- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- PDF Back Issues
- Trending Now
- My Membership
SHOOT Announces December Year-end Issue: "Year In Perspective," "Best Work Of The Year/Top 5 Charts," "The Road To Oscar," "Agency Of The Year," "Top 10 Music & VFX Charts"
- Thursday, Nov. 21, 2019
Droga5 Named Agency of the Year; Road to Oscar coverage to include "Little Women" (Sony Pictures Entertainment/Columbia Pictures), "The Irishman" (Netflix), "Joker" (Warner Bros. Pictures) and More
LOS ANGELES and Westport, CT
SHOOT Magazine, the leading publication for Film, TV & Commercial Production and Post, announced today the issue and closing dates for its December Issue. This high-profile issue will publish on December 13, 2019. The content will appear across all SHOOT Platforms and be published in print & PDF version and SHOOTonline digital version with links to all content will appear in the 12/13 SHOOT >e.dition and SHOOT Dailies email newsletters.
A tradition for 59 years, SHOOT's this end-of-year issue sums up the creative and business highlights of the year with a look at the best work and news that shaped the year. This special issue will put 2019 into context in terms of work, trends, significant developments and lessons learned. It's a must-keep issue that is referenced by a cross-section of the industry. It's an ideal issue in which to place an Ad to promote your company, recent news and/or work, talent roster, services and products. Also great opportunity to thank clients, send holiday message or congratulate SHOOT's Ad Agency of the Year. See below for advertising options.
Here's a look at what's planned for the issue....
Year in Perspective & a Look Ahead by Leading Ad Agency Creative & Production Execs
As the end of the year draws near, SHOOT takes a look at the highs and lows, putting 2019 into context and setting the stage for what might be in the offing for 2020. A cross-section of leading advertising agency creative & production execs reflect on the most important lessons learned, best work produced at their cos this year, and the most significant industry trends, themes and developments to emerge this year with some thoughts for the year ahead.
Here's a look at some the ad agency execs we'll be hearing from...
- Hilary Coate, head of integrated production, Venables Bell & Partners
- Dan Corken, VP, head of production, CP+B
- Karen Costello, chief creative officer,
The Martin Agency
- Leila Gage, head of broadcast production, Goodby Silverstein & Partners
- Mike Kasprow, VP of communications practices, Jackman Reinvents
- Gavin Lester, partner/chief creative officer, Zambezi
- David Rolfe, EVP and director of integrated production, BBDO New York
- Additional names TBA
The Road to Oscar Series, Part 9
SHOOT's 16-part "Road to Oscar" Series continues exploring the backstories, creative challenges and collaborative relationships experienced by notable directors, producers, cinematographers, editors, production designers and other artisans generating Oscar buzz.
In this issue, we'll hear from...
- Director Greta Gerwig, a two-time Oscar nominee for Lady Bird, discusses her collaborators on Little Women (Sony Pictures Entertainment/Columbia Pictures).
- VFX supervisor Pablo Helman of ILM delves into the pioneering de-aging effects deployed in Martin Scorsese's The Irishman (Netflix).
- Cinematographer Lawrence Sher, ASC sheds light on Joker (Warner Bros. Pictures) his latest collaboration with director Todd Phillips.
- Production designer Mark Tildesley reunites with director Fernando Meirelles on The Two Popes (Netflix).
- Additional names TBA
Chat Room Interview
- Two-time Oscar nominated cinematographer Dick Pope, BSC (Mr. Turner, The Illusionist) reflects on his working relationship with director/actor/writer Edward Norton and their latest collaboration, Motherless Brooklyn (Warner Bros.)
Click Here for SHOOT FYC Advertising information
The SHOOT Advertising Agency of the Year for 2019 is Droga5 !!
