- Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2018
LA-based Stun, an award winning entertainment industry content studio, ad agency and commercial production company, has announced a significant expansion to a new, larger, headquarters. The agency has also acquired its first soundstage, bolstered its Social Media Content Team, and invested in a new brand strategy firm. The announcements, coinciding with the company’s 18th anniversary, were made today by Mark Feldstein and Brad Roth, Stun Principals & Co-Founders.
Since 2002, Stun had been located at the SAG/AFTRA building (5757 Wilshire Blvd.) The agency has just moved into a new, custom-designed, creative space comprised of two floors (22,000 sq. ft.) at 6420 Wilshire Blvd (near San Vicente Blvd.) Stun’s over 100 employees will now work from the new location. “Now that we are right on the cusp of Beverly Hills, we like to say Beverly Hills is ‘Stun Adjacent.’ We love this part of LA – it’s about as centrally located to all of our clients as you can get,” Feldstein and Roth said.
Concurrently, Stun has also acquired a 5,000 sq. ft. soundstage in Culver City, just adjacent to Sony Pictures Studios. The new stage, which features a full cyc, lighting grid, dressing rooms, and related amenities, will be utilized by Stun for live action and key art productions on behalf of the agency’s diverse entertainment and consumer brand clients. Stun will also produce its own, original digital online series from the new studio.
In addition, Stun has embellished its Social Media Content Team: the company has promoted Galen Newton to the new position of Head of Digital & Social Content (from his previous post of Director,) and has hired Holly Gray as Director, Digital and Strategic Partnerships. The duo will now spearhead the ten-person strong team that provides Stun’s clients with full service, digital content engagements across all social media platforms.
Stun’s Social Media Content Team has already made an impact: In 2016, Stun was named one of Snapchat’s first exclusive Global Creative Partners, joining a roster comprised of top-shelf social content creators who are producing Snap Ads for brands. Stun’s Social Media Content Team is also known for integrating social media influencers within client campaigns and content. Recent examples include social influencer Megan Nicole featured in a music video promoting Mattel and Warner Bros’ DC Superhero Girls toys, as well as Hayes Grier & Harley Morenstein, who are featured in the series “Famous Food Truck” on Scripps’ Genius Kitchen app.
Feldstein and Roth today also announced another sign of their company’s growth: Stun has made a significant investment in Blackbird, the brand strategy and business innovation firm helmed by former Viacom head of marketing, Ross Martin. Blackbird’s LA office is housed within the new Stun headquarters.
Also, Stun continues to move aggressively in the conception and production of digital and traditional linear content creation. The company is represented by CAA for these projects across all media platforms.
Regarding the company’s latest accomplishments, Feldstein and Roth are reflective: “We are extremely grateful for the remarkable success we’ve enjoyed these past 18 years! When we started Stun, it was just the two of us, sharing a small office in a Hollywood post-production facility, where the thermostat was permanently stuck on 60-degrees because our tiny room had previously been a film/tape vault. If it weren’t for us consuming massive quantities of hot coffee back then, we would have frozen to death.”
They add, “Our new headquarters truly feels like an extension of the Stun brand – it’s a uniquely creative space commensurate with the level of work our talented team produces every day. It really is a great reward to our amazing staff, who have all worked so hard to get us here. Eighteen years in the making!”
What Stun Clients Say
"The Stun team have been amazing collaborators over the past decade, across multiple brands and divergent campaigns. They are strategically insightful, creatively innovative and most importantly, trusted partners." - Adam Stotsky, President, E! Entertainment
"We have always thought of Stun as an extension of the Fandango family. They have been our partner throughout Fandango’s tremendous growth over the past five years, helping us reach moviegoers in compelling and creative ways across all forms of media, from digital, social and broadcast, to print and outdoor activations." - Adam Rockmore, SVP, Head of Marketing and Communications, FANDANGO
A Quick Look At Some Stun Company Timeline Highlights
- Company co-founders Roth & Feldstein launch Stun in 2000 in Hollywood, with initial clients including Dick Wolfe’s “Law & Order: Arrest & Trial,” a TV Land music video starring Tony Randall and Mr. T, a short film for Showtime starring comedian Chris Elliott, and various projects for The Travel Channel.
- In 2004, Stun expands its promotional and marketing services to include motion design and animation.
- Stun shoots a spot that “stuns” and enthralls millions of TBS viewers. The infamous “Ginger vs. Mary Ann” Pie Fight is so popular it crashes the Turner Broadcasting server.
