- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- PDF Back Issues
- Trending Now
- My Membership
HPA Awards Announces Creative Call for Entries
- Thursday, Jul. 9, 2020
Submissions accepted now through August 21st, 2020
The amazing work released in the past year will get its moment in the spotlight! Help HPA recognize the work that moved us, changed us, knocked our socks off. This year, more than ever, we celebrate our community! The call for entries for creative categories for the 15th Annual HPA Awards is now open!
We're celebrating great work in a virtual venue in November, so get ready to crack open some bubbly and kick back in the festive outfit of your choosing! The HPA Awards have put temporary modifications in place for eligibility and entry procedures, including reduced entry fees. Submission criteria for theatrical features has been adjusted to encompass the impact of the pandemic on theatrical distribution this year. The HPA Awards gala will be free to attend in 2020, via a simple registration process.
- Outstanding Color Grading - Theatrical Feature
- Outstanding Color Grading - Episode or Non-theatrical Feature
- Outstanding Color Grading - Commercial
- Outstanding Editing - Theatrical Feature
- Outstanding Editing - Episode or Non-Theatrical Feature (30 Minutes and Under)
- Outstanding Editing - Episode or Non-Theatrical Feature (Over 30 minutes)
- Outstanding Sound (Design, Editing, Mixing) - Theatrical Feature
- Outstanding Sound (Design, Editing, Mixing) - Episode or Non-Theatrical Feature
- Outstanding Sound (Design, Editing, Mixing) - Commercial
- Outstanding Visual Effects - Theatrical Feature
- Outstanding Visual Effects - Episode or Non-Theatrical Feature (13 Episodes and Fewer)
- Outstanding Visual Effects - Episode (Over 13 Episodes)
Submissions for consideration in the creative categories will be accepted between July 6th and August 21st, 2020. To be considered eligible, work must have debuted domestically and/or internationally during the eligibility period, September 4, 2019 through September 9, 2020. Entrants need not be members of the Hollywood Professional Association or working in the U.S.
About the HPA® Awards
The HPA Awards were created to foster awareness and recognize the achievements of the individuals and companies that have contributed to groundbreaking technologies and creative excellence within the professional media content industry, and build involvement in the Hollywood Professional Association. The HPA is a partner of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers® (SMPTE®). Information about the HPA Awards is available at www.hpaonline.com. The HPA Awards will be presented with generous support from Foundation Members and sponsors.