- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- PDF Back Issues
- Trending Now
- My Membership
SHOOT Announces Fourth Quarter Marketing Opportunities And Oct/Nov Print/PDF Issue Line-up, Deadlines And Distribution
- Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2018
Issue Content to Include Leading & Up-And-Coming Directors Profiles, DPs Feature, Road To Oscar Series Kick-off, Top Ten Music Tracks & VFX Charts
LOS ANGELES & Westport, CT
SHOOT® is pleased to announce the content lineup for the SHOOT Magazine October/November print issue scheduled to be in readers' hands the week of October 29 with PDF version going live on SHOOTonline.com on October 26. All content from print issues appears in PDF version and digital version with links to all articles, profiles, charts and interviews going out in the SHOOT>e.dition and SHOOT Dailies email newsletters. Special Marketing Opportunities for this issue include discount rates and digital bonuses outlined below. The Issue provides an ideal opportunity to to promote company news, new work, talent roster, production/post/editorial/VFX & Animation and Music & Sound Services, FYC messages, Locations, Cameras & Workflow Solutions. SHOOT provides a highly-conducive environment for advertising, one filled with valuable information, thought-provoking commentary, the highest level of talent & work and the excitement of new talent. It's one that industry decision-makers at Ad Agencies, Brands, Cable/TV Networks, OTT Services, Movie Studios & other production/post-related companies consistently turn to to learn about companies they may want to connect with.
Here's a look at the Issue's Distribution, Content Line-up and Marketing Options / Bonuses...
Print Issue Distribution
In addition to SHOOT's regular Print Issue circulation, the October/November Issue will have Bonus Distribution at:
- American Film Market (AFM) Location Expo, Santa Monica
- Producers Guild (PGA) Produced By NY, NYC
- Hollywood Professional Alliance (HPA) Awards, Los Angeles
Bonus: The PDF version of Print Ads will run with live link to advertiser's website in the PDF version of the Issue that will be posted on SHOOTonline.com on 10/26 for additional readers to view/download. SHOOT will drive traffic to the PDF version with banner Ads in the SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter for six weeks after the issue is published & email the PDF Issue to the 28,000 opt-in SHOOT>e.dition subscribers on 10/30 to bring even more attention to the print issue advertisers. See info on additional bonuses below.
Leading Directors Profile Section
Leading film, TV & commercial directors share perspectives on recent work, collaborative relationships and much more! Among those profiled will be:
- Lance Acord of Park Pictures sheds light on his commercialmaking, including Nike's recently released Colin Kaepernick anthem, and his upcoming first foray into feature film directing.
- Paul Greengrass, an Best Directing Oscar nominee for United 93 and recipient of a DGA Award nod for Captain Phillips, discusses 22 July (Netflix), his feature that’s already in the Academy Awards conversation.
- John Hillcoat shares insights into "Corazon", the film for Montefiore hospital out of agency JohnXHannes which earned Cannes Health & Wellness Grand Prix distinction as well as a Cannes Entertainment Gold Lion. Hillcoat directs commercials and branded content via production house Serial Pictures.
- Tamara Jenkins discusses her feature film, Private Life (Netflix), starring Paul Giamatti and Kathryn Hahn.
- Sam Taylor-Johnson reflects on A Million Little Pieces (Warner Bros), which brought her to this year's Toronto International Film Festival. She continues to be handled for spots and branded content by Hey Wonderful.
- Yorgos Lanthimos, a Best Original Screenplay Oscar nominee for his English-language directorial debut The Lobster, discusses his latest feature The Favourite (Fox Searchlight), his collaborators on that film, and the allure of spots and branded content (for which he recently joined Superprime Films in the U.S.)
- Jake Scott reflects on American Woman (Sony Pictures), his feature which debuted at the Toronto International Film Festival. Scott also delves into how his commercialmaking at RSA informs his feature endeavors.
