- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- PDF Back Issues
- Trending Now
- My Membership
The One Club Announces Jury For The One Show Health, Wellness & Pharmaceutical Awards
- Thursday, Jan. 11, 2018
The jury, representing nine countries, will judge work from around the world based on creativity of ideas and quality of execution.
The One Club for Creativity, the world’s foremost non-profit organization celebrating creative excellence in advertising and design, today announced the jury for its new Health, Wellness & Pharmaceutical discipline for The One Show 2018.
Entries can be submitted via http://www.oneshow.org, deadline for entry is January 31, 2018.
The jury, representing nine countries, will judge work from around the world based on creativity of ideas and quality of execution. They include:
- Amit Akali, executive creative director, Medula Communications, Mumbai, India
- Stephanie Berman, partner, chief creative officer, The Bloc, New York, NY, USA
- Allison Ceraso, managing director, chief creative officer, Havas Life, New York, NY, USA
- Kathy Delaney, global chief creative officer, PublicisHealth/Saatchi Wellness, New York, NY, USA
- Todd Henwood, vice president, creative director, GSW Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Mirko Kaminski, founder, executive creative director, Achtung Kommunication, Hamburg, Germany
- June Laffey, executive creative director, Australia and Southeast Asia, McCann Health, Sydney, Australia
- Brett O’Connor, executive creative director, VCCP Health, London, UK
- Carles Puig, executive creative director, Grey Health, Santiago, Chile
- Bernardo Romero, senior vice president, group creative director, Area 23, New York, NY, USA
- Michael Schreiber, executive creative director, DDB Health, New York, NY, USA
- Ricardo Sciammarella Pereira, executive creative director, Ogilvy, São Paulo, Brazil
- Masaya Shimizu, planning director, Dentsu, Tokyo, Japan
- Joan Wildermuth, executive director, chief creative officer, Juice, New York, NY, USA
Addition of the Health Wellness & Pharmaceutical as a separate discipline is a reflection of the unique demands of the those sectors. Vertical markets within the discipline include Over-the-Counter, Dietary Supplements/Nutraceuticals, OTC Products & Equipment, Prescription/Pharmaceuticals, Health Services, Awareness/Advocacy/Education/Fundraising and Business-to-Business.
“This new jury consists of esteemed creative professionals from around the world who specialize in this unique field where work often needs to pass both creative and regulatory muster,” said Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club for Creativity (http://www.oneclub.org). “Health, wellness and pharma continue to be fast-growing segments with their own unique regulatory challenges, and the creative work deserves to be judged by a separate dedicated jury of advertising experts.”
He added the quality of creative work in these areas has advanced significantly in recent years. “Soon after launching One Show Rx in 2000 as the ad industry’s first awards show for pharma, we recognized much of the work was not yet up to One Show Pencil standards and rolled the discipline back into the overall One Show four years later,” said Swanepoel. “Today, health wellness and pharma deserve to be a separate discipline due to the elevated quality of the work.”
The One Show judging takes place in March 2018, with finalists announced in April in lead up the The One Show awards ceremonies on May 9 and 11, 2018 during Creative Week (http://www.oneclub.org/creativeweek/) in New York.
For more information about The One Show and to enter, please visit http://www.oneshow.org.
The One Club for Creativity (www.oneclub.org), producer of the prestigious One Show, ADC Annual Awards and Creative Week, is the world's foremost non-profit organization whose mission is to support and celebrate the success of the global creative community. The One Show is a top global awards show for advertising, design and digital marketing focusing on creativity of idea and quality of execution. The ADC Annual Awards honors the best creative work in terms of craft, design and innovation across all disciplines. Creative Week takes place in New York City every May and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.
The One Club for Creativity