- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- Trending Now
- My Membership
SHOOT Emmy Season Coverage To Kick Off On April 3 With Preview Article; Annual "Road To Emmy" Series To Launch May 15, 2020
- Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2020
Digital/Print "FYC" Marketing Opportunities Announced For SHOOTonline.com, SHOOT>e.dition, Custom eBlasts, SHOOT Magazine Print/PDF Issues
With the Emmy® Awards Season drawing near, SHOOT® will publish a special preview feature on April 3 in advance of its 2020 16-week "Road to Emmy" Series that will kick-off on May 15. The "Road to Emmy" series shines a spotlight on producers, directors, documentarians, cinematographers, editors, production designers, visual effects supervisors, composers and other artisans - each feature explores the backstories, creative challenges and collaborative relationships experienced by notable artisans generating Emmy buzz. Each "Road to Emmy" installment will be published on SHOOTonline.com (45,000+ unique visitors) with links to each article going out in the same day's SHOOT Dailies email newsletter and that Friday's SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter (22,000 opt-in subscribers). The Preview article will also appear in SHOOT Magazine's March/April Print Issue & PDF version, Part 2 of the series will also appear in the May/June Print Issue & PDF version and Part 14 will also appear in the August/September Print Issue & PDF version. Emmy nominations coverage will be published on SHOOTonline.com on July 14 and season coverage will conclude with coverage of the Creative Arts Winners on September 12 and 13, and Primetime Winner coverage on September 20.
- Click Here for the 2020 SHOOT Road to Emmy Calendar.
- Click Here to see past SHOOT Road to Emmy series features.
- Click Here for SHOOT Emmy FYC Marketing information.
Who will be among the 2020 nominees and winners?
While there will be many other shows and programs that will be generating Emmy buzz throughout this year's series, some sure to be talked about include...
From ABC: From ABC: "A Million Little Things," “Black-ish” "Grey's Anatomy," “How to Get Away with Murder,” "Jimmy Kimmel Live," "Live in Front of a Studio Audience," "Modern Family,” "The Conners," "For Life," "Station 19" From Amazon Prime: "All or Nothing," "Fleabag," "Hunters," "Jack Ryan," “King Lear,” "Lorena," "Modern Love," “The Man in the High Castle,” “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” From AMC: “Better Call Saul,” "The Walking Dead," From BBC America, AMC: “Killing Eve,” "Seven Worlds, One Planet" From Apple TV+: “Amazing Stories,” "For All Mankind," “Little America,” "Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet," "See," “The Morning Show” From BET: "Boomerang," "Twenties" From Bravo: "Project Runway," "Top Chef" From BYUtv: "Studio C" From CBS: "Evil," “Mom," "Tommy" From CBS All Access: “The Good Fight," "Star Trek: Picard," "The Twilight Zone," From The CW: "Katy Keene" From Disney+: "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," "The Mandalorian" From Facebook Watch: “Red Table Talk," "Sorry For Your Loss" From Fox: "911," "Duncanville," “Empire” "The Masked Singer" From Freeform: "Grown-ish" From FX: “American Horror Story: 1984," “Better Things,” "Fargo," "Mrs. America" (FX on Hulu), “Pose,” "Snowfall," "What We Do In The Shadows" From HBO: “Barry,” “High Maintenance,” "I Know This Much is True," "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver," "My Brilliant Friend," “Succession,” “The Deuce,” "The Undoing," "Watchmen" From History: "Project Blue Book" From Hulu: “Castle Rock,” “High Fidelity,” "Shrill," “The Handmaid’s Tale” From National Geographic: "Cosmos: Possible Worlds," "Genius: Aretha" “The Cave" From NBC: “Brooklyn Nine Nine,” “Chicago Fire,” “Chicago Med,” “Chicago P.D.,” "Lincoln Rhyme: The Hunt For The Bone Collector," "Manifest," “New Amsterdam,” “Saturday Night Live,” “The Good Place,” “The Tonight Show,” “This is Us,” "Will & Grace," "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist" From Netflix: "After Life," "American Factory," "Black Mirror," "Bodyguard," "El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie,""Gentefied," "GLOW,” “Grace and Frankie,” "Living With Yourself," "Locke & Key," "NARCOS Mexico," “Ozark,” "Ricky Gervais After Life," “Russian Doll,” "The Crown," “The Kominsky Method,” "The Politician," "The Umbrella Academy,” "The Witcher" From Paramount Network: "68 Whiskey," Coyote," "Yellowstone" From Pop TV: "Schitt's Creek" From Showtime: “Billions” "Black Monday," "Homeland," "Kidding," "Ray Donovan," “Shameless" "The Chi," The L Word," "Work In Progress" From Starz: "America to Me," "American Gods," “Outlander,” “Power,” "The Spanish Princess," "Vida" From TBS: "Conan," "Full Frontal with Samantha Bee" From USA Network: "Briarpatch," "Dirty John," “The Sinner”
SHOOT editors will be profiling and interviewing executives and artisans behind some of the shows, programs & films above plus many others from May-September.
