- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- PDF Back Issues
- Trending Now
- My Membership
SHOOT Awards Season Features & Road To Oscar Series Kicks Off With Special Features, Profiles and 16-Part Road to Oscar Series; FYC Marketing Opportunities Announced
- Friday, Oct. 18, 2019
Initial coverage to include "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood," "Clemency," "Ford v. Ferrari," "Jojo Rabbit," "Judy," "Late Night," "Lighthouse," "Once Upon a Time....in Hollywood," "Parasite," "The Farewell," "The Report," "The Two Popes" And More
LOS ANGELES and Westport, CT
With the Awards Season about to kick off, SHOOT® launches its 2019/2020 16-week "Road to Oscar" Series" on SHOOTonline today and will run weekly through the Academy Awards. Each installment will be published on SHOOTonline with links to them going out in the SHOOT Dailies and SHOOT>e.dition email newsletters. Parts 2, 9 and 15 will also be published in SHOOT Magazine's Print & PDF Issues. The special annual "Road to Oscar" series places a spotlight on the producers, directors, documentarians, cinematographers, editors, production designers, visual effects supervisors, composers and other artisans in the running for Academy Awards. Each feature explores the backstories, creative challenges and collaborative relationships experienced by notable artisans generating Oscar buzz.
- Click Here for the 2019/2020 "Road to Oscar" Series Schedule
- Click Here for the digital version of today's Part I "Road to Oscar" feature
- Click Here to see the digital versions of past "Road to Oscar" installments
- Click Here to see the print version of a past "Road to Oscar" installment
Additional related SHOOT coverage during Awards Season will include the award season’s festival circuit, Industry and Guild Award Shows leading up to the Oscars®(including the ACE, ADG, ASC, CAS, CDG, DGA, PGA, SAG, VES and WGA Awards, BAFTA, Golden Globes®, Independent Spirit Awards.) We’ll talk to assorted artists and production execs, gaining insights into the challenges they faced on their nominated films, documentaries and programs. Preview articles will include assessments of Oscar prospects for nominees, as well as a look at trends in this year’s competition. Note: For Awards Shows deadlines, updates, & contact information visit SHOOT's Award Shows Timeline Organizer.
Here's a look at what's coming up in SHOOT's October/November Print Issue (with bonus PDF version)
Below is a look at the Road to Oscar Part 2 feature and related content that will be published on 10/25 in SHOOT Magazine's October/November Print Issue (with bonus PDF version) and on SHOOTonline, with links them going out in the 10/25 SHOOT Dailies and SHOOT>e.dition.
This issue is ideal for kicking off FYC Marketing campaigns.
Final Space Reservations: contact SHOOT to see if there's any space availability
Final Ad Material Deadline: Monday, October 21, 5:00PM PT
Print Advertiser Bonus:
PDF version of Print Ad will run with live link to your FYC site in PDF version of Issue that will be posted on SHOOTonline on 10/25 for additional readers to view/download -AND- the full PDF version will be emailed to 28,000 opt-in subscribers on 10/29.
Features, Profiles & Interviews...
The Road to Oscar, Part 2
This 16-part series looks at some of the execs, artisans and films already generating Oscar buzz. This installment will feature several directors, DPs and production designer...
- Rupert Goold, director of Judy (Roadside Attractions) featuring a tour de force performance by Renee Zellweger as Judy Garland.
- Oscar-nominated cinematographer Phedon Papamichael, ASC reflects on lensing Ford v. Ferrari (20th Century Fox).
- Production designer Barbara Ling discusses her first collaboration with writer-director Quentin Tarantino: Once Upon a Time....in Hollywood (Sony-Columbia Pictures).
- Cinematographer Mihai Malaimare Jr. reflects on lensing director Taika Waititi's Jojo Rabbit (Fox Searchlight), the Audience Award winner at the Toronto International Film Festival.
- Leading Director Profiles
- SHOOT profiles major directors; many have already made or appear poised to make their mark on the awards show circuit for their short and long-form fare. Slated in the profile mix are...
- Chinonye Chukwu whose Clemency (Neon) is in the Oscar conversation after winning the Grand Jury Award in the U.S. Dramatic Competition at this year's Sundance Film Festival.
- Robert Eggers--who earned Best First Feature and Best Screenplay Film Independent Spirit Awards in 2017 for The Witch--reflects on his 2nd motion picture, The Lighthouse (A24), which made a major splash at this year's Cannes Film Festival.
