- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- PDF Back Issues
- Trending Now
- My Membership
Film Festival lists 9 "Best Of" Candidates
- Wednesday, May. 29, 2019
U.S. International Film & Video Festival 2019 Shortlist Announced; Russia, Philippines have 2 nominees each
Nine productions are nominees for Best of Festival in the 2019 U.S. International Film & Video Festival. Nominees are in Corporate and Documentary.
Corporate selections are:
- OOO, Moscow, Russia, for "Image clip of Group of Companies KIT Film & Television," a story of a boy’s journey on a tram hovering in the air from the city to uncharted country where whales can fly -- reflects the idea of the Group of Companies, which is to create a world where reality is limited only by imagination;
- BeaversBrothers, Ekaterinburg, Russia, for "RUSAL. True stories. Love for the sky" done for UC RUSAL, Moscow; the story of Igor Demchenko, a metallurgist who has always wanted to fly;
- "One in a Million," done by fictionless, New York, N.Y., for the University of Utah Health, Salt Lake City, Utah, explains the hospital’s genomic medicine program;
- Riga Tourism Development Bureau, Riga, Spain, for "Insiders Guide to Riga" produced Riga Tourism Development Bureau, Riga, Latvia, for "Insiders Guide to Riga" done by DDB Latvia and nonsense.tv for Live Riga, Riga Tourism Council. The film is part of a series for Facebook to promote Riga as a city-break destination to a younger crowd.
Nominees in Documentary are:
- Terra Mater Factual Studios GmbH, Vienna, Austria, for "Whale Wisdom," marine biologist and filmmaker Rick Rosenthal’s journey to explore whales;
- CBC Television Co. Ltd., Nagoya, Japan, for "Shikake-Ideas that Trigger Behavioral Change” about an academic discipline that uses psychology to manipulate human behavior without people realizing that they were influenced;
- GMA Network Inc. (GMA News TV), Quezon City, Philippines, for "Bawal ang Pasaway kay Mareng Winnie: Nadenggoy ng Dengvaxia? (Offenders, Beware!: Deceived by Dengvaxia?)"; interview with senator involved in scandal;
- GMA Network Inc., Quezon City, for "The Atom Araullo Specials: Babies for Sale.Ph"; explores how social media is used for the sale of babies.
Best of Festival Winners and the special IQ One World Award honoree will be announced June 5. Visit www.filmfestawards.com for more information.
Media Relations Manager
US International Film & Video Festival