- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- PDF Back Issues
- Trending Now
- My Membership
My SPW NewsPage View
Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2017
The One Club for Creativity Announces Young Guns 15 Winners
32 winners originally from 13 countries honored as top creatives age 30 and under; First-ever public vote for Young Guns Creative Choice Award; YG15 awards ceremony and party on November 16 in NYC.NEW YORK --(SPW)--
The One Club for Creativity, the world's foremost non-profit organization recognizing creative excellence in advertising and design, today announced the winners of the global Young Guns 15 (http://www.youngguns.org/), the industry’s only international, cross-disciplinary, portfolio-based awards competition that identifies and celebrates today’s vanguard of young creative professionals age 30 or younger.
As an exciting addition to this year’s program, The One Club unveils the first Young Guns Creative Choice Award, where the global creative community at large can explore the work of Young Guns 15 winners and select which one they believe stands above all others. Voting is open through Wednesday, November 15, 2017, with the winner announced at the Young Guns 15 awards ceremony in New York the following evening. To vote for the Young Guns Creative Choice Award, please visit http://www.oneclub.org/awards/
Young Guns 15 winners, with their current location and place of origin if different, are:
- Derek Brahney, artist, art director, designer, Brooklyn, NY, USA (originally from New Jersey, USA)
- Beau Dillon Burrows, interactive installation artist, Brooklyn, NY (originally from Phoenix, AZ, USA)
- Henry Busby, director, Brooklyn, NY, USA (originally from Tuscaloosa, AL, USA)
- Benjamin Crick, graphic designer, New York, NY, USA (originally from Sydney, Australia)
- Jalan + Jibril Durimel, visual artists, Los Angeles, CA, USA (originally from Paris, France)
- Lisk Feng, illustrator, Rego Park, NY, USA (originally from China)
- Maceo Frost, director, Stockholm, Sweden
- Anna Ginsburg, director, London, UK
- Ricardo Gonzalez, letterer, typographer, Brooklyn, NY, USA (originally from Durango, Mexico)
- Ben Grandgenett, graphic designer, Brooklyn, NY (originally from Wahoo, Nebraska, USA)
- Verena Hennig, industrial & product designer, Fuerth, Germany (originally from Nuremberg, Germany)
- Wanbing Huang, fashion designer, artist, London, UK
- I Saw John First, director, Oslo, Norway and London, UK (originally from Asker, Norway)
- Yann Kebbi, illustrator, Paris, France
- Ruslan Khasanov, graphic designer, visual artist, Yekaterinburg, Russia
- Noemie Le Coz, graphic designer, art director, illustrator, Brooklyn, NY, USA (originally from Melbourne, Australia)
- Gabe Liberti, installation artist, music producer, Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Chad Michael, graphic designer, Dallas, TX, USA
- MINDCASTLE (Danielle Krieger and Casey Warren), directors, Seattle, WA, USA (originally from Yakima, WA, USA)
- Cait Oppermann, photographer, Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Theo Pinto, art director, environmental designer, Brooklyn, NY, USA (originally from Brazil)
- Joaquin Salim, multidisciplinary creative, New York, NY, USA (originally from Caracas, Venezuela)
- Pedro Sampaio, art director, Brooklyn, NY, USA (originally from Curitiba, Brazil)
- SJ, filmmaker, Cape Town, South Africa (originally from Johannesburg, South Africa)
- Daniel Soares, filmmaker, creative director, Brooklyn, NY, USA (originally from Hamburg, Germany)
- Leta Sobierajski, graphic designer, art director, Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Hattie Stewart, illustrator, artist, London, UK
- Armando Veve, illustrator, Philadelphia, PA, USA (South Burlington, VT, USA)
- Amber Vittoria, illustrator, New York, NY, USA (originally from Patterson, NY, USA)
- Jing Wei, illustrator, Brooklyn, NY, USA (originally from China)
- Jennifer Whitney, experiential designer, Brooklyn, NY, USA (originally from Washington Depot, CT, USA)
- Christian Widlic, graphic designer, San Francisco, CA, USA (originally from Oslo, Norway)
Information about each Young Guns 15 winner, with examples of their work, links to personal websites and voting for the Young Guns Creative Choice Award, is available at http://www.oneclub.org/awards/
This year’s winners will be recognized at the Young Guns 15 awards ceremony and party on November 16, 2017 at Highline Stages in New York’s Meatpacking District. The evening will be hosted by legendary designer James Victore, a Young Guns winner from the program’s inaugural class of 1996. Tickets are available at http://www.oneclub.org/events/
A record number of entries were received this year from 44 countries, and were judged by 50 top creatives from around the world, about half of whom are past Young Guns. The full jury list can be viewed at http://youngguns.org/jury/.