- 2008 marks a major year of growth, as Stun is well positioned to take on new branded content projects on behalf of consumer brands. Initial brand clients, impressed with Stun’s creative chops across the television marketing space, include Virgin America, Dove Men, Pepsi and HP.
- Roth & Feldstein conceive, write and produce “The Writer’s Room,” an original comedy series for Sony’s Crackle online comedy network. Other original shows from the duo, including “Very Mallory” on The CW Seed digital platform, lead to the pair being signed by CAA for representation of their original IP.
- In 2010, Stun “shocks” the Internet with their tongue-in-cheek launch of the “Stun Fone,” a fake product that promises to turn any cell phone into a stun gun. The self-promotional viral video is written up in the LA Times and lands on the front page of Creativity’s website.
- Masters of parody, Stun wins a 2013 “Webby Award” for its hilarious online series “Presidential Clippings,” starring Barack Obama and Mitt Romney impersonators chatting together as they get haircuts sitting side-by-side.
- Cementing its reputation as the kings of comedy promotion, Stun launches “Curb Your Enthusiasm” on the TV Guide Channel, directing Larry David himself in a very “curb-like,” anxiety-provoking spot. The TV campaign is shortlisted at Cannes.
- Stun launches “Conan” on TBS with a massively popular campaign entitled “Missing You” – the campaign delights Obrien’s fans who learn he’ll soon be returning to late night TV.
- Stun produces the Dove + Men Care 2014 Super Bowl commercial, as well as branded content for Dove’s “Real Strength” The commercial is shortlisted at Cannes and is ranked #3 on the USA Today Ad Meter.
- Stun produces a Cannes Lion-shortlisted film for BMW, “Driving on Ice,” in conjunction with the 2014 Sochi Olympics. The film, which aired on NBC and NBC Sports, was the winner of a number of prestigious global industry awards.
- In conjunction with the 30th anniversary of the first “Back to the Future” feature film, Stun’s Pepsi Perfect campaign wins a 2016 Cannes Lion.
- The company produces Fandango’s ubiquitous campaigns featuring comic spokesman “Miles Mouvay” - aka “SNL” comedian Kenan Thompson.
- Summer of 2017: Venturing into VR, Stun creates a 4D experience at ComiCon around the comedy series “People of Earth” for TBS. The Hollywood Reporter names it one of the top booths at the convention.
- 2018: Stun shoots and produces the campaign for the SAG Awards on TNT & TBS. The spots star Kristen Bell, who appears to be “auditioning” to host the event.
Other 2018 Stun projects include:
(Amazon) Audible’s first video series, “You Gotta Hear This”
Cross platform marketing campaign for Nickelodeon’s Kids Choice Awards (with John Cena)
An NFL Playoffs Campaign
Launching “Sirens,” a new TV series on Freeform
The Food Network “Star” campaign
Launching the new season of “Imposters” for Bravo
Branding projects for Universal Music Group’s key events, including the 2018 Grammy Artist Showcase.
Three-time winners of the prestigious Promax/BDA North American Agency of the Year Award (2017, 2014, 2013,) Stun activates consumers by telling brand stories in compelling and engaging ways across all media platforms. Founded in Hollywood in 2000 by Brad Roth and Mark Feldstein, Stun is a creative marketing agency, and a commercial and branded production company, known for its award-winning creative campaigns, integrated use of comedy and humor, and compelling, highly original, thought-provoking content.
In addition to its live action work, Stun also offers clients state-of-the-art animation and design, visually compelling key art and print production, and a full service Social Media Content Team.
Stun counts among its clients the biggest television broadcast, cable, and streaming networks, including NBC, TBS, TNT, FX, Bravo, ABC, Hulu, Warner Bros, and Netflix. The agency also works with many top tier brands, such as Virgin America, Dove’s Men + Care, BMW, Mountain Dew, Mattel, and many others.
For the past 18 years, Stun has been recognized throughout the entertainment and advertising industries for its smart, funny and celebrity-driven work. The company has produced successful and popular promotional campaigns featuring such stars as Larry David, Andy Samberg, Jack Black, Conan O’Brien, Magic Johnson, and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, to name just a few.
Stun’s new address is 6420 Wilshire Blvd., Suite # 450, LA, CA 90048. The phone is: 323/ 460-4035. Please visit: www.stuncreative.com