- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- PDF Back Issues
- Trending Now
- My Membership
Lions Entertainment Juries Announced
- Thursday, Apr. 21, 2016
Lions Entertainment, the new specialist event dedicated to unskippable creativity at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, has today announced the jury members for the Entertainment Lions and the Entertainment Lions for Music.
Bringing together brands and creators, the event encompasses how content is incorporated into mainstream culture through effective storytelling and compelling content.
Commenting on the announcement, Terry Savage, Chairman, Lions festivals said, “In the inaugural year of Lions Entertainment we have combined creative pioneers across the spectrum of music, sport, gaming and talent with specialists in the industry to get the widest range of perspectives. We’ve seen again and again how important it is to create content that integrates into the lives of consumers instead of interrupting and these juries will be looking to award work that cuts through, sets standards and resets the discussion.”
The 2016 Lions Entertainment juries are as follows:
Entertainment Lions Jury
- Jae Goodman, Chief Creative Officer and Co-Head, CAA Marketing, Global – Jury President
- Ben Hartman, Managing Director, APAC, Octagon, Asia Pacific
- Josh Black, CEO Content, GroupM Asia Pacific
- Simon Langley, Executive Creative Director, J. Walter Thompson, Australia
- Tadeu Jungle, Director, Academia De Filmes, Brazil
- Johnny Tan, Chief Creative Officer, BBH, China
- Anahita Kheder, Senior Vice President – Middle East, Africa, SE Europe, Freemantle Media International, Dubai
- Louise Johnson, Managing Director, FUSE EMEA
- Pascal Becleur, Senior Vice President & Chief Strategy Officer, MSLGROUP, Global
- Laurent Janneau, Global Brand Creative Director, Netflix, Global
- Izabela Derda, Head of Entertainment and Content, Havas Sports & Entertainment, Poland
- Stuart Harkness, Executive Creative Director, 72&Sunny, The Netherlands
- Jessica Thomas, Commercial Department Co-Head / Partner, WME / IMG, USA
- Rob Troy, Chief Creative Officer, Ant Farm, USA
- Teddy Lynn, Chief Creative Officer, Ogilvy & Mather, USA
- Dave Roberts, Deputy Managing Director & Head of Entertainment, M&C Saatchi Sports & Entertainment, UK
- Scott Duchon, Chief Creative Officer, Twofifteenmccann, USA
- Kirstin Patrick, Chief Marketing Officer, PEPSI at PepsiCo, USA
- David Rolfe, EVP, Director of Integrated Production, BBDO NY, USA
- Shailja Varghese, Head of Content Solutions, Brand New Media, SE Asia
Entertainment Lions for Music Jury
- Josh Rabinowitz, EVP, Director of Music, Grey Group, USA – Jury President
- Roberta Medina, Vice President, Rock World, SA / Rock in Rio, Brazil
- Kenna, Musician, Creative Director, Global
- Omar Johnson, Chief Marketing Officer, Beats by Dr. Dre, Global
- Olivier Robert-Murphy, Global Head of New Business, Universal Music Group, Global
- Prasoon Joshi, Chairman, Asia Pacific, CEO and CCO, India, McCann Worldgroup
- Toshihide Kimura, Creative Director, Dentsu Inc., Japan
- Paul Brazier, Chairman & Chief Creative Officer, AMV BBDO, UK
- Marcie Allen, President and Founder, Mac Presents, USA
- Peggy Walter, VP, Director of Celebrity Services, Leo Burnett, USA
Evolving from the Branded Content & Entertainment Lions, the Entertainment Lions will honour work that has turned content into culture, while the Entertainment Lions for Music celebrate how integral music is to effective branded content.
Rob Dembitz, Head of Lions Entertainment added, “It’s exciting to welcome so much new talent not only to the Jury but also to the speaking stages of Lions Entertainment. We also look forward to meeting many new companies in Cannes this summer as well”.
Taking place on 23-24 June, Lions Entertainment is part of the overall programme of the Cannes Lions Festival running from 18-25 June. Further information about the festival and how to register for attendance can be found at www.canneslions.com.
Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity
The International Festival of Creativity, also known as Cannes Lions, is the world's leading celebration of creativity in communications and encompasses Lions Health, Lions Innovation and Lions Entertainment. Founded in 1954, the Festival takes place every June in Cannes, France. As the most prestigious international annual advertising and communications awards, over 40,000 entries from all over the world are showcased and judged at the Festival. Winning companies receive the highly coveted Lion trophy, a global benchmark of creative excellence, for Creative Data, Creative Effectiveness, Cyber, Design, Digital Craft, Direct, Film, Film Craft, Glass: The Lion for Change, Health & Wellness, Innovation, Entertainment, Media, Mobile, Music, Outdoor, Pharma, PR, Print & Publishing, Product Design, Promo & Activation, Radio, Titanium and Integrated Lions. The Festival is also the only truly global meeting place for advertisers, advertising and communication professionals. More than 15,000 delegates from 95 countries attend a week-long programme of exhibitions, screenings and talks by worldwide thought leaders. As the networking and learning opportunity of the year, Cannes Lions is the must-attend event for anyone involved in brand communications.
Lions Festivals is the organiser of Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, Lions Health, Lions Innovation, Lions Entertainment and eurobest, as well as co-organisers, with its joint venture partners, of Dubai Lynx International Festival of Creativity, Spikes Asia Festival of Creativity, and the Asian Marketing Effectiveness & Strategy Awards. www.lionsfestivals.com
Lions Festivals is powered by Ascential.