and music related business and legal affairs matters at Netflix. This encompasses Netflix's studio business producing Netflix Originals, managing Netflix's relationships with collective management organizations, data & technology projects around music, and the administration of Netflix's music rights.
In this role, Houston is responsible for setting strategy & the overall music budget within Netflix, negotiating contracts with key partners, and leading music/CMO related public policy initiatives in the EU and the US. Prior to Netflix, he has had a variety of legal & business roles in digital media and technology businesses, including: Omnifone; last.fm/CBS Interactive; AOL Europe; MTV Europe; and in the (very) distant past, he managed a record and publishing company.
In addition, The PMA has also announced the schedule for its 2018 conference. Among the highlight sessions:
- Women in Production Music: Styles, Strategies and Survival - with Christy Carew, Cassie Lord, Karen Falzone, Mamie Coleman and Alicen Schneider
- Composer All-Stars: How to Score Big in Production Music – with Dan Brown, Jr., Brad Segal, Jason Moss, Lindsay Tomasic, Devin Powers, and Robert Anthony Navarro
- Battle of the Music Directors - with Alan Lazar, Maggie Phillips, Jason Market, Ieva Berberian, Mark Rome and Belinda Robles
- Interview with John Josephson with SESAC – hosted by Joel Goodman
- Interview with Sam Trust, the PMA’s 2018 Mark Awards Hall of Fame recipient - hosted by Randy Wachtler.
- Production Music in Asia – with Jonny Thompson, Ludan Bone, Andrew Jones, Ron Mendelsohn and Jae Kim
- The State of Audio Recognition and Monitoring Technology: What Every Publisher and Composer Should Know - with Adam Taylor, Hunter Williams, Iñigo Ugarteburu, Paul Sims and Shane Sanders.
- AI Generated Music: How will this Impact Music Creators and Publishers? – with Andrew Gross, Drew Silverstein and Mick Kiely
- International Sub-Publisher Meeting
- Metadata Matters - a workshop hosted by Marina Garza and Dan Korobkin
- Advertising Music: How to Compete, Survive and Thrive - with David Grow, Randy Wachtler, Celestina Lucero and Sam Walsh
To view this year’s entire schedule, please visit: http://pmc.pmamusic.com/schedule/
Finally, the Fourth Annual Mark Awards, honoring excellence within the production music industry, will be held on the evening of September 26th. More information about the Mark Awards can be found at http://www.pmamusic.com/mark-awards
About THE PRODUCTION MUSIC CONFERENCE
The PMA’s Production Music Conference (PMC) will be back for its fifth year, from September 26th through 28th, 2018, in Hollywood, CA. During the three day event, production music industry leaders from around the world will join forces for a series of panels, learning, and networking. The PMC mission is to provide valuable information and share best practices in a positive and inspired forum to attendees involved in ALL aspects of production music. The three day event is an absolute “must attend” for anyone working within the production music arena. Please see: http://pmc.pmamusic.com/
About THE PRODUCTION MUSIC ASSOCIATION
Founded in 1997, the Production Music Association (PMA) is the leading advocacy group of the production music community. A non-profit organization with over 60 member companies representing over 500 music libraries around the world, plus composers and industry professionals, the mission of the PMA is to elevate the unique value of production music and to ensure the long term viability of the production music industry. For more information about the PMA, please visit: http://pmamusic.com