A long standing tradition, SHOOT will present a special feature on it's pick for Ad Agency of the Year featuring interviews with leading creative and production department heads and key creatives and producers involved in the agencies most challenging and rewarding projects of the year, providing a behind-the-scenes look what makes them Agency of the Year. 2019 has been another eventful, successful year for Droga5, which again exhibited a creative range from the sublime--showing us the "Fearlessness" of The New York Times and the vital role that journalism plays in a democracy--to the charmingly silly, sparking a movement for giving appetite appeal to Apple's bagel emoji with a schmear of Philadelphia Cream Cheese. SHOOT delves into the creative culture which spawns this and other lauded work, what the acquisition of the agency by Accenture means, and the people behind some of the industry's most significant breakthrough fare of the year, including Game of Thrones tie-ins not only with Bud Light on the Super Bowl but also with the American Red Cross on a blood donation drive whereby people were motivated to "bleed for the throne." Among those sharing insights into Droga5 are:
- Jesse Brihn, director of film production
- Tim Gordon, co-chief creative officer
- Additional execs TBA
Whether you've worked with Droga4 or want to work with them, a fantastic way to promote your company is to place a Congratulations Ad...
- Ad Option 1: Join SHOOT in congratulating Droga5 by taking out a 1/4 page to a Full page "Congratulations Ad" (With your print Ad you'll get 1-3 SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter 180x150 banners, depending on the size of your Ad-value of each banner is $375.)
- Ad Option 2: Join in the group Droga5 industry Congratulations Ad by placing your logo on it for $495. (With your participation in the Group Ad comes space for a 180x150 Banner on the 12/13 SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter that will go to 28,000 opt-in subscribers)
Best Work of the Year with SHOOT's "Top 5" of the Year Charts
With 2019 about to enter our rear-view mirror, it's time for reflection on varied fronts, including assessing what work was among the year's most worthwhile creatively. SHOOT publishes its hugely popular end of the year Best Work Wrap-up and Top 5 Charts for...
- Top 5 Spots of the Year
- Top 5 Best Work You May Never See of the Year
- Top 5 VFX & Animation Work of the Year
- Top 5 Music Tracks of the Year
4th Quarter Top Ten Visual Effects & Animation Chart
The last of this year's quarterly VFX & Animation Charts shines a light on some of the top visual effects & animation from the previous 3 months with a behind-the-scenes look at the Chart topping #1 piece of work. Plus our VFX & Animation column including recent news and developments.
4th Quarter Top Ten Music Tracks Chart
The final installment of 2019's quarterly Music & Sound Top Ten Tracks Chart, looking at the best work of the previous 3 months, accompanied by the backstory on the number one entry.
Plus our Music Notes column featuring the latest news and developments in the music production, sound design and audio post arena.
The latest in lensing news and developments spanning projects, incentives and film commissions.
SHOOT December Issue Marketing Opportunities
SHOOT is pleased to offer several very special marketing opportunities for this issue... The end of the year is the ideal time to reach out to industry decision-makers so your company is top-of-mind as they work on their year end and new year projects. It's ideal for promoting your company, roster, projects, services or products. It's great for making announcements or sending holiday/thank you messages. This issue is also ideal for Congratulating The Ad Agency of the Year. And, of course it is also perfectly timed for Academy Season "FYC" Advertising.
Option #1: Print & Banner Discount Rates - a rate for every budget!
Click Here to Request Dec/Jan Print & Digital Rates
- Bonus #1: PDF version of your Ad will appear with live link to your site at no charge in PDF version of issue that is posted on SHOOTonline for additional readers to view/download. The PDF Issue will be emailed to the 28,000 SHOOT>e.dition opt-in subscribers on 12/17 and we'll drive traffic to the PDF version with a banner Ad on The SHOOT>e.dition for six weeks.
- Bonus #2: Place a 1/4 or 1/3 Page Ad and you'll receive space for a 180 x150 Banner on the 12/14 SHOOT>e.dition at no charge ($375. value) Place a 1/2 to a 3/4 Page Ad and you'll receive space for a 180x150 Banner on the 12/14, 12/21 & 12/28 SHOOT>e.ditions. (value: $1,125.) Place a Full Page Ad and you'll receive space for a 180x150 Banner on the 12/15, 12/22 & 12/29 SHOOT>e.ditions (value: $1,125.) -AND- a 300x250 Banner on SHOOTonline.com for 2 weeks: 12/15-12/29 (value: $900.)
