- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- Trending Now
- My Membership
Great Work Is Flowing Through charlieuniformtango’s New Austin Studio
- Thursday, Jun. 13, 2019
Impressive list of work and strategic creative personnel moves announced
Lola Lott, charlieuniformtango principal/CEO, announced the completion of an impressive list of work and strategic creative personnel moves just eight months after the opening of the company’s new Austin headquarters.
Recent work includes Crave Big for BBDO; Twix, Texas Lottery, and America’s Best for Third Ear – formerly Latin Works; Food Lion for GSD&M; Save the Humans for Karsh Hagan; Ford for GTB; and The Center for Child Protection for Wunderman as well as a to-be-announced project for Team One. The studio also handled post work on the 2019 Sundance and SXSW official selection Sister Aimee.
Executive Producer Keith Munley notes, “We’ve produced a remarkable range of commercials, videos, and short films and features in a relatively brief period of time. I’ve been with charlieuniformtango Austin since 2008 – a lot has changed in 11 years. It’s been fun to see Austin grow into one of the most creative cities in the world. We’re very grateful to our clients for allowing us to play our part in that evolution.”
Artie Peña joined charlieuniformtango in 2010 and moved to the Austin studio in early 2019 to expand his work in VFX/CG/3D. “Artie brings an impressive background in film and digital media, including working in NYC in VFX,” said Keith. “Artie’s intense attention to detail is an asset to us and our clients.”
“I’ve really enjoyed the opportunity to grow as a Flame artist and colorist in cities from New York to Dallas and now Austin,” Artie said. “Austin brings a lot of new and old faces to my room and is a city at the intersection of film, technology, music and advertising – it’s very conducive to creative growth and I’m excited to be here.”
The all-star Austin team includes VFX/Operations Head David Hannah, Executive Producer Keith Munley, Editor Evan Linton, Editor/Director Justin Wilson, Flame Artist/Colorist Artie Pena, Assistant Editor Katie Allison, and Client Services Manager Kim Tarter.
“It’s great to be celebrating almost two decades of production and post work in Austin with such outstanding new projects,” said Lola Lott. “We’re dedicated to continuing to provide the best talent and latest technology to create content that messages our clients’ brands to their target audiences in the most impactful way.”
See latest reel https://wdrv.it/791bcd763
Austin reel credits:
- Agency: BBDO, Client: Crave “Hunters” charlieuniformtango credits: Director: Randal Ford Online Artist: Artie Peña GFX/3D Artists: Tony Wann, Connor Adams, Julia Bacak Editor: Evan Linton Audio Engineer: Nick Patronella
- Agency: Third Ear - formerly Latinworks Client: Twix “Interview” charlieuniformtango credits: Editor: Greg Sunmark Online Artist/Color: Artie Peña Audio Engineer: Nick Patronella
- Agency: GSD&M Client: Food Lion “This Is Our” charlieuniformtango credits: Editors: Jack Waldrip, Evan Linton Online Artist: Artie Peña Audio Engineer: Nick Patronella
- Agency: Third Ear - formerly Latinworks Client: TX Lottery “Gems7 “Vinyl”” charlieuniformtango credits: Editor: Greg Sunmark Online Artist: Artie Peña
- Agency: GTB Client: Ford “Great American Sales Event” charlieuniformtango credits: Editor: Evan Linton Online Artist: Artie Peña Audio Engineer: Nick Patronella
- Agency: Third Ear - formerly Latinworks Client: America’s Best “Dirty Car” charlieuniformtango credits: Editor: James Rayburn Audio Engineer: Nick Patronella
- Agency: Team One Client: TBA charlieuniformtango credits: Editor: Justin Wilson
- Agency: Karsh Hagan Client: Vitalant “Save the Humans” charlieuniformtango credits: Editor: Evan Linton 3D/Graphics Artists: Connor Adams, Julia Bacak Online Artists: Artie Peña & Joey Waldrip
- Agency: Wunderman Client: Center for Child Protection “Protect Austin Kids 2019” charlieuniformtango credits: Director and Editor: Justin Wilson Online Artist: Joey Waldrip Audio Engineer: Nick Patronella
Founded in 1995 by Lola Lott, principal/CEO, and Jack Waldrip, senior editor, the company has become an industry leader. charlieuniformtango serves as a single source production solution. The company directs, produces, shoots, edits, scores, mixes, animates, designs, and provides color services, FX, and finishing for commercials, short films, documentaries, music videos, and digital content for clients worldwide. Headquarters in Dallas, Texas with a full-service studio in Austin.