- NEW YORK
The One Show Best in Show honors, recognizing the single most outstanding work from among the 19,823 entries received this year from 73 countries, was awarded to McCann New York for ”Fearless Girl” on behalf of State Street Global Advisors. The work won nine Gold Pencils this year over two nights (May 10 & 12) of award ceremonies.
This year’s top global honors, based upon cumulative One Show Pencils and Merits won across all disciplines, were:
- Agency of the Year: BBDO New York
- Network of the Year: BBDO Worldwide
- Holding Company of the Year: Omnicom Group
- Independent Agency of the Year: Droga5
- Production Company of the Year: The Mill
- Client of the Year: Burger King
There were two winners this year of the coveted One Show Penta Pencil, awarded to the agency and brand who together have created stellar creative work for the last five years. One Penta Pencil was awarded to BBDO New York, AMV BBDO, London, Clemenger BBDO, Melbourne and Impact BBDO, Dubai with client Mars Chocolate North America-Snickers, and the other one went to DAVID, Miami and Buenos Aires, with client Burger King.
- Best of Discipline winners at The One Show were:
- Branded Entertainment: MRM//McCann, Madrid “Beyond Money” for Banco Santander
- Cross-Platform: DAVID, Miami “Google Home of The Whopper” for Burger King
- Design: Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam with New Amsterdam and Mindshare, all Amsterdam, “The Lioness Crest” for Nike
- Direct Marketing: McCann New York with Visbal Sculpture, Inc., Lewes, Delaware and Traction Creative, New York “Fearless Girl” for State Street Global Advisors
- Film: Saatchi & Saatchi, New York “It’s a Tide Ad” for Procter & Gamble - Tide
- Health, Wellness & Pharma: McCann Worldgroup India, Mumbai with McCann Health, Delhi, both India, and McCann Health Global, Washington, DC, “Immunity Charm” for Ministry of Public Health, Afghanistan
- Intellectual Property: Colenso BBDO, Auckland, New Zealand “Pedigree Selfie STIX Clip” for Mars
- Interactive: Ogilvy & Mather Polska, Warsaw “To The Last Tree Standing” for Greenpeace Poland
- Mobile: Colenso BBDO, Auckland “Pedigree Selfie STIX” for Mars
- Moving Image Craft: MPC, London and Los Angeles with MJZ, Los Angeles and Leo Burnett, Chicago “Samsung, Ostrich” for Samsung
- Print & Outdoor: DAVID, Miami “Burning Stores” for Burger King
- Public Relations: Clemenger BBDO, Melbourne, Australia “Give Registry” for Myer
- Radio: Fitzco//McCann, Atlanta with Casanova//McCann, New York “Share a Coke 1,000 Name Celebration” for Coca-Cola
- Responsive Environments: TBWA\Hakuhodo Inc. with Tohokushinsha Film Corporation, both Tokyo, “Green Light Run” for adidas Japan
- Social Influencer Marketing: R/GA, New York “Ask For A Raise” for The Muse, Ladies Get Paid, PayScale, Reply.ai
- Social Media: AMV BBDO with LADbible, both London, “Trash Isles” for LADbible and Plastic Ocean
- UX/UI: Droga5, New York with PHD, New York and Resn, Wellington “Did You Mean MailChimp?” for MailChimp
“Creative thinking sets our industry apart and transforms brands,” said Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club for Creativity. “It’s exciting to see consumer brands like Coke, Burger King, Mars, MailChimp and Tide having the courage and conviction to embrace the highest levels of creativity, as shown by their extraordinary Best of Discipline work this year.”
For both nights of the 45th annual One Show, a total of 596 Pencils—212 Gold, 163 Silver and 219 Bronze—and 1,047 Merits were awarded for work from 40 countries.
A complete list of all Pencil and Merit winners for the first night of The One Show can be viewed here.
A complete list of Pencil and Merit winners for the second night of The One Show can be viewed here.