- Malik Vitthal of The Corner Shop discusses his Emmy-winning Procter & Gamble spot "The Talk"
Leading DPs take us behind-the-scenes on recent shoots and discuss the directors they worked with, their camera choices and more. Among those we will hear from are...
- Jeff Cronenweth, ASC who lensed director Sam Taylor-Johnson’s A Million Little Pieces (Warner Bros), which made its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival. Cronenweth is a two-time Oscar nominee for his cinematography of the David Fincher films The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and The Social Network.
- Xavier Grobet, ASC, AMC, reflects on lensing on of Facebook's first original content projects, "Sorry For Your Loss".
- Chayse Irvin, CSC, discusses his lensing of BlacKkKlansman (Focus Features) and collaborating with director Spike Lee.
- Giles Nuttgens, BSC, lensed two films which recently debuted at the Toronto Fest--director Wash Westmoreland's Colette (30West) and Michael Winterbottom's The Wedding Guest (Sony Pictures).
The longstanding SHOOT tradition of searching out new talent continues with this feature interviewing a select group of emerging directors. We keep the names of these directors under wraps until the issue is published - always worth the wait!
We can however tell you a bit about them..
>A feature filmmaker who recently wrapped her first commercial, an empowering piece for Nike.
>A director who's meshing art and science to great effect, reflected in her work garnering a recent Grand Prix in VR at the Venice Film Festival.
>An emerging talent who first established himself as a VFX supervisor before showcasing his directorial wherewithal with a whimsical music and dance short that's scored on the festival circuit.
>And a still photographer who diversified into directing music videos and recently turned out her first spot, which poignantly tells the plight of a woman coping with mental illness.
The Road to Oscar Series - the Prequel
Meet some of the directors, DPs, editors, production designers, composers and other artisans already generating buzz for the 2018/2019 Academy Season. The Prequel sets the stage for this year's 15-part SHOOT Road to Oscar Series kicking off on 11/9. Among those offering insights will be...
- Editor Barry Alexander Brown, who enjoys a longstanding working relationship with filmmaker Spike Lee, discusses their latest collaboration, BlacKkKlansman (Focus Features).
- Costume designer Ruth Carter, a two-time Academy Award nominee (Amistad, Malcolm X), reflects on Black Panther (Walt Disney Studios), which once again has her in the Oscar conversation.
- Costume designer Sandy Powell, a three-time Oscar winner (The Aviator, Shakespeare In Love, The Young Victoria) discusses The Favourite (Fox Searchlight), which marks her first collaboration with director Yorgos Lanthimos.
- Cinematographer Linus Sandgren, FSF, an Academy Award winner for La La Land, is once again in the Oscar coversation for another Damien Chazelle-directed feature, First Man (Universal Pictures).
SHOOT Quarterly Top Ten VFX & Animation Chart
Plus a behind-the-scenes look at the Number 1 entry and latest news & developments from the worlds of Visual Effects & Animation.
SHOOT Quarterly Top Music Tracks Chart
And a look at the backstory behind the #1 entry plus the latest Music & Sound Industry news.
Chat Room Interview
Sharon Horgan, an Emmy nominee for her comedy writing on Catastrophe, the Amazon series she co-created, shares insights into her feature, TV, spot and branded content exploits via companies Merman and Mermade.
Hot Locations Column
Film commission, lensing and incentive developments impacting feature, TV, commercial, music video, short film and interactive production.
SHOOT Marketing Opportunities
SHOOT connects commercial & entertainment buyers & sellers of creative, production, postproduction & business services to the latest industry news & trends, best new work and EACH OTHER!! In today's highly competitive environment, getting noticed by production and postproduction decision-makers at Agencies, Brands, TV/Cable/Online/Mobile Networks, and movie studios and by executives and artisans at production & post companies is no easy feat. Because your potential clients read SHOOTonline, The SHOOT>e.dition, The SHOOT Dailies and SHOOT Magazine to stay connected to what's going on in the industry and to learn about resources and options important to their everyday business and future growth, marketing in SHOOT ensures that your message will reach them. Advertise with SHOOT and/or take advantage of our other great marketing opportunities to let prospective clients know why they should connect with you. SHOOT's audience includes...
