- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- Trending Now
- My Membership
My SPW NewsPage View
Friday, May. 14, 2021
SMPTE Hollywood to Discuss Post-Production in a Post-Covid World
A panel of industry leaders will offer their views on the permanency of remote work and other changes brought by the pandemic.LOS ANGELES --(SPW)--
At its May virtual meeting, SMPTE Hollywood will host a panel of post-production leaders for a lively discussion on the industry’s future through covid 19 and beyond. The free event is slated for Thursday, May 27th at 6:30 p.m. PDT on Zoom.
The past year has challenged the post-production industry in many ways. As communities worldwide entered lockdown, technology manufacturers, post-production service providers and studios had to quickly develop ways to finish projects remotely. Although a sense of normalcy is beginning to return in some regions, remote operations have become ingrained in workflows and may not go away, even when the crisis is over. What forms of remote work are likely to continue? Will post-production specialists no longer work together in the same room or under one roof? Experts from different sectors of the industry will share views on how work in their world has changed forever.
- Adam Imada (Executive Director, Production Post Solutions, Sony Pictures Entertainment) manages a department responsible for deploying and supporting picture editorial systems for the Sony Pictures Motion Picture Group labels Columbia Pictures and Screen Gems, Sony Pictures Television, as well as third party productions. His team also oversees production sound on the lot. Imada has been with the department for over 14 years assisting with hundreds of productions and continues to be energized by the evolving landscape.
- Stephen Shapiro (Manager, Technology Post-Production, Technology Development, Sony Pictures Entertainment) began his career as freelance assistant editor, before transitioning to technology development at Sony Pictures Entertainment, where he applies his expertise in post-production and editorial workflows. He enjoys workflow design and implementation for all aspects of production including visual effects, picture and sound.
- Larry Chernoff (CEO, MTI Film) began his career as a film editor in New York City and since then has helped to found and lead many post production companies in the Los Angeles area, including FilmCore, Encore and RIOT. He went on to become President of 4MC, later Ascent Media Group Creative Services, heading its Los Angeles, New York and London operations. In 2017, the HPA honored him with its Lifetime Achievement Award. Chernoff brought this history and expertise to MTI Film, first as a Board Member in 2003 and then as CEO since 2005. His vision and experience have helped keep MTI Film's flagship products, DRS™ NOVA & CORTEX on the cutting edge of post-production technology. Chernoff's latest endeavor, the MTI Remote Center, provides an infrastructure for Avid editors and assistants working remotely on episodic television.
- Roger Singh (Director of Global Business Development for Media & Entertainment, Nutanix) has more than 15 years of experience in IT and media workflow infrastructure solutions across post-production, distribution, news, sports, film and entertainment environments. His expertise encompasses OTT, VOD, Cloud, CMS and studio solutions. Currently, he leads Nutanix's global Media & Entertainment business strategy and go-to-market solutions.
- Belinda Merritt (Director, Sales & Marketing USA, pixitmedia) has worked in media and entertainment for more than two decades. Highly regarded for honesty, fairness and trustworthiness, she applies her business development and sales strategy skills across the ever-changing digital entertainment landscape. With a keen eye for revolutionary technology, she had aided in the launch of several groundbreaking media workflow solutions, including non-linear finishing tools, digital negative (which laid the foundation for DI) and, more recently SaaS cloud products. At pixitmedia she works at the forefront of hybrid storage and cloud solution workflows.
The event is produced for Hollywood SMPTE by Linda Rosner and Belinda Merritt. The meeting will be preceded by a 20-minute breakout session where attendees can socialize with friends and colleagues in separate rooms.
- What: SMPTE Hollywood May Virtual Meeting: “Post Covid Post”
- When: May 27, 2021, 6:30 p.m. PDT (Social breakout sessions begin at 6:10.)
- Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84391472422
About the SMPTE® Hollywood Section
The Hollywood Section of SMPTE® was initially organized as the West Coast Section in 1928. Today, as its own SMPTE Region, it encompasses more than 1,200 SMPTE Members with a common interest in motion-imaging technology in the Greater Los Angeles area. The Hollywood Section offers free meetings monthly that are open to SMPTE Members and non-members alike. Information about meetings is posted on the Section website at https://www.smpte.org/sections/hollywood.
SMPTE is the global society of media professionals, technologists, and engineers working in the digital entertainment industry. The Society fosters a diverse and engaged membership from both the technology and creative communities, delivering vast educational offerings, technical conferences and exhibitions, the SMPTE Motion Imaging Journal, and access to a rich network of colleagues essential to their career success. As an internationally recognized standards organization, SMPTE also provides a vital technical framework of engineering standards and guidelines that allow the seamless creation, management, and delivery of media for art, entertainment, and education worldwide.
Information on joining SMPTE is available at smpte.org/join.[field_spw_articlevideo2] [field_spw_company_reference]
All content presented within the SHOOT Publicity Wire (SPW) release section only of SHOOTonline.com is that of the submitter. Information from this SHOOT Publicity Wire (SPW) news release and others posted to SPW may be redistributed in part or in whole by members of the media, bloggers, and cinema, TV, entertainment, film, commercial, online video production and post, celebrity fan sites as per SPW Copyright Notice.
This SPW NewsPage Post is powered by SHOOTonline.com.
SHOOT and SHOOTonline are registered trademarks of DCA Business Media LLC.
MySHOOT Company Profiles
Recent and Tags duplicate
Director Antoine Fuqua, Jake Gyllenhaal "Guilty" Of Adapting Their Collaborative Process Due To COVID
Sep 21, 2021
Sep 21, 2021