2) We will constantly be challenged to do interesting work within ever-changing parameters. Engaging with consumers continues to be the golden grail, but with their attention span getting smaller and smaller, we have to hit them over the head to get their attention and retain it. As 5G emerges on the market, everything will be faster and audiences will be able to download a movie faster than it took you to read this sentence.
3) We will continue to focus on collaborating with talent and applying their skills across all RadicalMedia divisions. Feature directors doing commercials, commercial directors doing Television, television directors doing live events. The cross-pollination of talent has never been stronger and we’re proud of the ecosystem we’ve created for like-minded storytellers.
4) We have so many exciting projects happening between Radical’s entertainment, commercial and studio divisions, but I’d like to highlight a special project we’re in the trenches on.
We are continuing our investment in scripted development and are currently in production on a six-part doc and scripted series, GRANT, which examines the life story of Ulysses S. Grant, based on the book by Ron Chernow. Radical is producing with Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson’s Appian Way for History Channel.
In January, RadicalMedia debuted Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes on Netflix, directed by Academy Award Nominee Joe Berlinger and we also premiered TIGERLAND, a beautiful documentary film for Discovery Channel about Tiger preservation at the 2019 Sundance Film Festival. The film was directed by Academy Award Winner Ross Kauffman and air on Discovery end of March.
We are doing some amazing commercials but I am under many many NDAs and cannot discuss.
5) Radical is committed to having a respectful, diverse and safe workplace environment. We have instituted additional policies in 2019 that will continue to promote a safe and professional environment in the office as well as through all stages of production. Radical has included harassment prevention training and plans to institute sexual harassment/discrimination training videos in 2019. These videos will give all staff and freelance employees the training necessary to know when they or someone else is being treated unfairly and they should report it immediately. In addition, the company will provide employees with interactive training conducted by a sexual harassment specialist. Radical is instituting a formal complaint process where a form will be available to all employees where they can outline any transgressions that have taken place and HR will investigate the situation and take the necessary steps to rectify it. The company promotes diversity by ensuring that we fill open jobs through a diverse candidate pool. It is imperative that we have a diverse group of crew members and employees who are treated respectfully, receive equal pay and feel safe in the workplace. We want to ensure that creativity, innovation and inspiration thrive, but never in a way that makes someone feel uncomfortable.
6) Our competitive edge is our fluency in each and every discipline of storytelling. In 2019, we plan to continue to create and produce film, television, music programming, interactive design, and immersive experiences powered by the latest technology. By heavily investing in capabilities and collaborating with a community of artists, directors, producers, designers, editors, and coders, we lay the groundwork for innovation in tech and research.