- At Agencies: Ad Agency Chief Creative Officers, Creative Directors & other creative titles, Heads of Production/Integrated Production, All levels of Producers, Heads of Music Production
- At Brands: Brand managers, production & marketing execs
- At Movie studios, TV/Cable/Online networks/OTT Services: Production, Post & marketing execs
- At Independent filmmakers & production, post, editing, VFX, animation, music & sound companies: Executives & Artisans, including, Owners, Managing Directors, Exec Producers, Producers, Showrunners, Directors, Cinematographers, Editors, Colorists, Visual Effects Supervisors /artists, Animation artists, Production Designers, Composers, Sound Designers, Audio Mixers, etc
Decide on your Marketing Message & create your 1/4 page to Full Page Ad...
Market your established company; announce your company launch, new division, new location, new partner, new hires; promote your full talent roster or individual experienced or emerging artisans; showcase new work, creative & business services, hardware & software sales & rental; announce industry award & film fest nominations and honors. "For Your Consideration," "Thank You," and "Congratulations" become effective marketing messages within SHOOT's print and digital pages. Your Ad in SHOOT provides a high-impact direct link to the decision-makers you need to reach. Our digital and print platforms are packed with informative, timely & relevant news and features exploring the wonderful, crazy, challenging and exhilarating industry you are part of, providing an ideal environment that is highly conducive to your brand identity, sales, call to action and announcement messages!
...then let us help you promote it in your SHOOT Platform of Choice
Reach potential clients in the SHOOT print and digital formats they connect with every day. Whether you combine print & digital for a powerful integrated marketing approach or choose one platform to concentrate on, we can help you put together a tailor-made and cost-effective campaign to reach them.
Here's a look at SHOOT's High-Profile Marketing Options....
- ► Opportunity #1:
October/November Issue Print Ad with Bonus PDF version & banner advertising
October/November Issue Advertising Deadlines:
Final Space Reservations: Contact SHOOT for available space
Ad PDF Files Due: October 19 (final extension 10/22)
Click Here to contact SHOOT for Rates for this special issue.
Click Here for Print Ad Specs
Bonus #1: PDF version of your Ad will appear with live link to your site at no charge in PDF version of issue that is posted on SHOOTonline for additional readers to view/download. SHOOT will drive traffic to PDF version with banner Ads for six weeks after the issue is published and email the full PDF version to the SHOOT>e.dition's 28,000 opt-in subscribers on 10/30.
1. Place a 1/4 or 1/3 Page Ad and you'll receive space for a 180 x150 Banner on the 10/26 SHOOT>e.dition at no charge ($375. value)
2. Place a 1/2, 2/3 or a 3/4 Page Ad and you'll receive space for a 180x150 Banner on the 10/26 SHOOT>e.dition & 10/29 Director's & DP's SHOOT>e.dition. (value: $750.)
3. BEST VALUE...Place a Full Page Ad and you'll receive space for a 180x150 Banner on the 10/26, 10/29 & 11/2 SHOOT>e.ditions -AND- a 300x250 Banner on SHOOTonline.com for 2 weeks: 10/26-11/9 (total value: $2,025.!!)
- Opportunity #2: Content Marketing Package
Let SHOOT help you tell your story with a company profile or feature that will run across all digital and print platforms. The following marketing elements are included...
1. One or two-page artice with either a 1/4 page or 1/2 page Ad to be published in SHOOT Magazine Print Issue. SHOOT editor will interview company executive to create the content.
2. PDF version of of Profile with Ad & live link to company website will run in PDF version of Issue posted on SHOOTonlineor readers to view/download. The Issue's PDF version will also be emailed to 28,000 opt-in subscribers.
3. Digital version of the content portion will be published on SHOOTonline with links to it going out in The SHOOT>e.diton and SHOOT Dailies email newsletters.