- Nisha Ganatra--a Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-nominated director for Transparent, and whose feature directorial debut Late Night (Amazon) scored impressively at Sundance.
- Marielle Heller adds to her track record of directing tour de force performances (Melissa McCarthy and Richard E. Grant in Can You Ever Forgive Me?), directing Tom Hanks as Mr. Rogers in A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (Sony Pictures).
- Bong Joon Ho, writer-director of Parasite (Neon), this year's Palme d'Or winner at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Dan Krauss (a two-time Oscar nominee for the doc. shorts The Death of Kevin Carter and Extremis) sheds light on his feature documentary 5B, which premiered at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Lulu Wang discusses her acclaimed film, The Farewell (A24), which sparked a bidding war earlier this year at the Sundance Film Festival.
Leading cinematographers discuss recent work, collaborative relationships with directors and recent camera choices. They include...
- Natasha Braier, ASC, ADF discusses lensing the Alma Har'el-directed feature Honey Boy, which is making a major mark on the festival circuit.
- Paul Cameron, ASC--an Emmy and ASC Award nominee for Westworld, shares insights into shooting his latest feature, 21 Bridges (STX Entertainment), directed by Brian Kirk.
- Checco Varese, ASC sheds light on his lensing of the recently released box office topper It: Chapter Two (Warner Bros. Pictures).
Chat Room Interview
- Writer-director Scott Z. Burns discusses The Report (Amazon) in which Adam Driver stars in the true story of Daniel J. Jones, a Senate staffer tasked to investigate the CIA's post-9/11 Detention & Interrogation Program.
SHOOT Digital & Print high-profile "FYC" Marketing Opportunities
SHOOT Digital and Print Platforms provide an ideal environment in which to promote prior to nominations & then nominated films, documentaries, programs and artisans through final voting. Separately or in combination, each offers the ideal environment in which to promote to an audience of industry decision-makers, including AMPAS and all major industry Guild members. The SHOOT audience includes creatives, executives, producers, directors, cinematographers, editors, vfx artists & supervisors, composers & other music execs, production designers, etc. While not every film may be in the running for an Oscar, there are still many good business reasons to promote them. There are many Guild and industry award shows leading up to the Oscars that recognize award-worthy work that can set your film, show, and talent apart from the crowd.
SHOOT Magazine Print Issues (with Bonus PDF version)
A Print Ad is much more than just a Print Ad:
In addition to the October/November issue, here's info on SHOOT Magazine's next two Print Issues (with Bonus PDF versions) ideal for FYC Advertising!
Print Advertiser Bonus: When you place a print Ad, the PDF version runs with live link to film's FYC site at no extra charge in PDF version of the issue that is posted on our site for additional readers to view/download. The PDF version is also emailed to 28,000 opt-in subscribers.
- December Print Issue (with PDF version; out 12/13)
This issue will have The Road to Oscar Part 9 Feature; perfect Phase 1 timing, audience & editorial environment as this issue will be in readers' hands prior to and during nominations voting that takes place Jan. 2-7.
Final Space Reservations: 12/2 || AD PDF File due: 12/6 (final extension: 12/9)
Print Advertiser Bonus: PDF version of Ad with live link to your FYC site will appear in the PDF version of issue that will be posted on SHOOTonline.com on 12/13 for additional readers to view/download. We'll help drive readers to the PDF version with banner ads on the SHOOT>e.dition for six
weeks after it's published and we will email the PDf version to the SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter's 28,000 opt-in subscribers on 12/16.
- January/February Print Issue (with PDF version; out 1/24 )
This issue will have The Road to Oscar Part 15 Feature & preview/coverage of several Guild Awards. Perfect timing, audience & editorial environment for Phase II push; issue to arrive before final voting 1/30-2/4.
Space Reservations: 1/14 || AD PDF File Due: 1/17 (final extension: 1/20)
Print Advertiser Bonus: PDF version of Ad with live link to your FYC site will appear in the PDF version of issue that will be posted on SHOOTonline.com on 1/24 for additional readers to view/download. We'll help drive readers to the PDF version with banner ads on the SHOOT>e.dition for six weeks after it's published and we will also email the PDf version to the SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter's 28,000 opt-in subscribers on 1/27.