SHOOT is on Top of the Bottom Line and Ahead in Behind The Scenes
Of the 30 Television Academy Peer Groups, representing specific fields of expertise within the motion picture, TV, and commercial production industry, SHOOT is strong in the following 27, delivering decision-making news, back stories, and inspiration 365/24/7 for the last 59 years.
Animation, Art Directors/Set Decorators, Casting Directors, Children's Programming, Cinematographers, Commercials, Costume Design & Supervision, Daytime Programming, Directors, Documentary Programming, Interactive Media, Lighting, Camera & Technical Arts, Los Angeles Area, Makeup/Hairstylists, Motion & Title Design, Music, Picture Editors, Producers, Production Executives, Professional Representatives, Public Relations, Reality Programming, Science and Technology Subgroup, Sound, Sound Editors, Special Visual Effects, Television Executives, Writers
Ideal Audience & Environment for your Emmy "FYC" Marketing
SHOOT’s digital and print platforms provide the ideal environments in which to promote prior to & during nomination voting that will take place 6/15-6/29 and then prior to & during final round voting that will take place 8/17-8/31. SHOOT Magazine Print (with bonus PDF version) and SHOOTonline/The SHOOT Dailies/The SHOOT>e.dition digital platforms are ideal for bringing attention to your programs and individual nominees. Our audience of production & post industry executives and artisans including ATAS members (SHOOT is extremely strong in the vast majority of the ATAS peer groups) will be reading SHOOT’s Emmy-related coverage with great interest throughout Emmy Season. Our readership includes production executives, producers, directors, cinematographers, editors, production designers, visual effects & animation executives & artisans, music & sound executives & artisans and much more.
TARGET YOUR FYC CAMPAIGN TO SHOOT'S AUDIENCE OF ABOVE-THE-LINE & BELOW-THE-LINE DECISION-MAKERS with the following High-profile Digital and Print Platforms:
(Click Here for digital Ad Rates)
SHOOTonline.com 45,000+ unique visitors per month*. 7-day or 30-day runs can start any day.
The Ideal cornerstone for FYC Campaigns providing fantastic exposure all season long! In addition to the Road to Emmy Series, there will be all kinds of Emmy-related news and features that will appear on the site and in the SHOOT>e.dition & SHOOT Dailies email newsletters during the season. Because we are a highly targeted site, it is filled with industry-related content of great interest to people you want to reach so they are reading all throughout the site regularly.
- When you purchase a banner it runs on the Home Page and all pages throughout the news, screenwork, and SPW sections of the site - and there are thousands of pages—a key benefit-- because while thousands of users enter the site via the Home Page, thousands others enter via links in articles from one of our 3 email newsletters so they are entering the site on all different pages and your banner will be wherever that is!
- Banners will also rotate up and down on pages where there are multiple slots of your size. Sometimes running in two slots on the same page; always while appearing on all different pages at the same time.
- Mobile Friendly! you'll be able to provide additional size banners for mobile at no extra cost so your banners appear perfectly on all mobile devices!
File formats: JPG, GIF, Animated GIF, Flash & HTML5. 3rd party tags accepted. SHOOTonline is DFA and Jetpack certified.
Banner Sizes include regular & expandable: Billboard 970x250, Large Leaderboard 970x90, Leaderboard 728x90, Side Half Page 300X600, Side Medium Rectangle 300X250
Interstitial Size: up to 800x550
Skins: We will be offering for the first time this Season!
Click Here for Screenshots from the Emmy 2019 Season
(samples of various size banners for "VEEP," "Game of Thrones" & "sharp objects" on several site pages)
Click Here for For SHOOTonline Banner Specs
The SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter
Published every Friday to 22,000 opt-in subscribers. The SHOOT>e.dition contains headlines/abstracts to all of the content published on SHOOTonline.com since the previous Friday's SHOOT>e.dition.
