- Wednesday, Mar. 13, 2019
SHOOT is pleased to announce the content lineup for it's first semi-annual Directors and Cinematographers Issue of 2019. The PDF version of the Issue will be posted on SHOOTonline on March 29 and emailed to 28,000 opt-in subscribers on 4/1. The print issue will be in readers' hands the week of 4/1. The production and post industry has been enjoying these special issues dating back to the publication's launch in 1960. Today there's the added benefit of all content that's published in a print issue also appears in PDF version and digital version with links to all the articles and profiles going out in the SHOOT>e.dition and SHOOT Dailies email newsletters. Special Marketing Opportunities for this issue include discount rates and digital bonuses.
Here's a look at the Issue's Editorial Line-up, Distribution and Marketing Options...
Profiles: Leading Directors
Leading Directors Profiles: SHOOT readers will be inspired and entertained by the commercial & entertainment directors profiled...
- Lauren Greenfield, a two-time DGA Award nominee who recently launched Girl Culture Films, a company focused on amplifying female and diverse voices in the advertising world. Greenfield herself continues to be handled by Chelsea Pictures for commercials and branded content.
- Matthew Heineman, lauded documentarian, reflects on his auspicious narrative feature debut, the critically acclaimed A Private War. Heineman also directs spots and branded content via Superprime Films.
- Spike Jonze of MJZ, winner of this year's DGA Award for Outstanding Achievement in Commercials on the strength of Apple Homepod's "Welcome Home" out of TBWA\Media Arts Lab.
- Adam McKay, an Oscar and DGA nominee this year for Vice, discusses Succession, the HBO series he exec produces and for which the "Celebration" episode recently won him the DGA Award for Outstanding Directorial Achievement In Dramatic TV Series.
- Ramaa Mosley, who's mentored assorted directors, discusses her being mentored by Lesli Linka Glatter as well as NBC's Female Forward program which culminated in her directing an episode of Blindspot. Mosley's third feature film was recently released and she is handled for commercials by Station Film.
- Floyd Russ reflects on his body of work inspired by a sense of purpose, including his recent IDA Documentary Award win for ZION as Best Short, his Shaquem Griffin spot for Gillette, and global skincare brand SK-II's acclaimed "Meet Me Halfway" initiative.
- Sir Ridley Scott, four-time Oscar nominee (The Martian, Black Hawk Down, Gladiator, Thelma & Louise) discusses his return to the commercial directing chair with work for Hennessy and Turkish Airlines via RSA Films. Scott also reflects on his recent first directorial turn on a U.S. television primetime series.
- Additional directors to be announced.
Chat Room Interview: Director John Lee Hancock,
whose filmography includes "The Blind Side", "Saving Mr. Banks" & "The Founder", discusses his latest feature, "The Highway Men" (Netflix), starring Kevin Costner & Woody Harrelson.
Cinematographers & Cameras
Leading cinematographers share backstory on recent work, relationship with directors and reasons behind camera choices.
- Darren Lew discusses lensing the Netflix series Maniac and collaborating with director Cary Fukunaga.
- Arlene Nelson reflects on her experience lensing the eight-part docuseries for Amazon Prime, "This Giant Beast That is the Global Economy", from EPs Adam McKay and Will Ferrell.
- Ben Smithard, BSC reunites with director Gurinder Chadra on "Blinded by the Light", which made a major mark at this year's Sundance Film Festival.
- Newton Thomas Sigel, ASC talks about his BAFTA Film Award-nominated work on "Bohemian Rhapsody".
The Emmys: Awards Preview
With Academy Awards season in the rear view mirror, the Emmy Awards season is approaching with the entries deadline set for May 6. SHOOT takes a look at what to expect for the 71st Primetime Emmy Awards competition which includes new and restructured awards categories. We'll also take a look at some of the shows that have already scored on this season's awards show circuit, boding well for their Emmy prospects, including:
- Free Solo (National Geographic), winner of the Best Feature Documentary Oscar
- The Kominsky Method (Netflix), Golden Globe winner for Best Comedy or Musical Series
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon Prime) the Producers Guild Award winner for Best Episodic Comedy, the SAG Award for Best Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy TV Series
- Succession (HBO), DGA Award for Adam McKay
- Escape at Dannemora (Showtime), the Golden Globe for Best Limited Series, DGA Award for Ben Stiller
SHOOT's long-time tradition of bringing great rising talent to the attention of our readers continues. We keep names under wraps until the issue is out, but here's a peek at some of the directors profiled...
