1) The world is fucking crazy right now. Between the divisive negativity and the fake news, the creative community will continue to look for, and reward, those who use creativity to solve a client’s problems in ways that add some goodness, and light, back into the world.
2) First, I was mesmerized by the Spike Jonze Apple work. Absolutely beautiful. Second, I’m continuously impressed by the KFC campaign. You just get the sense the entire WK team and client are just having fun. It’s palpable in everything they do, and it’s one of those confident tones that you just don’t see much anymore. Beyond the structure of the multiple colonels, the incredibly random stunt/social tactics have me looking forward to seeing what they do next.
3) The quality of work coming out of the client in-house creative teams is only going to keep getting better. The skepticism of the creative community is giving way to jealousy as we see many of our talented friends and peers creating amazing work.
4) Causevertising is alive and well and looks to be rewarded for some time to come. Creatively, it’s a way to use our collective powers of persuasion for good.
5) This year, we continued building out our Content Lab to keep up with our clients’ desires for content on demand. To this end, we’ve invested in a more robust render engine, so our animators and motion-graphics artists can tackle more complicated projects. We’ve also added Resolve grading capabilities in our editing suite.
6) We’re committed to the Free the Bid nonprofit initiative, and we are thrilled that just under half of our shoots in the last year were helmed by female directors. Internally, 50 percent of our agency partners are women, and more than half of our director-level leadership is female.