SHOOTonline.com website with 45,000+ unique visitors per mont
7-day or 30-day runs can start any day of the month. Digital File formats accepted: JPEG, GIF, Animated GIF, Flash, HTML5, java script, and third-party tags. When you purchase a SHOOTonline banner if runs on the Home Page and all pages throughout the site - and there are thousands of pages. This is key because while thousands of users enter the site via the Home Page, thousands others enter through links in articles from one of our four email newsletters to they are entering the site on all diferent pages.
Banner sizes include regular & expandable banners, interstitials and non-standard formats.
970x250, 970x90, 728x90, 300x250, 300x600, 468x60 (expandable banners, interstitials and other custom options available)
**SHOOTonline is DFA and Jetpack certified**
The SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter 28,000 opt-in subscribers every Friday
Published every Friday, this weekly email newsletter goes to 28,000 opt-in subscribers.
Banner sizes: Top 468x60, Side 180x150, Skyscraper 180x600, Bottom 468x60 or 595x250
- Click Here for SHOOT Digital Rates
Specs: File formats accepted: JPEG, GIF, Animated Gif - max file size: 50K. Banners ae Site served, can provide tracking tags.
See a few past SHOOT>e.dition samples:
Awards Season SHOOT>e.dition Dates
- October 25, special Directors & DPs >e.dition on 10/28
- November 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- December 6, 13, 20, 27
- January 1/3, 1/10, 1/17, 1/24, special awards >e.dition on 1/27, 1/31
SHOOT Custom Email Blasts
You choose the date & time for your custom email blast to be sent out to SHOOT database of 45,000. Provide Image/HTML ready to go or provide image & copy and SHOOT can build the HTML for you. Hugely popular for FYC messages/screening invitations.
Click Here for Custom Email Blast Rates/Specs
You choose the date & time for your custom email blast to be sent out to SHOOT database of 45,000. Hugely popular for FYC messages/screening announcements.
Click on name of film to see web version of just some of the SHOOT Custom Email Blasts from the current and last few Academy Seasons:
First Man Cold War A Star is Born Roma Black Panther
BlackKklansman A Quiet Place Green Book
The SHOOT Dailies
Published daily Monday-Friday, you can get banner to us the day before. This new email newsletter subscribers: 3,500. Great for making an added splash.
File formats accepted: JPEG, GIF, Animated Gif. Banner sizes include 728x90, 180x150.
The SHOOT Publicity Wire (SPW)
Entertainment industry news wire service costs $60. to post publicity release with text, up to seven photosphotos, video, links - ideal for promoting work, above-the-line and below-the-line talent, behind the scenes videos, promos, new films, show launches, award noms & wins and more. It's just $20 to post a video release - video, brief description & credits. All self-service. Release distribution includes SHOOTonline Mobile App and SHOOT's opt-in ePubs (SPW Media Alerts, Brand New[s], SHOOT Dailies, SHOOT>e.dition) SHOOTonline.com site placement, archiving & indexing, RSS Feeds, social feeds to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and mobile SMS dynamic feed,and search engine optimization (SEO) for Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.
- Click Here for SPW Info / how to post a release.
- Click Here for SPW Home Page.
- Click Here for SPW categories.
About SHOOT Magazine / SHOOTonline
SHOOT® Magazine and SHOOTonline® are the leading publication and website for Film, TV & Commercial Production and Post; edited for agency, movie & studio creative and production executives, executives at commercial and entertainment production/post companies, TV/Online/Mobile networks, brand marketer production executives, independent filmmakers and artisans including producers/production execs, directors, cinematographers, editors, writers, colorists, production designers, art directors, vfx supervisors/artists/animators, composers, sound designers & mixers. Through its "News" and "ScreenWork" sections, "Columns" and in-depth "Features", SHOOT publishes timely news, relevant information and a behind-the-scenes look at the best new work, profiles/interviews with industry news makers, film festival, award shows and industry events. In addition, SHOOT reports on the latest cinematography, post & editing technology and equipment. If the work involves advertising or entertainment motion picture content that consumers view on a screen---a TV screen, Cinema screen, Computer screen, Mobile screen or Game screen, SHOOT is searching out who's doing the most innovative work and what's coming next. For further information please visit www.SHOOTonline.com®
Information from this SHOOT Publicity Wire release may be redistributed in part or in whole by members of the media, bloggers, and cinema, TV, entertainment, film, commercial, online video production and post, celebrity fan sites.
© 1990 - 2019 DCA Business Media LLC. All rights reserved. SHOOT and SHOOTonline are registered trademarks of DCA Business Media LLC. All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.