- Wednesday, May. 8, 2019
Chasing Happiness, the eagerly-awaited, revealing new documentary featuring the GRAMMY-nominated multiplatinum powerhouse trio Jonas Brothers, will premiere Tuesday, June 4, exclusively on Amazon Prime Video, in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
Filled with never-before-seen footage of the brothers’ early days, Chasing Happiness is a moving, personal look at the Jonas Brothers’ journey from a family struggling to make ends meet, to pop superstardom, to an abrupt hiatus that shocked the world. As Nick, Joe, and Kevin separate and try to find their footing as individuals, Chasing Happiness goes beyond the headlines and behind the scenes, as they build their own successful lives and careers outside of the band, and ultimately rebuild their relationships as siblings and rekindle a musical spark that inspires their upcoming album, “Happiness Begins.”
Chasing Happiness is from Philymack and Federal Films in association with Polygram Entertainment and Amazon Studios, with executive producers Phil McIntyre, John Varvatos, Monte Lipman, and Dana Sano and producers Reece Pearson, Steve Ecclesine, and Grant MacDowell. Chasing Happiness is directed by John Lloyd Taylor.
The preeminent male group of this century, Jonas Brothers opened the floodgates for a new era of titans in pop music. They earned two number one albums and sold out shows throughout three continents. Selling over 17 million-plus albums with over 1 billion streams worldwide, they’ve achieved dozens of platinum and gold certifications. Jonas Brothers notably received a GRAMMY® Award nomination in the category of “Best New Artist,” garnered “Breakthrough Artist” at the American Music Awards, won Billboard’s “Eventful Fans’” Choice Award for “Best Concert Tour of the Year,” and took home a Mexican Grammy, showcasing their international influence. The tremendous success of the band provided a launch pad for the successful and storied solo careers of Nick Jonas, Joe Jonas, and Kevin Jonas, who have kept loyal fans yearning for a reunion, until now.
Known as the biggest comeback of the year, Jonas Brothers announced their reunion with their RIAA-certified platinum hit single “Sucker,” which now exceeds 445 million global streams to date. During release week, it clinched #1 on major streaming services, and became one of the top streamed songs on Amazon Music Unlimited, and one of the most requested debut songs on Amazon Music with Alexa in its first week. Speaking of making history, the rollout of “Sucker” marked “the first time a band debuted at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart this century.” Continuing the runaway success, “Cool” has notched 70 million global streams and soared to #1 on iTunes Overall Top Songs Chart and Top Music Videos Chart.
Most recently, the band revealed news that fans everywhere have waited nearly a decade for. The group will release its first album since 2009 and one of 2019’s most anticipated records, Happiness Begins, on June 7 via Republic Records.
After building overwhelming anticipation they also announced the details for their 40-city Happiness Begins Tour this summer and fall with special guests Bebe Rexha and Jordan McGraw. Following the incredible response, yesterday they announced second shows in Chicago, New York City and Toronto due to overwhelming fan demand.
Tickets for all dates go on sale to the general public beginning Friday, May 10th at LiveNation.com.
Chasing Happiness is a global release and will be available on PrimeVideo.com for Prime Video members in more than 200 countries and territories.
About PRIME VIDEO
Prime Video is a premium streaming service that offers customers a vast collection of digital videos—all with the ease of finding what they love to watch in one place.
- Included with Prime: Watch thousands of popular movies and TV shows, including our award-winning Amazon Originals such as Emmy-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Homecoming, Hanna, The Man in the High Castle, Bosch, Guava Island, the upcoming series Good Omens from Neil Gaiman, Academy Award-winning Manchester by the Sea and The Salesman, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick and Cold War, and the critically acclaimed Beautiful Boy, exclusives, live sports and licensed and self-published content available in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
- Watch more with Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add 150+ channels like HBO, Cinemax, STARZ, SHOWTIME, CBS All Access, and more—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy hundreds of thousands of titles, including new-release movies and entire seasons of current TV episodes, available for all Amazon customers to rent or buy.
- Instant access: Watch where and when you want with the Prime Video app on your smart TV, mobile device, Fire TV, Fire tablet, Apple TV, game consoles or from the web. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
In addition to access to movies and TV shows included with Prime, the Prime membership includes unlimited fast free shipping options across all categories available on Amazon, more than two million songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music, secure photo storage with Prime Photos, unlimited reading with Prime Reading, unlimited access to a digital audiobook catalogue with Audible Channels for Prime, a rotating selection of free digital games and in-game loot with Twitch Prime, early access to select Lightning Deals, exclusive access and discounts to select items, and more. To sign-up for Prime or to find out more visit: amazon.com/prime.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.
FEDERAL FILMS: Federal Films is a new division of Republic Records in strategic alliance with Universal Music Group’s Polygram Entertainment.
About POLYGRAM ENTERTAINMENT
Polygram Entertainment produces film and television programs that provide deeper narratives and perspectives on the recording artists, music and cultural events that came to define generations. A partner of Universal Music Group, the world leader in music-based entertainment, Polygram develops, produces, finances and distributes documentary features and original, scripted projects for music fans of all ages and tastes around the world.