Welcome to our special Emmy Awards SHOOT>e.dition, which includes all 14 feature story installments thus far of SHOOT’s “The Road To Emmy” Series, as well as other related coverage.
The weekly "Road To Emmy" Series began back in May, with an Emmy preview published in April. This series so far has shared insights from assorted Emmy contenders and/or nominees, including:
- Directors Johan Renck (Chernobyl), Thomas Kail (Fosse/Verdon), Greg Yaitanes (Castle Rock), Janet Mock (also producer/writer, Pose), Ken Olin (also EP, This Is Us), Jennifer Lynch (American Horror Story: Apocalypse, 9-1-1)
- Showrunners/series creators Nic Pizzolatto (True Detective), Gregg Araki (Now Apocalypse), Hugo Blick (Black Earth Rising), Jed Mercurio (Bodyguard), Mike Flanagan (The Haunting of Hill House), Liz Flahive and Carly Mensch (GLOW), Robert and Michelle King (The Good Fight), Ben Sinclair and Katja Blichfeld (High Maintenance)
- Showrunner Chris Mundy (Ozark)
- Cinematographers Tony Miller (Fleabag), Chris Manley (The Romanoffs), M. David Mullen (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel), Gary Baum (Will & Grace), Chris Teague (Russian Doll), Ben Richardson (Yellowstone), Jamie McPherson (Our Planet), Ben Kutchins (Ozark), Neville Kidd (The Umbrella Academy),
- Editors Laura Weinberg (Russian Doll), Cindy Mollo and Heather Goodwin Floyd (Ozark), Neena Erb (Insecure), Kate Sanford and Tim Streeto (The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel)
- VFX supervisors Erik Henry (Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan), Everett Burrell (The Umbrella Academy)
- Composer Steven Price (Our Planet),
- Music supervisors Susan Jacobs and Jackie Mulhearn (Maniac)
- Production designers Bo Welch (A Series of Unfortunate Events), Mark Hutman (The Hot Zone), Alex DiGerlando (Maniac, Fosse/Verdon), Michael Bricker (Russian Doll), Drew Boughton (The Man in the High Castle), Anastasia White (Homecoming)
- Writer/EP Eric Newman (Narcos: Mexico)
- Casting director Aisha Coley (When They See Us)
This e.dition compendium of Emmy Awards season coverage also spans Chat Rooms, Cinematographers & Cameras feature stories, even a Spring Directors Series profile. These different elements connected with such artisans as:
- Director Adam McKay (Succession).
- Cinematographers Germain McMicking (True Detective), Dana Gonzales (Hanna), Darren Lew (Maniac), Arlene Nelson (This Giant Beast That is the Global Economy)
- Composers Jeff Beal (House of Cards), Nicholas Britell (Succession)
- Editor Steve Singleton (Bodyguard)
Plus this special e.dition contains our Emmy Awards Preview and Nominations announcement coverage, as well as stories on the primetime commercial Emmy Awards nominees and observations on those nominated spots from John Leverence, sr. VP of awards for the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
So read on and enjoy. And remember, there’s more Emmy content to come, including the final two installments of "The Road To Emmy" Series, and SHOOT’s coverage of the Creative Arts Emmy and Primetime Emmy Awards ceremonies.
Be sure to check out SHOOT's 2019/2020 16-part "Road to Oscar" Series Calendar. The Series will kick off on October 18th.