- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- Trending Now
- My Membership
"Colorist Mixer" Announces Line Up of Speakers, Demonstrations, Events and Prizes
- Monday, Nov. 30, 2020
24-Hour Online Event Happens December 12th
The program for the annual Colorist Mixer, slated for December 12, 2020 as a 24-hour online event, will include talks and presentations from some of the world’s top colorists, technology companies and post-production leaders. Organized by the Colorist Society International (CSI) and the International Colorist Academy (iColorist), the unique event will also include a Party Zone featuring prizes, games and break-out rooms.
Opening remarks will take the form of an informal chat between CSI president Kevin Shaw and colorists Warren Eagles and Diego Yhama about 2020, a year unlike any other, and what lies ahead for a global post-production industry that’s undergoing radical change.
Keynote speakers will include Walter Volpatto, CIS, Hollywood; Andreas Brueckl, FutureWorks Media, Mumbai; and Mark Toia, writer/director of the new film Monsters of Man.
SGO, Dolby, Abelcine, Asus, fxphd, Flanders Scientific, Red Giant, Filmworkz and Eclipse Tech are among the companies offering technology demonstrations on topics including color grading technology, look-development software, HDR displays, remote workflows, cameras and more.
- Film Restoration, a spirited session highlighting best practices, insider knowledge and hacks from Marc Wielage, VP color & workflow, Chroma; Gary Adams, product specialist, broadcast and digital film restoration, Blackmagic Design; and Blake Jones, CSI, colorist, editor, instructor and consultant.
- How to Start a Boutique Post House hosted by Juan Ignacio Cabrera, founder and lead colorist of LightBender, Santa Monica.
- Women in Film, a panel discussion with colorists CJ Dobson, Junbin Chen and Andrea Chlebak on their experience as women in post-production. Moderated by CSI board member Sarah Priestnall.
- Meet CSI ANZ, a lively chat with colorists Warren Eagles, Jarryd Hall, Deirdre McClelland, Luciano Marigo-Spitaleri and David Gibson, members of CSI’s newly-formed chapter in Australia and New Zealand.
- JZ Speaks, technology guru Joachim Zell, formerly with EFILM/Deluxe, Technicolor Thomson and Grass Valley, reveals what’s coming next in production and post-production workflows, ACES and imaging science.
- ICA Tips and Tricks 2020, in two sessions ICA Instructors Diego Yhama, Kevin Shaw, David Catt, Blake Jones, Yuki Ariandi, Francisco Ramos and Warren Eagles share their top new techniques and favorite discoveries of the past year.
Prizes, awarded throughout the day, will include discounts for ICA classes, licenses for Mistika Boutique Professional Immersive Edition, a Resolve V17 Mega Pack, membership to fxphd, memberships to Mixing Light, a Dolby Vision Mastering and Playback license, MultiDock, 4k mini UltraStudio, Red Giant subscriptions, an Asus ProArt Display, machine time from Eclipse Tech, Filmworkz subscriptions and a Dolby Vision Mastering & Playback license.
Sponsors include Colorist Society International (CSI). International Colorist Academy (iColorist), AbelCine, Asus, Dell Technologies, DolbyVision, Eclipse Tech, FilmConvert, Filmworkz, Flanders Scientific Inc., fxphd, Mixing Light, Portrait Displays, Red Giant and SGO.
Schedule subject to change.
About the Colorist Society International
Colorist Mixer is a Colorist Society International (CSI) event. CSI is primarily funding this event, with support from sponsors. CSI is a not-for-profit organization set up for the benefit of the colorist community.
Colorist Society International (CSI) is the first professional society devoted exclusively to furthering and honoring the professional achievements of colorists. It is an educational and cultural resource to the colorist community, the entertainment industry and the public. Membership is open to professional colorists, DITs, telecine operators, color timers, finishers, restoration artists and color scientists. CSI hosts regular meetings as chapters worldwide. It also is a regular participant in industry trade shows and other events. The organization is currently planning an awards competition to honor outstanding achievement to the art and science of color grading.
About the Colorist Mixer
The Colorist Mixers are hosted by the Colorist Society International and produced by the International Colorist Academy. Colorist Mixers events let you catch up with friends, meet your ‘virtual’ friends from around the world in person, and make new friends. Where else will you find colorists from around the planet all in one room! The Colorist Mixer is held twice a year at NAB and IBC and is open to anyone interested in the world of color grading, digital intermediate, VFX, and editing for feature films, commercials, music videos, and television programs.