- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- PDF Back Issues
- Trending Now
- My Membership
Motion Picture Sound Editors Announces Presenters for the 66th MPSE Golden Reel Awards
- Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2019
Presenters for the 66th MPSE Golden Reel Awards will include four-time Academy Award-nominee Michael Mann, Spider-Man™: Into the Spider-Verse producer Christopher Miller and producer/co-writer Phil Lord, and actors Edward James Olmos, Libe Barer (Sneaky Pete), Kirsten Vangsness (Criminal Minds) and Jasmin Savoy Brown (For the People). The awards ceremony is scheduled for Sunday, February 17th at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel in Los Angeles.
Director, Screenwriter and Producer Michael Mann will present the 2019 MPSE Filmmaker Award to Director Antoine Fuqua. Joining him as honorary presenters will be Re-Recording Mixer Steve Pederson and Supervising Sound Editor Mandell Winter. The MPSE Career Achievement Award will be presented to Supervising Sound Editor Stephen H. Flick by Academy Award-winning Supervising Sound Editor Ben Wilkins.
Category presenters include:
- Animation and Documentary: Sound Designer/MPSE board member (China) Shasha Dong, and Sound Designer/MPSE board member (India) Resul Pookuty.
- Computer, Special Venue, Non-Theatrical and Foreign: Filmmakers Christopher Miller and Phil Lord.
- Broadcast Media Episodic Short Form/Live Action Short: Production Mixer and President, Cinema Audio Society, Mark Ulano and actress Libe Barer.
- Student Filmmaker: Entertainment Career Strategist and author of “Leveraging UP!” Stacy Milner and Entertainment Industry Professionals Mentorship Alliance (EIPMA) board member Fabienne Rawley.
- Broadcast Media Episodic Long Form and Single Presentation: Hollywood Reporter “Below the Line” editor Carolyn Giardina and Netflix, partner engagement, Frances Chu-Fong.
- Feature Film: Actors Edward James Olmos, Kirsten Vangsness and Jasmin Savoy Brown.
Sponsors for this year’s MPSE Golden Reel Awards include Universal Studios, Netflix, Warner Bros. Post Production Creative Services, 20th Century Fox, Formosa Group, Sony Pictures, NBC Universal Studio Post, Walt Disney Pictures, Dolby, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Technicolor, Westlake Pro, Avid, DTS and First Entertainment Credit Union.
Tickets and sponsorships to the 66th MPSE Golden Reel Awards may be purchased here.
Founded in 1953, the Motion Picture Sound Editors is a non-profit organization of professional sound and music editors who work in the motion picture television and gaming industries. The organization’s mission is to provide a wealth of knowledge from award-winning professionals to a diverse group of individuals, youth and career professionals alike; mentoring and educating the community about the artistic merit and technical advancements in sound and music editing; providing scholarships for the continuing advancement of motion picture sound in education; and helping to enhance the personal and professional lives of the men and women who practice this unique craft.
Motion Picture Sound Editors (MPSE)