File formats: JPEG, GIF, Animated Gif; site-served, you may provide tracking tags.
Banner sizes: "Top" 468x60, "Side" 180x150, "Skyscraper" 180x600. and choice of two 'Bottom Banner" sizes 468x60 or 595x250
- 2020 Emmy Season SHOOT>e.dition Schedule:
Phase 1: April 3,10,17,24 May 1,8,15,22,29 June 5,12,19,26
Phase 2: July 17,24,31 August 7,14,21,28
See web versions of a small sampling of past SHOOT>e.ditions with FYC banners...
- November 22, 2019 with banner for "Handmaid's Tale"
- December 6, 2019 with banners for "Fleabag"
- December 20, 2019 with banner for "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel"
- December 27, 2019 with banners for "Modern Love"
The SHOOT Dailies email newsletter
Published daily Monday-Friday to 3,500 opt-in subscribers. Banners run in all 5 newsletters M-F. If already promoting on SHOOTonline.com and The SHOOT>e.dition, this is great add-on for making an added splash.
File formats: JPEG, GIF, Animated Gif; site-served, you may provide tracking tags.
Banner sizes: 728x90, 180x600, 180x150.
See web versions of a small sampling of past SHOOT Dailies with FYC banners...
- November 20, 2019 with banners for "Undone"
- November 26, 2019 with banners for "Jonas Brothers Chasing Happiness"
- December 2, 2019 with banners for Good Omens
- December 11, 2019 with banners for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
SHOOT Custom Email Blasts
Sent to our opt-in database of 40,000. Ideal for screening invitations, streaming notices, promoting BTS Videos, and other FYC Messages
Click Here for Custom Email Blast Rates/specs
Here are just a few we've sent out...
Sent during 2019/20 Winter Awards Season
- December 27, 2019 - "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel"
- December 12, 2019 - "Fleabag"
- December 5, 2019 - "Modern Love"
- November 14, 2019 -" Handmaid's Tale"
Sent during 2019 Emmy Season
- August 12, 2019 - "Our Planet"
- June 21, 2019 - "Now Apocalypse & American Gods"
- June 20, 2019 - "Lorena"
- June 18, 2019 - "The Romanoffs"
- June 13, 2019 - "Live In Front Of A Studio Audience"
- June 11, 2019 - "Game of Thrones"
- June 7, 2019 - "When They See Us"
- June 3, 2019 - "Free Solo & Hostile Planet"
SHOOT Magazine Print Issue (with bonus PDF version,)
Put your FYC message into decision-makers' hands! SHOOT Magazine's highly targeted circulation includes production/post industry executives & artisans.
A SHOOT Print Ad is much more than a Print Ad - Bonus: when you run a Print Ad, the PDF version runs with live link to your FYC site in the PDF version of the issue that is posted on SHOOTonline.com for additional readers to view/download. We drive traffic to the PDF Issue with banner Ads on the SHOOT>e.dition email newsletter for six weeks after it's published -and- we also email the PDF version to 22,000 opt-in subscribers - Click Here for web version of sample email sending the Dec. 2019 Issue PDF version.
- Click Here for SHOOT Magazine Print Ad Rates (with bonus PDF version)
- Click Here for SHOOT Magazine Ad Sizes/Specs
- Click Here for PDF version of the May/June 2018 Issue
- Click Here for PDF version of the Aug/Sept. 2018 Issue
Emmy Season Issue #1 April Issue
Get a jump on the Season by familiarizing readers with the programs you'll be promoting during Emmy Season.
This Issue will have our Emmy Preview feature, Leading Director Profiles and more.
PDF version of Issue will be posted on SHOOTonline on 4/3 & emailed to 22,000 opt-in subscribers on 4/6. Print issue out 4/6.
- Space Reservations: March 24 || Ad PDF File Due: March 27 (final extension March 30)
Emmy Season Issue #2: May/June Issue
This Issue will have Part 2 of the Road to Emmy Series; an important issue timed to keep your programs top-of-mind before and during nominations voting 6/15-6/29.
