- Friday, Mar. 9, 2018
The Producers Guild of America (PGA) announced today its tenth annual Produced By Conference is set for Saturday, June 9 and Sunday, June 10 and will take place at Paramount Pictures Studios in Los Angeles. Every year, the Produced By Conference features an incredible collection of speakers. Among those confirmed to date are: “The Handmaid’s Tale” creative team of Bruce Miller, Elizabeth Moss and Warren Littlefield; TV creator Marta Kauffman (“Grace & Frankie,” “Seeing Allred”); pioneering documentarian Errol Morris (“Wormwood,” “The Fog of War”); producer Rosa Tran (“Final Space,” “Anomalisa”); producer Charles D. King (“Mudbound,” “Fences”); and rising showrunners Justin Simien (“Dear White People”) and Lena Waithe (“The Chi”).
Celebrating its 10th anniversary, PGA’s Produced By Conference is an educational forum that reaches across film, television and new media, and is conducted by acclaimed producers, including numerous Oscar® and Emmy Award winners, as well as the next generation of creative entrepreneurs. The Produced By Conference is held through the Producers Guild of America’s charitable entity, the PGA Foundation, as it epitomizes the Foundation’s core mission to educate those who work in the producing profession. No other event gives producers so many opportunities to network with and learn from top storytellers and decision-makers in the entertainment industry. Discounted early bird registration for PBC 2018 is available now at ProducedByConference.com and ends April 15.
Confirmed panelists to date are noted below in alphabetical order. Additional speakers will be announced in the coming weeks.
- Allison Abbate, EVP, Warner Animation Group; “Fantastic Mr. Fox,” “Corpse Bride”
- Adrian Alperovich, Chief Operating Officer, MWM Studios
- Bonnie Arnold, Producer, DreamWorks Animation; "How to Train Your Dragon," "Toy Story"
- Dan Braun, Co-President, Submarine; “Kusama – Infinity,” “Peggy Guggenheim: Art Addict”
- Lesley Chilcott, “CodeGirl,” “An Inconvenient Truth”
- Jinko Gotoh, "The Little Prince," "9"
- Marta Kauffman, Writer/Director/Producer, Okay Goodnight; "Seeing Allred," "Grace and Frankie"
- Charles D. King, Founder & CEO, MACRO; "Mudbound," "Fences"
- Jessica Lacy, Head of International & Independent Film, ICM Partners
- Warren Littlefield, Executive Producer, “The Handmaid's Tale”
- Gary Lucchesi, President of the Producers Guild of America; “The Lincoln Lawyer,” “Million Dollar Baby”
- Bill Mechanic, Chairman & CEO, Pandemonium Films; "Hacksaw Ridge," "Coraline"
- Bruce Miller, Showrunner, “The Handmaid's Tale”
- Errol Morris, “Wormwood,” “The Fog of War”
- Elisabeth Moss, Executive Producer/Actress, “The Handmaid's Tale”
- Justin Simien, "Dear White People," "Bad Hair"
- Ceyda Torun, Co-Founder, Termite Films; “Kedi”
- Rosa Tran, "Final Space," "Anomalisa"
- Lena Waithe, Creator, “The Chi”
* The above speakers are subject to change.
In addition to Paramount Pictures Studios, sponsors to date include: Arri, BEN, Branded Entertainment Network, Cast & Crew, Delta Air Lines, Film US Virgin Islands, GreenSlate, Honolulu Film Office, Final Draft, HUB Entertainment Insurance, Massachusetts Film Office, Panasonic, Produce Iowa, Technicolor and Film U.S. Virgin Islands.
The Produced By Conference 2018 team is Supervising Producer, Barry Kaplan (EKG, Inc.), Program Director, Madelyn Hammond (Madelyn Hammond & Associates), and Sponsorship Director, Diane Salerno (Six Degrees Global).
To review highlights from previous Conferences and receive news and the latest programming updates for Produced By Conference 2018, please visit the Guild’s official website and follow its social media channels for the event:
- Website: www.producedbyconference.com
- Twitter: @Produced_By
- Facebook: Facebook.com/ProducedByConference
- YouTube: Youtube.com/user/ProducersGuild
- Instagram: Instagram.com/ProducersGuild
- Hashtag: #ProducedBy2018
About THE PRODUCERS GUILD OF AMERICA (PGA)
The Producers Guild of America is the non-profit trade group that represents, protects and promotes the interests of all members of the producing team in film, television and new media. The Producers Guild has more than 8,300 members who work together to protect and improve their careers, the industry and community by providing members with employment opportunities, seeking to expand health benefits, promoting fair and impartial standards for the awarding of producing credits, as well as other education and advocacy efforts such as encouraging sustainable production practices. For more information and the latest updates, please visit Producers Guild of America websites and follow on social media.