- A director whose first U.S. projects garnered Grammy recognition as well as an ad slot in this year's Super Bowl telecast.
- A former agency creative director who's landed her first production house roost and has already settled successfully into the director's chair.
- An artisan whose work on an ambitious global documentary campaign honed his people/storytelling skills and eventually led to what's shaping up as a broad-based directorial career spanning comedy and emotionally resonant fare.
- A director whose recent endeavors span 2nd unit work on a major feature, his first primetime TV series, and a mix of ad fare that includes sponsor tie-ins to major Marvel theatrical releases as well as stand-alone commercials.
- And an artist who brings a stellar familiy filmmaking lineage and an accomplished track record as an illustrator to the table, translating into an impressive directorial debut with a short film that's currently part of a global exhibition.
1st Quarter "Top Ten Visual Effects & Animation" Chart
The first of this year's quarterly VFX & Animation Charts shines a light on some of the top visual effects & animation from the previous 3 months with a behind-the-scenes look at the Chart topping #1 piece of work. Plus VFX & Animation column: recent news and developments.
1st Quarter "Top Ten Music Tracks" Chart
The first installment of 2018's quarterly Music & Sound Top Ten Tracks Chart, looking at the best work of the previous 3 months, accompanied by the backstory on the number one entry. Plus Music Notes column: the latest news and developments in the music production, sound design and audio post arena.
The latest in lensing news & developments spanning projects, incentives and film commissions.
March/April Issue Advertising Deadlines
- Space Reservations: March 19
- Ad PDF Files Due: March 22 (final extension 3/25)
In addition to SHOOT's regular Print Issue circulation, the March/April Issue will have Bonus Distribution at:
NAB, AICP Post Awards, AMP Awards
Print Advertiser Bonus #1:
- PDF version of your Ad will appear with live link to your site at no charge in PDF version of issue that will be posted on SHOOTonline pn 3/29 for additional readers to view/download. SHOOT will drive traffic to PDF version with banner Ads for six weeks after the issue is published and email the full PDF version to the SHOOT>e.dition's 28,000 opt-in subscribers on 4/1.
Print Advertiser Bonus #2:
- Place a 1/4 or 1/3 Page Ad and you'll receive space for a 180 x150 Banner on the 3/29 SHOOT>e.dition at no charge ($375. value)
- Place a 1/2 to a 3/4 Page Ad and you'll receive space for a 180x150 Banner on the 3/29 SHOOT>e.dition & 4/1 Director's & DP's SHOOT>e.dition. (value: $750.)
- Place a Full Page Ad and you'll receive space for a 180x150 Banner on the 3/29, 4/1 & 4/5 SHOOT>e.ditions (value: $1,125.) -AND- a 300x250 Banner on SHOOTonline.com for 2 weeks: 3/29-4/12 (value: $1,050.)
More Great SHOOT Marketing Options...
SHOOT connects commercial & entertainment buyers & sellers of creative, production, postproduction & business services to the latest industry news & trends, best new work and EACH OTHER!! In today's highly competitive environment, getting noticed by production and postproduction decision-makers at Agencies, Brands, TV/Cable/Online/Mobile Networks, and movie studios and by executives and artisans at production & post companies is no easy feat. Because your potential clients read SHOOTonline, The SHOOT>e.dition, The SHOOT Dailies and SHOOT Magazine to stay connected to what's going on in the industry and to learn about resources and options important to their everyday business and future growth, marketing in SHOOT ensures that your message will reach them. Advertise with SHOOT and/or take advantage of our other great marketing opportunities to let prospective clients know why they should connect with you. SHOOT's audience includes...
- At Agencies: Ad Agency Chief Creative Officers, Creative Directors & other creative titles, Heads of Production/Integrated Production, All levels of Producers, Heads of Music Production
- At Brands: Brand managers, production & marketing execs
- At Movie studios, TV/Cable/Online networks/OTT Services: Production, Post & marketing execs
- At Independent filmmakers & production, post, editing, VFX, animation, music & sound companies: Executives & Artisans, including, Owners, Managing Directors, Exec Producers, Producers, Showrunners, Directors, Cinematographers, Editors, Colorists, Visual Effects Supervisors /artists, Animation artists, Production Designers, Composers, Sound Designers, Audio Mixers, etc
Choose Your Marketing Message...