PDF version of Issue will be posted on SHOOTonline on 5/22 & emailed to 22,000 opt-in subscribers on 5/25. Print issue out 5/25
- Space Reservations: May 12 || Ad PDF File Due: May 15 (final extension May 18)
Bonus distribution at 5 industry events: SHOOT 18th Annual New Directors Showcase Event at the DGA NYC, AICP base camp area, Produced by LA, Cannes Lions Fest, Cine Gear Expo
Click Here for PDF version of the May/June 2018 Issue with Ads for "Mindhunter," "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel," "Long Strange Trip," "GLOW," "Godless," "Ozark"
Emmy Season Issue #3: August/September Issue
This Issue will have Part 14 of the Road to Emmy Series; an important issue timed after nominations are announced to keep your programs top-of-mind right before & during final voting 8/17-31)
PDF version of Issue will be posted on SHOOTonline on 8/7 & emailed to 22,000 opt-in subscribers on 8/10. Print issue out 8/10.
- Space Reservations: July 28 || Ad PDF File Due: July 31 (final extension August 3)
Click Here for PDF version of the Aug/Sept. 2018 Issue with Ads for "Godless," "The Marvelous Maisel," "Stranger Things," "The Crown"
The SHOOT Publicity Wire (The SPW): Post Your TV and Film News, Promos, BTS videos & more
Self-service and easy to use, The SPW reaches entertainment & commercial production and post decision-makers, influencers, executives and artisans, media outlets, journalists, bloggers, researchers, social networkers, search engines, prosumers, fan sites, & other industry stakeholders and influential decision-makers that affect the commercialmaking, filmmaking, cinema, media and television, web and mobile video businesses. Distribution of your SPW Release will include: SHOOTonline Mobile App and SHOOT's opt-in ePubs (SPW Media Alerts, Brand New[s], SHOOT Dailies, SHOOT>e.dition) SHOOTonline.com site placement, archiving and indexing, RSS Feeds, social feeds to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and mobile SMS dynamic feed,and search engine optimization (SEO) for Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.
Rates: $60. - post a release with full content, up to 8 photos, hot links & video. $20. - post a video release with video, description and credits.
- Click Here for SPW information
- Click Here for For SPW Home Page
- Click Here for SPW categories to post under
A Great Event Marketing Opportunity!!...
Become a Sponsor of SHOOT's 18th Annual New Directors Showcase Event, May 28 at the Directors Guild of America, NYC and we'll produce a panel at the event around one of your programs or films including panelist/s involved such as Network Executive, Producer, Director, DP.
- Click Here to see coverage of a special panel with company exec and director we produced at the 2017 event when YouTube Originals was an event Sponsor. The panel, "Documentary Storytelling--YouTube Red's "This is Everything: Gigi Gorgeous" session panelists were documentarian Barbara Kopple, and Ian Roth, development lead, unscripted content, for YouTube and YouTube Red.
What the event is all about... From January-March each year, we conduct the official SHOOT New Directors Search for directors directing any type of entertainment or commercial content less than three years. Once the best approximately 30 pieces of work is selected, we build the New Directors Showcase Event around the debut screening of the NDS Reel. While our primary goal for the event is to introduce new directors to the entertainment & commercial production communities, the secondary and equally important goal is to provide industry perspective from leading production executives and directors who share inside details on everything from exciting new work and cutting edge technology to changing business models and evolving industry relationships. We accomplish this with our afternoon Forum Agenda that takes place prior to the New Directors Showcase Screening, Meet the New Directors Panel and After-party. We absolutely love producing this event every year; it's always rewarding to hear from each year's group of directors afterwards on how much the exposure meant to them in helping to advance their careers. This will be our 16th year holding the event at the DGA and 16th year that the DGA is a Lead Sponsor of the event.
- Sponsor Levels... Lead, Silver, Bronze & Industry Supporter. We can also consider a "Presenting Sponsor" level where we would help you develop your own morning program totally devoted to your network & programs with opportunity to host the evening after-party at your own venue or off-site location or at the DGA.
Attendees & Coverage of Full Event
In addition to the production & post decision-makers who attend, most of the directors selected for the New Directors Showcase attend the Forum & NDS, gaining insights from established directors and producers during the afternoon, setting the stage for the evening Showcase which provides industry exposure for the work of up-and-coming talent that helps to advance the next generation of directorial talent & provide valuable industry info/perspective for all attendees. The new directors are excited to be part of the event & their enthusiasm rubs off on everyone who feels good about discovering & mentoring new talent. Attended by 400 Film, TV & Ad industry production/post execs & artisans, the event has become a “Must Attend” stop on the annual production industry event scene. SHOOT covers the event with articles/videos on SHOOTonline with links to them in The SHOOT>e.dition & SHOOT Dailies email newsletters bringing the event to the attention of our full audience!
