- Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2019
The Global Advertising Lawyers Alliance ("GALA") announced today that it will hold its third annual "Advertising Law in the United States & Around the Globe" seminar at The Yale Club in New York City on March 22, 2019. The seminar,which is free to attend, will be held in conjunction with GALA's Annual Meeting on March 21-22, 2019.
The seminar agenda includes two panels: "Launching a Global Advertising Campaign" and "Thinking About Intellectual Property Rights in Social Media Marketing & Other Global Campaigns."
"Whether you're creating a global advertising campaign, or simply promoting your brand on social media, it is critical to take into account the different laws, self-regulatory guidance, and cultural concerns that may apply," said Jeffrey A. Greenbaum, GALA Global Chairman and Managing Partner at Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz in New York City. "We are very pleased to bring together leading advertising lawyers from around the world to help marketers successfully navigate these challenges."
The speakers will be:
- "Launching a Global Advertising Campaign"
- Moderator: Joseph Lewczak, Partner, Davis & Gilbert (USA)
- Karyl Bertrand, Partner, Bertrand Legal (Dutch Caribbean)
- Conor Griffin, Partner, Duncan Grehan & Partners (Ireland)
- Hande Hançer, Gün + Partners (Turkey)
- Paula Pfizenmaier, Partner, Randle Legal (Argentina)
- Jennifer Pienaar, Partner, Adams & Adams (South Africa)
- Søren Pietzcker, Partner, Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek (Germany)
- "Thinking About Intellectual Property Rights in Social Media Marketing & Other Global Campaigns"
- Moderator: Melissa L. Steinman, Partner, Venable LLP (USA)
- Michel Béjot, Partner, Bernard - Hertz - Béjot (France)
- Catherine Dennis Brooks, Partner, Miller Thomson (Canada)
- Peter Le Guay, Partner, Thomson Geer (Australia)
- Marco Antonio Palacios, Partner, Palacios & Asociados (Guatemala)
- Ewa Skrzydło-Tefelska, Partner, Sołtysiński Kawecki & Szlęzak, (Poland)
- Valdir Rocha, Partner, Veirano Advogados (Brazil)