Option #2: Join industry group Ad congratulating Droga5 on being selected Ad Agency of the Year: Cost: $495.
Material: Your Logo in EPS format by 12/6/19
Bonus: You'll get space for a 180x150 Banner on the 12/13 SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter that goes to 28,000 opt-in subscribers at no charge (banner value: $375.)
⇒ Final Space Reservations: December 4
⇒ Ad PDF File Due: December 6
⇒ Final AD PDF File Deadline: December 9, 6:00PM PST
Click Here to contact SHOOT for Rates for this special issue.
Click Here for Print Ad Specs
More Great Marketing Options...
Start a 30-day SHOOTonline.com Banner or SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter Banner - Click Here for sample of web version of SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter.
2020 Marketing Proposal
2020 is around the corner - Now is the ideal time to put your 2020 Marketing Plan in Place - Please contact us for your tailored-to-your-needs plan! Great marketing options include SHOOTonline.com website, SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter, SHOOT Custom Email Blasts, SHOOT Magazine with Bonus PDF version, SHOOT 2020 18th Annual New Directors Showcase Event Sponsorship. SHOOT will turn 60 in December 2020 and we'll have all sorts of special things planned throughout the year so reserve your 2020 marketing now to capitalize on the added exposure you'll receive from being part of our 60th Anniversary Year! Contact SHOOT Publisher, Roberta Griefer via email or 203/227-1699, ext 701 to get the ball rolling on 2020.
Become a SHOOT Member & start posting your MySHOOT Profile
Post your Company MySHOOT Profile to promote your company and artisans - directors, DPs, Editors, VFX artists, Music talent & more. It's easy to get started--simply become a SHOOT Member. Company and Individual memberships available. As soon as you become a member you can post your profile and take advantage of the other benefits of membership. Join the SHOOT members who have already posted their Company Profiles; including harvest films, charlieuniformtango, Digital Domain, ALTERED.LA, Hiatus and Spittn Image.
Once your profile is posted, SHOOT will run your logo and individual artisan head shots on SHOOTonline.com and our ePubs providing thousands of $ worth of promotion throughout the year! This priceless promotion will further help to connect potential clients directly to your company and individual MySHOOT Profiles!!
The SHOOT Publicity Wire Service
Find Out Here how to post your own "News Release" with Photos, Links & Video ($60.) or a "Video Release" with new work, description & credits ($20.) on The SHOOT Publicity Wire.
The SPW is self-service; once you post your release, it will go live on the SPW & SHOOTonline with links to it going out in Brand New[s], The SHOOT Dailies and The SHOOT>e.dition email newsletters, RSS Feed & social media.
For more information on SHOOT's Marketing Opportunities, ad rates & space reservations, please contact SHOOT Publisher, Roberta Griefer via email or 203/227-1699, ext 701.
About SHOOT Magazine / SHOOTonline
SHOOT® Magazine and SHOOTonline® are the leading publication and website for Film, TV & Commercial Production and Post; edited for agency, movie & studio creative and production executives, executives at commercial and entertainment production/post companies, TV/Online/Mobile networks, brand marketer production executives, independent filmmakers and artisans including directors, cinematographers, editors, colorists, vfx supervisors/artists/animators, composers, sound designers & mixers. Through its "News" and "ScreenWork" sections, "Columns" and in-depth "Features", SHOOT publishes timely news, relevant information and a behind-the-scenes look at the best new work, profiles/interviews with industry news makers, film festival, award shows and industry events. In addition, SHOOT reports on the latest cinematography, post & editing technology and equipment. If the work involves advertising or entertainment motion picture content that consumers view on a screen---a TV screen, Cinema screen, Computer screen, Mobile screen or Game screen, SHOOT is searching out who's doing the most innovative work and what's coming next. For further information please visit www.SHOOTonline.com®
Information from this SHOOT Publicity Wire release may be redistributed in part or in whole by members of the media, bloggers, and cinema, TV, entertainment, film, commercial, online video production and post,celebrity fan sites.© 1990 - 2019 DCA Business Media LLC. All rights reserved. SHOOT and SHOOTonline are registered trademarks of DCA Business Media LLC. All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.