Young Guns 15 winners receive a unique version of the iconic Young Guns Cube, which gets reinvented each year in design and materials by a past Young Gun winner. This year’s Young GUns 15 cube and program branding were created by RoAndCo (https://www.roandcostudio.com
This year’s incoming Young Guns class also have their permanent profile page added to the Young Guns website, receive a complimentary one-year membership to The One Club for Creativity, permanent membership in Young Guns network, a chance to be featured in Young Guns events and an assortment of career-boosting opportunities from Young Guns sponsors.
Levine/Leavitt “Artist in Residence” winners:
For the fourth consecutive year, international artists management agency and Young Guns sponsor Levine/Leavitt (http://levineleavitt.com) will announces their Artist In Residence winners at the November 16 event. The honor is presented to just a few of the newly crowned Young Guns whose bodies of work stand out from even their fellow winners.
Selected by a special advisory board of industry professionals across a range of disciplines, recipients of the Artist-In-Residence Award receive a full year of professional management, guidance and mentorship to help take their young careers to new heights. From contract negotiations and client fees to portfolio management, the Levine/Leavitt team will help navigate winners through the business side of creativity.
Young Guns 15 and other One Club activities are made possible in part through the generous support of sponsors including Shutterstock, Levine/Leavitt and MTV.
Past Young Guns include rising stars who went on to become leaders in their chosen fields, including advertising creatives Rei Inamoto (YG4) and Menno Kluin (YG6); graphic designers James Victore (YG1), Stefan Sagmeister(YG1) and Jessica Walsh (YG8); illustrators Christoph Niemann (YG2) and Deanne Cheuk (YG4); photographers Ryan McGuinness (YG2) and Jeremy Floto/Cassandra Warner (aka floto+warner, YG5); typographers Alex Trochut (YG6) and Gemma O’Brien (YG13); film and video director Mike Mills (YG1), animation artist Todd St. John (YG1) and others.
For more information about Young Guns, please visit http://youngguns.org.
The One Club for Creativity, producer of the prestigious One Show, ADC Annual Awards and Creative Week, is the world's foremost non-profit organization whose mission is to support and celebrate the success of the global creative community. The One Show is a top global awards show for advertising, design and digital marketing focusing on creativity of idea and quality of execution. The ADC Annual Awards honors the best creative work in terms of craft, design and innovation across all disciplines. Creative Week takes place in New York City every May and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.[field_spw_articlevideo2] [field_spw_company_reference]
All content presented within the SHOOT Publicity Wire (SPW) release section only of SHOOTonline.com is that of the submitter. Information from this SHOOT Publicity Wire (SPW) news release and others posted to SPW may be redistributed in part or in whole by members of the media, bloggers, and cinema, TV, entertainment, film, commercial, online video production and post, celebrity fan sites as per SPW Copyright Notice.
This SPW NewsPage Post is powered by SHOOTonline.com.
SHOOT and SHOOTonline are registered trademarks of DCA Business Media LLC.
MySHOOT Company Profiles
Recent and Tags duplicate
May 29, 2020