- Thursday, Jul. 14, 2016
Berlin-based Edenspiekermann, one of Europe’s most renowned creative design and branding agencies, has opened its first U.S. headquarters, based in Santa Monica, CA.
The new office will be led by Edenspiekermann Creative Director Paul Woods and Business Director Christian Titze. The office will specialize in entertainment and publishing platforms, as well as branding and digital capabilities.
Founded by multi-award winning typographer Erik Spiekermann in 2009, the Edenspiekermann agency specializes in building brands, digital products and campaigns for such major clients as Red Bull, Mozilla, Autodesk and The Economist, to name just some.
Regarding his company’s U.S. headquarters launch, Erik Spiekermann said, “Our offices around the world employ people from 19 nations. A physical presence in every relevant market still makes a lot of sense for us, because sitting across the table from our clients and colleagues cannot be trumped by any amount of Skyping, e-mailing or tweeting. That is why we’ve added Los Angeles to our roster of locations. There, we have the potential to work on great projects and hire great designers, all within a great new space. And did I mention the weather?”
Woods and Titze said, “As a creative agency specializing in creating digital publishing and entertainment platforms, Los Angeles is the perfect location for the Edenspiekermann U.S. headquarters. We see this office and client roster growing substantially over the coming years.”
About PAUL WOODS
Paul Woods is an Edenspiekermann Berlin, veteran, having re-joined the agency in 2016 after several years at HUGE, Brooklyn. Self-described as a digital product / branding hybrid Creative Director, he has created industry-leading work for brands like Red Bull, Morgan Stanley, Nescafé, Google and many others.
Woods’ work has won several awards (Webbys, Awwwards) and he is regularly featured in (and also writes for) international publications including Fast Company, Communication Arts and NET magazine.
Outside of his client work, Woods is co-founder of the satirical industry website Adloids, a member of the Awwwards website jury, and a member of the Irish Design Archive panel.
About CHRISTIAN TITZE
Christian Titze brings over a decade of international management and business development experience to his position with Edenspiekermann. Before becoming Business Director, North America, for the agency, he co-founded and led Agentur SOWHAT, a Berlin-based software development firm.
Titze began his career as a Manager in the business development team at global agency MetaDesign. He later moved on within MetaDesign to spearhead the setup team for that agency’s award-winning Beijing office.
Later relocating to Shanghai, Titze led interactive agency Luxoom’s Chinese operations as General Manager. Afterwards, as Global Practice Lead, he went on to set up the global business development for Globeone, a Germany-based international marketing consultancy.
Titze is the winner of several industry awards for his work, including the prestigious REBRAND Award, as well as two iF Design Awards.
Founded in Berlin in 2009 by notable typographer Erik Spiekermann, the Edenspiekermann agency specializes in building brands, digital products and campaigns for clients such as Red Bull, Mozilla, Autodesk, and The Economist. Edenspiekermann prides itself on the creation of simple solutions for a complex world, and bringing people and brands together. The agency employs 119 people from 19 countries working in Amsterdam, Berlin, Singapore, San Francisco, and now, Los Angeles.
Among the agency’s noteworthy projects:
- World of Red Bull' global brand campaign: Edenspiekermann created both the 2014 and 2015 global brand campaigns for Red Bull (entitled “The World of Red Bull.”) These were fully integrated campaigns led from a digital first approach, running in over 60 countries and 30 languages.
- Dutch Railways: Working with NS Dutch Railways, Edenspiekermann’s R&D team undertook an extensive research and user driven approach to improve the passengers’ experience of safety and comfort. The result: 180 meter long LED strip placed above the platform showing travelers everything they need to know. This solution won some big awards in the industry, including the highly prestigious D&AD Black pencil.
- FontShop: FontShop defined the digital font distribution industry but needed to translate their success to digital. Edenspiekermann worked with them to bring their rich product offerings to life with a solution that was enthusiastically received by the global typographic community.
- Red Bull Music Academy: Edenspiekermann worked with Red Bull Music Academy Radio to define and build what the future music radio station could be — an online radio station that’s all about selection, allowing users to browse through and share interviews, mixes, live recordings and much more.
- Bosch: Since the beginning of the agency’s partnership with Bosch in 2009, Edenspiekermann has developed and documented all details of the international brand identity for that company. The idea: Communicate “Made in Germany” to the global market, with every element of the visual identity supporting the brand promise of premium quality and innovation.
Comprised of thinkers, designers, developers, illustrators, copywriters, content makers and, above all, communicators, Edenspiekermann works closely with its global clients to radically strengthen their brands in today’s world. The agency designs meaningful brand experiences to help their clients stay relevant in the rapidly changing economic environment.
The new LA office of Edenspiekermann is located at 604 Arizona Ave., Suite # 217, Santa Monica, CA 90401. The phone is: 323/373-3533. For more information, please visit: www.edenspiekermann.com