- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- PDF Back Issues
- Trending Now
- My Membership
My SPW NewsPage View
Tuesday, Jun. 11, 2019
The Academy and ABC Announce Oscars 2022 Date
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and ABC today announced the 2022 Oscars® show date and confirmed the 2021 date. Upcoming Oscars show dates are as follows:
- 92nd OscarsSunday, February 9, 2020
- 93rd OscarsSunday, February 28, 2021
- 94th OscarsSunday, February 27, 2022
Timing of the 2022 Olympics, the Super Bowl and national holidays will keep the 2021 and 2022 dates on the last Sunday in February. The Academy and ABC continue to evaluate dates for future years.
The Oscars ceremony is broadcast live at 5 p.m. PT/ 8 p.m. ET on the ABC Television Network and globally in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide.
Academy key dates for the 2019/2020 awards season are:
- Governors Awards, Sunday, October 27, 2019
- Preliminary Voting Begins, Friday, December 6, 2019
- Preliminary Voting Ends, Tuesday, December 10, 2019
- Nominations Voting Begins, Thursday, January 2, 2020
- Nominations Voting Ends, Tuesday, January 7, 2020
- Oscar Nominations Announcement, Monday, January 13, 2020
- Oscar Nominees Luncheon, Monday, January 27, 2020
- Finals Voting Begins, Thursday, January 30, 2020
- Finals Voting Ends, Tuesday, February 4, 2020
- 92nd Oscars Sunday, February 9, 2020
As previously announced, the Academy’s Scientific and Technical Awards have moved to June 2020. Scientific and Technical Awards are given for technologies developed over a period of time and are not specific to a single awards year. Key dates are as follows:
- Submissions open, Tuesday, July 9, 2019
- Submission deadline, Tuesday, July 30, 2019
- Similar technology, open Tuesday, August 27, 2019
- Similar technology deadline, Tuesday, September 17, 2019
- Awards presentation, Saturday, June 20, 2020
The 92nd Oscars will be held on Sunday, February 9, 2020, at the Dolby Theatre® at Hollywood & Highland Center® in Hollywood, and will be televised live on the ABC Television Network. The Oscars also will be televised live in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide.
About THE ACADEMY
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is a global community of more than 9,000 of the most accomplished artists, filmmakers and executives working in film. In addition to celebrating and recognizing excellence in filmmaking through the Oscars, the Academy supports a wide range of initiatives to promote the art and science of the movies, including public programming, educational outreach and the upcoming Academy Museum of Motion Pictures, which is under construction in Los Angeles.
All content presented within the SHOOT Publicity Wire (SPW) release section only of SHOOTonline.com is that of the submitter. Information from this SHOOT Publicity Wire (SPW) news release and others posted to SPW may be redistributed in part or in whole by members of the media, bloggers, and cinema, TV, entertainment, film, commercial, online video production and post, celebrity fan sites as per SPW Copyright Notice.
This SPW NewsPage Post is powered by SHOOTonline.com.
SHOOT and SHOOTonline are registered trademarks of DCA Business Media LLC.
MySHOOT Company Profiles
Recent and Tags duplicate
Jan 18, 2020