Sponsor Name and/or Logo will appear on all event digital & print promotion...
- Event email blast invitations that are sent five+ times to our database of 45,000 emails
- Event registration page & the Sponsors Page on the NDS microsite that stays live for full year after event
- Event Program given to attendees before Forum Panels & NDS evening screening/panel/party
- Giant on screen credits prior to start of Forum and prior to start of NDS evening agenda & Poster at DGA
- We heavily promote the panels prior to event via articles on SHOOTonline, The SHOOT>e.dition & SHOOT Dailies email newsletters as well as The SHOOT>e.dition and publicity releases on The SHOOT Publicity Wire. We also cover the event after bringing it to the attention of our full audience. Sponsors are always mentioned in all promotion and all editorial coverage.
- PDF directory of attendees sent to attendees after event with name, title, co, address, phone#s (Sponsors will also receive an excel file of full registration list including email addresses!)
Past NDS Event Sponsors: Anonymous Content, Argyle Brothers, ARRI, Backyard, Biscuit, brother, charlieuniformtango, Company, Company 3, Crossroads, CT Film Office, Deluxe, Directors Guild of America, Film US Virgin Islands, Form, Gartner, Getty Images, harvest films, Hungry Man, Kodak, Light Iron, Madison + Vine, Method Studios, Montana Film Office, Moxie Pictures, Nevada Film Office, One at Optimus, Palace Productions/MediaVision, Pump Audio, RSA Films, Sony, Superlounge, T3 Media, The-Artery, The Devil You Know, The Mill, Tool of NA, West Virginia Film Office, YouTube Red Originals.
- Click Here to see last year's SHOOT New Directors Showcase Reel/info on directors
- Click Here to see coverage of the 2019 daytime sessions
- Click Here to see coverage of the 2019 evening NDS Screening, panel & after-party
- Click Here for more Sponsor Information. We love to have you join us this Year!
SHOOT Print & Digital Advertising Links....
- Click Here for SHOOT Magazine Print Ad Rates (with Bonus PDF version) Click Here for SHOOT Magazine Ad Sizes/Specs. (Bonus: When you place a print Ad, the PDF version runs with live link to FYC site at no extra charge in PDF version of the issue that is posted on our site for readers to view/download.) PDF version is also emailed to The SHOOT>e.dition's 28,000 opt-in subscribers.
- Click Here for Digital Ad Rates for SHOOTonline.com, SHOOT>e.dition, SHOOT Dailies. Click Here for SHOOTonline Banner specs.
- Click Here for Custom email blast Rates/specs
Contact us... for more information on SHOOT FYC Marketing and how we can tailor a program for you please contact SHOOT Publisher, Roberta Griefer, at 203/227-1699, ext 701 or via email.
About SHOOT Magazine / SHOOTonline
SHOOT® Magazine and SHOOTonline® are the leading publication and website for Film, Tv & Commercial Production & Post; edited for agency, movie & studio creative and production executives, executives at commercial and entertainment production/post companies, TV/Online/Mobile networks, brand marketer production executives, independent filmmakers and artisans including directors, cinematographers, editors, colorists, vfx supervisors/artists/animators, composers, sound designers & mixers. Through its "News" and "ScreenWork" sections, "Columns" and in-depth "Features", SHOOT publishes timely news, relevant information and a behind-the-scenes look at the best new work, profiles/interviews with industry news makers, film festival, award shows and industry events. In addition, SHOOT reports on the latest cinematography, post & editing technology and equipment. If the work involves advertising or entertainment motion picture content that consumers view on a screen---a TV screen, Cinema screen, Computer screen, Mobile screen or Game screen, SHOOT is searching out who's doing the most innovative work and what's coming next. For further information please visit www.SHOOTonline.com®
Information from this SHOOT Publicity Wire release may be redistributed in part or in whole by members of the media, bloggers, and cinema, TV, entertainment, film, commercial, online video production and post, celebrity fan sites.
© 1990 - 2020 DCA Business Media LLC. All rights reserved. SHOOT and SHOOTonline are registered trademarks of DCA Business Media LLC. All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.