4. Space for a 180x150 banner on four SHOOT>e.dition email newsletters starting week the issue is out and digital version goes live. File formats: JPEG, GIF or Animated GIF – max file size: 50K.
5. Space for a 300x250 banner to run on SHOOTonline.com for 30 days
6. PDF Reprint
7. 10 Copies of the Print Issue
- Single Page Marketing Package: $4,000. net (rate card value: $7,250. net)
- Two Pages Marketing Package: $5,500. net (rate card value: $11,150. net)
- Click Here for Sample of 1 Page profile with 1/4 page Ad for AFS Productions:
- Click Here for Samples of 1 Page profiles with 1/2 page Ads for Levithan, Optimus, Troll Pictures, Foundation, Flavor, Hybrid Edit
- Click Here for Sample of a Two Page feature with 1/2 page Ad for The Mill
- Click Here for Content Marketing Reservation Form
Become a SHOOT Member & start posting your MySHOOT Profile
Post your Company MySHOOT Profile to promote your company and artisans - directors, DPs, Editors, VFX artists, Music talent & more. It's easy to get started--simply become a SHOOT Member. Company and Individual memberships available. As soon as you become a member you can post your profile and take advantage of the other benefits of membership. Join the SHOOT members who have already posted their Company Profiles; here's a look at some of our Production, VFX, Editorial & Production Services members: harvest films, charlieuniformtango, Digital Domain, Altered.LA, PSN, Hiatus and Spittn Image.
Spend just hundreds $ per year to receive thousands of $ worth of promotion
MySHOOT Profiles come with priceless promotion on SHOOTonline & on all of our email newslettters to help connect potential clients directly to your company and individual MySHOOT Profiles!!
Click Here to see membership options
Click Here to visit MySHOOT
The SHOOT Publicity Wire Service
Find Out Here how to post your own "News Release" with Photos, Links & Video ($60.) or a "Video Release" with new work, description & credits ($20.) on The SHOOT Publicity Wire.
The SPW is self-service; once you post your release, it will go live on the SPW & SHOOTonline with links to it going out in Brand New[s], The SHOOT Dailies and The SHOOT>e.dition email newsletters, RSS Feed & social media.
Click Here for SPW Home Page
SHOOT FREE Classifieds
SHOOT has relaunched its hugely popular classified section in Digital format!
Click Here for information.
For more information on SHOOT's 4th Quarter Marketing Opportunities, ad rates & space reservations, please contact SHOOT Publisher, Roberta Griefer via email or 203/227-1699, ext 701.
About SHOOT Magazine / SHOOTonline
SHOOT® Magazine and SHOOTonline® are the leading publication and website for entertainment and commercials motion picture production & postproduction; edited for agency, movie & studio creative and production executives, executives at commercial and entertainment production/post companies, TV/Online/Mobile networks, brand marketer production executives, independent filmmakers and artisans including directors, cinematographers, editors, colorists, vfx supervisors/artists/animators, composers, sound designers & mixers. Through its "News" and "ScreenWork" sections, "Columns" and in-depth "Features", SHOOT publishes timely news, relevant information and a behind-the-scenes look at the best new work, profiles/interviews with industry news makers, film festival, award shows and industry events. In addition, SHOOT reports on the latest cinematography, post & editing technology and equipment. If the work involves advertising or entertainment motion picture content that consumers view on a screen---a TV screen, Cinema screen, Computer screen, Mobile screen or Game screen, SHOOT is searching out who's doing the most innovative work and what's coming next. For further information please visit www.SHOOTonline.com®
Information from this SHOOT Publicity Wire release may be redistributed in part or in whole by members of the media, bloggers, and cinema, TV, entertainment, film, commercial, online video production and post, celebrity fan sites.
© 1990 - 2018 DCA Business Media LLC. All rights reserved. SHOOT and SHOOTonline are registered trademarks of DCA Business Media LLC. All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.