- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- PDF Back Issues
- Trending Now
- My Membership
SHOOT Unveils 17th Annual New Directors Showcase Class of 2019; 32 Solo Filmmakers, 2 Duos Make Cut; DGA Screening Event Set
- Thursday, May. 9, 2019
Sponsor, Advertising and Registration Details for NDS2019 Showcase Event, May 30th, at the DGA in NYC now available
SHOOT® Magazine, the leading publication for Film, TV & Commercial Production and Post, today announced the names of the 32 individual directors and 2 directing duos who made the final cut to be included in the SHOOT 2019 17th Annual New Directors Showcase.
The debut screening of the Showcase Reel will take place during SHOOT's Annual New Directors Showcase Event on Thursday, May 30th from 5:30-9:30pm at the DGA Theatre in New York City. A special “Meet the Directors” panel and After-Party will follow the Screening. Several panels will take place in the afternoon before the SHOOT New Directors Showcase screening.
See event information (final schedule to be posted by May 17th) and Register For Your Ticket here.
The SHOOT 2019 17th Annual New Directors Showcase includes the following directors:
- Jess Coulter
- Caitlin Cronenberg
- Lisa D'Apolito
- Mary Dauterman
- Bernd Faass
- David Findlay
- Jonny Gentry
- Zack Grant
- Brian Hall
- Rachel Annette Helson
- Alexandra Henry
- Mackenzie Hilton
- Jose Ho-Guanipa
- Crystal Kayiza
- Emmett Kerr-Perkinson
- Ji Hyun Kim
- Nadav Kurtz
- Monty Marsh
- Jonny Mass
- Michael Medoway
- Tamika Miller
- Andre Muir
- Jamieson Mulholland
- Katie O'Grady
- Jane Qian
- RAY SISTERS (Austin and Westin Ray)
- Charlotte Regan
- Alfredo Rodriguez-Allen
- Samantha Scaffidi
- Cuba Tornado Scott
- Dylan Trussell & David Dinetz
- Dimitri Tsvetkov
- Mikael Tyrsen
- Jake Zalutsky
As is the tradition, we’re keeping company affiliations and selected work under wraps until the May/June Issue is published on May 24th. We can tell you that this year’s NDS Class of 2019 is a fantastically diverse group of directors including recent film school grads, agency creatives, experienced cinematographers, photographers and editing talent, and other artisans who are making the transition to director. There are commercials, spec spots, shorts, documentaries, features, promos, music videos and branded content. There's nearly a 50/50 split with 19 male and 17 female directors; 18 have production company affiliations and 18 are currently unaffiliated.
Each year the mix of work on the SHOOT New Directors Showcase Reel is a reflection of the industry at large--as is SHOOT itself as exemplified in our multi-faceted, multi-disciplinary, multi-platform coverage, perhaps most notably our Directors Issues in which profiles of feature, TV and commercial directors reside side by side. As embodied in our coverage and underscoring the relevance of our NDS competition and event, SHOOT’s mission is to connect the worlds of advertising and entertainment while also bringing content creators together with the collaborators who can hire them. On May 31st, the day after the debut screening of this year's reel, SHOOT's New Directors Showcase website will go live where the industry will be able to view the NDS Reel along with individual profile pages on each director with headshot, video of selected work, additional Q&As, and contact information.
High Profile Marketing Opportunities...
SHOOT Magazine's May/June Issue (with Bonus PDF version) Advertising
(Deadlines: Reserve Space by May 14; Ad PDF file due by May 17)
The issue will have a special "New Directors Showcase" Profile Section of mini-profiles of each director that will include company affiliation and information on the work that will be screened during the the 17th Annual New Directors Showcase on Thursday May 30 at the Directors Guild of America Theatre in New York City. If you represent or have worked with a director in the Showcase, this is the ideal opportunity to place a "Congratulations Ad" to bring more attention to them and to your company! It's also a great opportunity for all production companies to promote their rosters, services and/or recent work. This issue is read, kept and referred back to all year long. In addition to SHOOT's regular circulation of production & post decision-makers at Agencies, Brands, Commercial & Entertainment production/post-related cos., movie studios, TV/cable/online networks & independent filmmakers, the issue will have:
Bonus Distribution at 4 Production Industry Events:
- SHOOT New Directors Showcase Event at DGA, NYC
- Basecamp area of the AICP week
- Cine Gear Expo
- Producers Guild (PGA) Produced By L.A. conference
PDF & Digital Bonuses that come with a Print Ad:
- Bonus #1 The PDF version of your Ad will run in the PDF version of the issue posted on SHOOTonline for additional readers to view/download - we embed live link to your website in the PDF version. We'll drive traffic to the PDF version with banner Ads in The SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter for 6 weeks AND email the PDF version to 28,000 opt-in subscribers to bring more attention to the print Advertisers
- Bonus #2 With a Full pg Ad you get space for a 180x150 Banner on the 5/31, 6/7 & 6/14 SHOOT>e.ditions (value: $1,125.) With a ½, 2/3 or 3/4 page Ad you get space for a 180x150 Banner on the 5/31 & 6/7 SHOOT>e.ditions (value: $750.) With a 1/4 or 1/3 Page Ad you get space for a 180x150 Banner on the 5/31 SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter that will have the first coverage of the May 30th event. (value: $375.)
