- Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2019
Full juries for all 12 disciplines have been announced for the ADC 98th Annual Awards (http://www.adcawards.org), one of the world’s longest-running and most prestigious global competitions celebrating excellence in craft and innovation in all forms of design and advertising.
More than 150 highly qualified creatives representing 25 countries will judge work from around the world. The gender-balanced jury includes creative leaders such as:
- Jonathan Alger, managing partner, C&G Partners, New York, NY, USA for Experiential
- Kwaku Alston, photographer, director, Kwaku Alston Photography, Los Angeles, CA, USA for Photography
- Marisol Arteaga, creative director, founder, Arteaga, Brooklyn, NY, USA for Fashion Design
- Adrian Botan, global executive creative director, president, Creative Council Europe, McCann Worldgroup, London, UK for Advertising
- Steve Brodner, graphic artist, journalist, Steve Brodner Studio, New York, NY, USA for Illustration
- Alex Center, founder, CENTER, Brooklyn, NY, USA for Packaging/Product Design
- Ben Christie, founder, creative partner, Magpie Studio, London, UK for Brand/Communication Design
- Monica Dancu, design director, Ralph Lauren Home, New York, NY, USA for Packaging/Product Design
- Tasha Dean, head of integrated production, The Martin Agency, Richmond, VA, USA for Interactive
- Maria Doreuli, creative director, Contrast Foundry, Moscow, Russia for Typography
- Chrissy Dunleavy, design director, TIME, New York, NY, USA for Publication Design
- Arem Duplessis, group creative director, Apple, San Francisco, CA, USA for Brand/Communication Design
- Esra Gülmen, head of design, Heimat, Berlin, Germany for Illustration
- Yeoh Guan Hong, cofounder, creative director, Super Nature Design, Shanghai, China for Experiential
- Joe Hutchinson, creative director, Rolling Stone, New York, NY, USA for Publication Design
- Alexander Kalchev, executive creative director, DDB Paris, France for Interactive
- Kainaz Karmakar, chief creative officer, Ogilvy India (West), Mumbai, India for Advertising
- Michelle Lee, editor-in-chief, Allure Magazine, New York, NY, USA for Fashion Design (jury chair)
- John LePore, principal, chief creative director, Perception, New York, NY, USA for Motion/Film Craft
- Mark Ligeti, lead designer, Creuna, Oslo, Norway for Brand/Communication Design
- Luke Lucas, illustrator, typographer, designer, art director, Newport, Australia for Typography.
- Fran Luckin, chief creative officer, Grey Africa, Johannesburg, South Africa for Advertising
- Erin Parker, cofounder, Maven Maternity, Brooklyn, NY, USA for Fashion Design
- Ben Porto, partner, Snarkitecture, New York, NY, USA for Spatial Design
- Otavio Schiavon, executive creative director, Africa, São Paulo, Brazil for Interactive
- Kaori Sohma, creative director, NBCUniversal, New York, NY, USA for Motion/Film Craft
- Roya H. Sullivan, national director, window presentation, Macy's, Inc., New York, NY, USA for Experiential
- Haruko Tsutsui, creative director, Dentsu Inc., Tokyo, Japan for Brand/Communication Design
- Richard Tyson, connected places strategy director, Gensler, New York, NY, USA for Spatial Design
- Sarah Waiswa, photographer, Nairobi, Kenya for Photography
To view the full list of all ADC 98th Annual Awards jury members, please visit http://www.adcawards.org/jury/.
“For nearly a century, the ADC Cube has been awarded for work based on excellence in craft, design and innovation,“ said Michael O’Rourke, executive director, ADC. “This strong tradition is alive and well in the hands of this year’s jury members, who are recognized creative leaders in their fields.”
The ADC 98th Annual Awards are part of The One Club for Creativity, the world’s foremost non-profit organization celebrating creative excellence in advertising and design. Entries can be submitted via http://www.adcawards.org, final deadline is January 31, 2019.
Tiered pricing structure
This year’s competition marks continuation of a tiered pricing structure (http://www.adcawards.org/tieredpricing/), designed to make it easier for smaller studios, agencies and freelancers to participate in the ADC Annual Awards.
The fee structure varies depending on whether the submitting firm is a design studio or ad agency. Design studios with between 2-20 employees get a discount (amount varies by discipline), while ad agencies with between 2-50 employees qualify for the tiered pricing discount. Freelance creatives and one-person shops in either design or advertising are eligible for an even greater reduction in their entry fee.
For more information on the ADC 98th Annual Awards, please visit http://www.adcawards.org.
The One Club for Creativity (www.oneclub.org), producer of the prestigious One Show, ADC Annual Awards and Creative Week, is the world's foremost non-profit organization whose mission is to support and celebrate the success of the global creative community. The One Show is a top global awards show for advertising, design and digital marketing focusing on creativity of idea and quality of execution. The ADC Annual Awards honors the best creative work in terms of craft, design and innovation across all disciplines. Creative Week takes place in New York City every May and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.