- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- PDF Back Issues
- Trending Now
- My Membership
My SPW NewsPage View
Thursday, Nov. 8, 2018
Technicolor PostWorks’ Ben Murray To Lead a Panel on Distribution at DOC NYC
Technicolor PostWorks Vice President of Creative Services Ben Murray will moderate a panel discussion on preparing films for distribution at next week’s DOC NYC PRO Conference, held in conjunction with the DOC NYC film festival. Murray will be joined by John Campbell, a partner and head of management at Buffalo 8; producer/director Blair Foster of Jigsaw Productions, and filmmaker Alysa Nahmias, founder of Ajna Films. Titled Case Study: Prep Your Film For Distribution, the session is scheduled for Tuesday, November 13 at 3:45 pm in the IFC Center.
With the proliferation of streaming services and web-based platforms, filmmakers today have more options than ever for distributing their films, but those who don’t plan carefully can make costly mistakes and or not achieve the best results. “The panel will offer advice not only on technical preparation, but on all the work that goes into film distribution,” says Murray. “That includes curriculum, grass roots campaigning and working with distributors to get the word out.”
Case Study: Prep Your Film For Distribution Panel Participants:
- John Campbell is founder of JCINTIME, LLC, a creative management and production company, and a partner and head of management at Buffalo 8, a BondIt Media Company and a full-service media company with development, production, post-production and client management services divisions. He manages movie and television directors, writers and actors. His credits as a producer include A Boy, A Girl, A Dream, Destined and the upcoming documentary The Infamous Future. He also produced the 2018 March on Washington Film Festival.
- Blair Foster won two Emmy Awards for her work on the Academy Award-winning film Taxi to the Dark Side as well as an Emmy for Martin Scorsese’s George Harrison: Living in the Material World. In 2017, she directed and produced, along with Alex Gibney, Rolling Stone: Stories from the Edge for HBO. She also produced the Netflix documentary Get Me Roger Stone which premiered at the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival. Other credits include Sinatra: All or Nothing at All, Mr. Dynamite: The Rise of James Brown, The History of the Eagles, We Steal Secrets: The Story of Wikileaks and Park Avenue: Money, Power and the American Dream.
- Alysa Nahmias is an award-winning filmmaker whose directorial debut feature, Unfinished Spaces (co-directed with Ben Murray), won a 2012 Independent Spirit Award, and is in the permanent collection of the Museum of Modern Art, New York. As a creative producer, her credits include Unrest, No Light and No Land Anywhere, Afternoon of a Faun: Tanaquil Le Clerq and Shield and Spear. Her work has been shown at festivals and exhibitions worldwide, including Sundance, Berlinale, SXSW, HotDocs, Sheffield Doc/Fest, CPH:DOX, and the Film Society of Lincoln Center’s Sound + Vision, and released theatrically in the US and UK.
- Ben Murray is Vice President, Creative Services at Technicolor PostWorks NY. His regular clients include Ken Burns, Alex Gibney, Michael Moore and Martin Scorsese. His feature directing debut, Unfinished Spaces, won a 2012 Independent Spirit Award and screened in festivals and competitions worldwide. He founded The Room, a boutique post production company that partnered with Deluxe and Technicolor before being acquired by Technicolor PostWorks in 2012. He holds a BFA in Film and Television Production from New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts and is currently an MBA candidate at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
A longtime supporter of documentary and independent filmmakers, Technicolor PostWorks provided post-production services for four films screening at this year’s DOC NYC film festival. They include:
- What She Said: The Art of Pauline Kael (editorial conforming, color grading and deliverables).
- The Sentence (editorial conforming, color grading and deliverables).
- Crime + Punishment (editorial conforming, color grading and deliverables).
- Breslin and Hamill: Deadline Artists (editorial conforming, color grading and deliverables).
About Technicolor PostWorks New York
Technicolor PostWorks New York is the East Coast’s most comprehensive digital motion picture and post-production facility, employing an exceptional team of creative artists, engineers and project managers to serve our clients through the film and TV finishing process.
Technicolor PostWorks New York offers one complete source for every post requirement, including in-context digital dailies, film imaging and restoration, collaborative non-linear editorial and HD/UHD broadcast finishing, 4K digital cinema, global content lifecycle support, and comprehensive film and TV sound services on nine mix stages.
For more information, visit http://www.technicolorpwny.com[field_spw_articlevideo2] [field_spw_company_reference]
All content presented within the SHOOT Publicity Wire (SPW) release section only of SHOOTonline.com is that of the submitter. Information from this SHOOT Publicity Wire (SPW) news release and others posted to SPW may be redistributed in part or in whole by members of the media, bloggers, and cinema, TV, entertainment, film, commercial, online video production and post, celebrity fan sites as per SPW Copyright Notice.
This SPW NewsPage Post is powered by SHOOTonline.com.
SHOOT and SHOOTonline are registered trademarks of DCA Business Media LLC.
MySHOOT Company Profiles
Recent and Tags duplicate
Dec 3, 2020
Dec 3, 2020