Rates & Specs
- Click Here to request special Ad Rates and get info on all of our advertising options or contact Roberta at 203/227-1699, ext 701.
- Click Here to see all the features planned for the May/June Issue
- Click Here to see PDF version of last year's May/June NDS Issue with profile section & Congrats Ads.
- Click Here to see more samples of past "New Director Congratulations" Ads.
- Click Here for Ad sizes/specs
Become a Sponsor of the May 30th SHOOT New Directors Showcase Event
(Deadline: Reserve Sponsorship by May 16)
Sponsorship provides high-level industry before, during and for a full year after the event! Sponsorship includes branding on all event related promotion & the NDS site for full year, bonus SHOOTonline.com advertising, contact list of all registrants, and opportunity for a company exec to appear on a panel if there's an appropriate fit. There are four levels of sponsorship plus if you have a great party space & and would like to host the after-party we're considering final options in exchange for Event Sponsorship.
- Click Here for Event Sponsorship details
- Click Here to request Sponsor fees or contact Roberta at 203/227-1699, ext 701.
- Click Here and Here for coverage of last year's NDS Event.
- Click Here for photos from the 2018 NDS Event at the DGA and after-party photos (party hosted by/at The Mill).
Confirmed 2019 Event Sponsors include:
- LEAD: The Directors Guild of America (DGA), GARTNER, The Devil You Know
- SILVER: McCann Worldgroup
- BRONZE: charlieuniformtango
- Industry Supporters: Frankfurt Kurnit Klein + Selz
Past Event Sponsors include... Anonymous Content, Argyle Brothers, ARRI, Backyard, Biscuit, brother, charlieuniformtango, Company, Company 3, Crossroads, CT Film Office, Deluxe, Directors Guild of America, Film US Virgin Islands, Form, Gartner, Getty Images, harvest films, Hungry Man, Kodak, Light Iron, Madison + Vine, Method Studios, Montana Film, Office, Moxie Pictures, Nevada Film Office, One at Optimus, Palace Productions/MediaVision, Pump Audio, RSA, Sony, Superlounge, T3 Media, The Devil You Know, The Mill, Tool of NA, West Virginia Film Office, YouTube Red Originals.
We'd love to include you in this special alumni!
Attend the SHOOT New Directors Showcase Event on May 30th at the DGA in NYC Come to the DGA, See The Showcase Reel, Meet The Class of 2019, and enjoy the reception after. Click Here to register to attend the SHOOT 17th Annual New Directors Showcase Event. Join directors, producers, cinematographers, Ad Agency Creative & Production execs, network executives, editors, VFX artists, music editors & other motion picture industry execs & artisans.
About The New Directors Search / Showcase Reel...
Each year SHOOT conducts a worldwide search to discover the best up-and-coming directors who, based on their initial work, show promise to soon make major positive contributions to advertising and/or entertainment in its traditional and emerging forms. This year's search was conducted from January 15-March 31, 2019. Criteria for entry is directing any type of advertising or entertainment content professionally less than 3 years and submitted work must have been produced between January 2018 and March 2019.
Categories of entry:
- Traditional Broadcast: TV Spots, spec work, cinema ads, branded content, music videos, trailers, broadcast promos
- Alternative media content: webisodes, spots created for online, mobile phone content, in-game advertising, advergaming, virals, alternative reality gaming, ads created for PDAs
- Film/TV Entertainment: Feature films, independent films, short films, TV programs.
About SHOOT Magazine / SHOOTonline
SHOOT® Magazine and SHOOTonline are the leading publication and website for film, TV & Commercial Production & Post; edited for agency, cable/TV/Online/Mobile networks and movie & studio creative and production executives, executives at commercial and entertainment production/post companies, brand marketer production executives, independent filmmakers and artisans including directors, cinematographers, editors, colorists, vfx supervisors/artists/animators, composers, sound designers & mixers. Through its "News" and "ScreenWork" sections, "Columns" and in-depth "Features", SHOOT publishes timely news, relevant information and a behind-the-scenes look at the best new work and profiles/interviews with industry news makers. In addition, SHOOT reports on the latest cinematography, post & editing technology and equipment. If the work involves advertising and entertainment motion picture content that consumers view on a screen---a TV screen, Cinema screen, Computer screen, Mobile screen or Game screen, SHOOT is searching out who's doing the most innovative work and what's coming next. For further information please visit www.SHOOTonline.com®. Follow SHOOT on Twitter #SHOOTonline
Information from this SHOOT Publicity Wire release may be redistributed in part or in whole by members of the media, bloggers, and cinema, TV, entertainment, film, commercial, online video production and post,celebrity fan sites.
© 1990 - 2019 DCA Business Media LLC. All rights reserved. SHOOT and SHOOTonline are registered trademarks of DCA Business Media LLC. All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.