- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- Trending Now
- My Membership
Hype Awarded Creativepool’s "People’s Choice Award" For "PR Agency Of The Year"
- Wednesday, Jun. 5, 2019
Expands With Launch Of Hype Social
Experts in brand-strategic PR, Marketing and Social Media services for creative companies and beyond, Hype has built its foundation as a leading communications agency with a focus on entertainment clients, shining the light on talents behinds-the-scenes. Today, the agency features an esteemed roster of clients ranging from production companies and entertainment studios to consumer-facing brands. Hype has just been awarded the “People’s Choice Award” for “PR Agency of the Year” by Creativepool in London, U.K, and recently expanded Hype Social, the company’s social media division.
Since Hype's inception, the company has cultivated relationships with the press in a variety of media outlets, and positioned itself (or its special agents) as a resource to both press and clients in order to place compelling stories in a targeted fashion. Led by highly trained Special Agents & Co-Founders Colleen O’Mara and Jessie Nagel, the company also launched a Social Media division -- Hype Social –- with plans to expand further in 2019.
With the astronomical rise in social media influence, Hype Social strategically develops and implements an integrated social networking presence and brand-specific voice. The division includes Hype Social lead Alex Lampsos along with specialists Kacey Spivey and Logan Stoodley, all with a wealth of expertise in social media management and a belief in the power of an authentic brand voice. Clients have ranged from entertainment to consumer-facing entities, from actors to gaming companies, all with hands-on collaboration and management to generate a dialogue with the public, and hone relevant engagement.
"When we started the company we chose a name that cheekily embodied what people think of PR,” shares Nagel. “It is by virtue of our collaboration with amazingly talented clients that our culture and company thrives, and we are excited to enjoy the Creativepool honor at a time when we are enjoying an expansion of both our team and the ways in which we Hype things up for clients."
“We are just thrilled and honored to receive the ‘People’s Choice Award’ for ‘PR Agency of the Year’ from Creativepool in London,” says O’Mara. “It’s a very big deal and a culmination of years of hard work building this agency from the ground up, collaborating with wonderful clients along the way. A few years ago, Hype expanded outside of entertainment to collaborate with consumer-facing brands and companies -- clients who came to us and said, ‘Hey, we really like what you do for entertainment clients, can you do that for us?’ We said, ‘Yes, absolutely!’”
Hype is also proud to promote, organize and assist with putting that extra ounce of fun into any kind of special event, like the AICP Pre-Cinco De Mayo party earlier this month at the Culver Hotel in Los Angeles, and an upcoming industry cocktail party the Shoreham in Manhattan in June. The national Hype team is gearing up for a hearty Spring/Summer 2019 awards season, hosting and attending events throughout the United States.
Hype is a boutique communications agency that provides brand-strategic PR, Marketing and Social Media services to creative companies. The company provides an extremely hands-on approach to client service and a collaborative philosophy that positions them as a preferred resource to members of the media. Dedicated to entertainment & beyond, Hype is committed to keen storytelling and promoting the creative process.
- Special Agent Jessie Nagel: Jessie Nagel has brought a wealth of experience and strategic perspective to Hype, and enjoys the daily buzz the Hype world offers like the chance to highlight the creative process and passion Hype’s clients have in spades. A founding member of Women in Animation, Jessie was the editor for the organization’s newsletter “Work in Progress” for nearly 10 years. She is also a member of the West Coast Board of the AICP and Chair of the AICP National Care Committee.
- Special Agent Colleen O’Mara: Colleen O'Mara, a former magazine editor, devised the concept for Hype and opened the company with her good friend Nagel. A writer since the age of eight, Colleen has written and published articles and essays in a variety of publications, and enjoys her collaboration with an ever-expanding group of press contacts and her teammates at Hype. Beyond her co-directorship of Hype, O’Mara is also a Co-Founder of the Venice Media District, and travels the U.S. and the world with a “will work to travel” philosophy.
- Hype Social Lead Alex Lampsos: Alex Lampsos developed Hype’s social media division with Co-Founders O’Mara and Nagel. A social media and PR connoisseur, Lampsos launched his career at the prestigious Toronto International Film Festival and has produced over 30 films, including "Cherry Pop" currently on Netflix, with cast members from RuPaul's Drag Race. Lampsos brings a wealth of expertise in social media management as a strategist that believes in the power, whether it be an individual or multi-dimensional enterprise.
- Specialist Kacey Spivey: Born and raised in Dallas, TX, Kacey Spivey’s passion for the arts and entertainment started at an early age, leading theater and choir programs prior to completing a BA in Journalism and Screenwriting at the University of Oklahoma. From theater to films to the digital space, Kacey has emerged as an expert producer, writer, and host for the likes of ScreenRant.com, the #1 Independent Movie News Site, and most recently the booming What’s Trending. Her understanding of the digital world and importance of social media engagement makes Spivey a perfect comrade under Hype Social.
- Specialist Logan Stoodley: Logan Stoodley has worked in multiple roles across the entertainment industry with experience in development, production, post-production, and social media. His impish delight from writing almost 100 tweets in a fictitious language for a social campaign are a testament to the joy he finds in the creative opportunities that arise from collaborations with clients. When he isn’t writing your tweets, you can find Logan freely offering his opinion on all things geek on the podcast “Hashtag General,” or you can read his incredibly brief film reviews at “50 Words or Less.”