Market your established company; announce your company launch, new division, new location, new partner, new hires; promote your full talent roster or individual experienced or emerging artisans; showcase new work, creative & business services, hardware & software sales & rental; announce industry award & film fest nominations and honors. "For Your Consideration," "Thank You," and "Congratulations" become effective marketing messages within SHOOT's print and digital pages. Your Ad in SHOOT provides a high-impact direct link to the decision-makers you need to reach. Our digital and print platforms are packed with informative, timely & relevant news and features exploring the wonderful, crazy, challenging and exhilarating industry you are part of, providing an ideal environment that is highly conducive to your brand identity, sales, call to action and announcement messages!
...then let us help you promote it in your SHOOT Platform of Choice
Reach potential clients in the SHOOT print and digital formats they connect with every day. Whether you combine print & digital for a powerful integrated marketing approach or choose one platform to concentrate on, we can help you put together a tailor-made and cost-effective campaign to reach them.
Run a 30-day SHOOTonline.com Banner or SHOOT>e.dition (weekly email newsletter) Banner
Content Marketing Package:
Let SHOOT help you tell your story with a company profile or feature that will run across all digital and print platforms.
The following marketing elements are included...
- One or two-page artice with either a 1/4 page or 1/2 page Ad to be published in SHOOT Magazine Print Issue. SHOOT editor will interview company executive to create the content.
- PDF version of of Profile with Ad & live link to company website will run in PDF version of Issue posted on SHOOTonlineor readers to view/download. The Issue's PDF version will also be emailed to 28,000 opt-in subscribers.
- Digital version of the content portion will be published on SHOOTonline with links to it going out in The SHOOT>e.diton and SHOOT Dailies email newsletters.
- Space for a 180x150 banner on four SHOOT>e.dition email newsletters starting week the issue is out and digital version goes live. File formats: JPEG, GIF or Animated GIF – max file size: 50K.
- Space for a 300x250 banner to run on SHOOTonline.com for 30 days
- PDF Reprint
- 10 Copies of the Print Issue
Single Page Marketing Package: $4,000. net (rate card value: $7,250. net)
Two Pages Marketing Package: $6,500. net (rate card value: $11,150. net)
Click Here for Sample of 1 Page profile with 1/4 page Ad for AFS Productions:
Click Here for Samples of 1 Page profiles with 1/2 page Ads for Levithan, Optimus, Troll Pictures, Foundation, Flavor, Hybrid Edit:
Click Here for Sample of a Two Page feature with 1/2 page Ad for The Mill
Click Here for Content Marketing Reservation Form
Become a SHOOT Member & start posting your MySHOOT Profile
Post your Company MySHOOT Profile to promote your company and artisans - directors, DPs, Editors, VFX artists, Music talent & more. It's easy to get started--simply become a SHOOT Member. Company and Individual memberships available. As soon as you become a member you can post your profile and take advantage of the other benefits of membership. Join the SHOOT members who have already posted their Company Profiles - click here to see members who have already posted their profile.
The SHOOT Publicity Wire Service
The self-serve/easy to use servuce to post a full news release with content, up to 8 photos, hot links & video for $60. or to post a video release with video, description and credits for $20. Distribution of all releases includes SHOOTonline Mobile App and SHOOT's opt-in ePubs (SPW Media Alerts, Brand New[s], SHOOT Dailies, SHOOT>e.dition) SHOOTonline.com site placement, archiving and indexing, RSS Feeds, social feeds to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and mobile SMS dynamic feed,and search engine optimization (SEO) for Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.
Click Here for SPW information, please visit: http://pr.shootonline.com/
Click Here for SPW Home Page, please visit: https://shootonline.com/spw/home
Click Here for SPW categories you can post under., please visit: https://shootonline.com/spw-categories
Become a Sponsor of the 2019 SHOOT 17th Annual New Directors Showcase Event
Join SHOOT on May 30th at the DGA in NYC as a Sponsor of this year's event. Sponsorship provides high-profile industry exposure before, during and for a full year after the event.
Click Here for Sponsor details. (Special early bird sponsor fees with digital bonus available until 3/31/19)
For more information, ad rates & space reservations, please contact SHOOT Publisher, Roberta Griefer.