- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- PDF Back Issues
- Trending Now
- My Membership
Post New York Alliance (PNYA) to Highlight “The Future of Post Production” in Next “Post Break” Webinar
- Tuesday, Sep. 29, 2020
Free video conference slated for Thursday, October 1st at 4:00 p.m.
Post New York Alliance (PNYA) will explore post-production in a post-COVID world in the next edition of its weekly webinar series Post Break. A panel of highly-accomplished industry veterans will share their views on how the pandemic will reshape companies, working conditions, services and creativity. They will offer specific insights into the advent of remote and hybrid workflows and how they might impact ADR, color, offline editorial, sound, delivery and other post services. The free event is slated for Thursday, October 1st at 4:00 p.m. (EDT). Following the webinar, attendees will have an opportunity to join small, virtual breakout groups for discussion and networking.
- Chris Arruda, Post Supervisor. After a successful 26-year run producing TV ad campaigns, Arruda transitioned to long-form, narrative post through such shows as Happyish (Showtime), Vinyl (HBO), Gypsy (Netflix) and The Sinner (USA). As head of post for Warrior (Cinemax), he began a two-year collaboration with showrunner Jonathan Tropper. He is currently working with Tropper on seasons 2 and 3 of SEE (Apple +).
- Zak Tucker, CEO & President, HARBOR. Tucker is co-founder of HARBOR, a top-tier, global production and post-production studio serving the feature film, episodic and advertising industries. The company boasts a staff of 100 and a 70,000 square foot campus, offering a full range of production and post-production services. Notable feature and episodic post-production projects include Once Upon A Time in Hollywood (Sony Entertainment), The Irishman (Netflix), Solo: A Star Wars Story (Lucasfilm), Ocean’s 8 (Warner Bros.), Arrival (Paramount), Billions (Showtime) and Sweetbitter (Starz).
- Peter Postma, Managing Director of FilmLight Americas. Postma is Managing Director of the Americas at FilmLight where he leads development of tools for its Truelight and Baselight systems. He previously served as a systems engineer at Eastman Kodak, helping pioneer digital intermediate technology. He has taught seminars on color management for production and post-production around the world and holds a BFA in Film and Animation from Rochester Institute of Technology.
Diana Dekajlo, Post Supervisor. A New York-based post production supervisor with extensive 4K/HDR experience, Dekajlo began her career as a facility producer and currently is an independent. She has experience in both the documentary and narrative spaces, with credits including Abstract: The Art of Design (Netflix), Springsteen on Broadway (Netflix), The Case Against Adnan Syed (HBO), Divorce (HBO) and the upcoming The Queen's Gambit (Netflix). She is a member of the Post New York Alliance and the Producers Guild of America.
- When: Thursday, October 1, 4:00 p.m.
- Title: The Future of Post Production
Sound recordings of past Post Break sessions are available here: https://www.postnewyork.org/page/PNYAPodcasts
Past Post Break sessions in video blog format are available here: https://www.postnewyork.org/blogpost/1859636/Post-Break
About Post New York Alliance (PNYA)
Post New York Alliance (PNYA) is an association of film and television post production facilities, labor unions and individuals operating in New York. PNYA members coalesced around the belief that a unified industry presents the post production community better opportunities to develop and promote public policy that benefits the film and television industry as a whole. PNYA’s objectives include incentivizing projects to finish in New York, marketing the services provided by the New York post-production industry and creating avenues for talent to enter this fast-growing sector of the economy.