- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- Trending Now
- My Membership
Megatrax To Present Special Webinar Entitled "How Will Podcasts Evolve from Here?" on December 7th, 2021
- Thursday, Dec. 2, 2021
Megatrax is Currently Celebrating Its 30th Anniversary
Currently celebrating its 30th anniversary as one of the leading independent production music libraries in the world, Megatrax will be presenting a special webinar entitled “How Will Podcasts Evolve From Here?” on Tuesday, December 7, starting at 11 AM PST/2 PM EST. Interested parties can sign up here: https://go.megatrax.com/podcastingwebinar
Says Ron Mendelsohn, CEO & Co-Founder of Megatrax, “Podcasting is audio for and by the masses, except it is also a fast-growing business. As it becomes more profitable, with bigger deals, more stars and more revenue, is it going to force the industry to further consolidate? Will we see more podcasts behind paywalls, more exclusive streams, and more focused channels, as we see in television? As podcasting becomes more lucrative and potentially less democratic, will we see increased challenges around diversity? The powerhouse panel we have assembled for our December 7 webinar will tackle these important questions.”
About The Megatrax Webinar Panelists
- Gary Scott, who will serve as Moderator, is the founder and CEO of Inside Voice Media, a media company based in Los Angeles that creates and shapes original podcasts about music, culture and current affairs. Previously the head of programming at NPR-affiliate KCRW in LA for eight years, Scott launched the station’s podcast network, called “one of the most interesting…in the biz” by Hot Pod. He has more than two decades of experience in audio and print as a writer, editor, producer and news director. Please see: https://www.linkedin.com/in/garyrobertscott/
- Martina Castro is the founder and CEO of Adonde Media, a globally-minded podcast production company based in Los Angeles. Over the past 15 years, she has produced and edited award-winning audio content in both the U.S. and Latin America. She has worked at NPR, KALW-FM in San Francisco, and NPR’s Radio Ambulante, a Spanish-language narrative journalism podcast she co-founded in 2011. Castro launched Adonde Media in 2017 at the Start-Up Chile pre-seed accelerator program for female founders in Santiago, Chile. Since then, she has led multilingual and multinational teams as Executive Producer at Adonde with clients such as TED, Duolingo, NPR, Vice News, and Spotify, to create podcasts that aim to bring new audiences to the medium. She also is the host of the groundbreaking Duolingo Spanish podcast, consistently at the top of the Apple charts and heard by millions of Spanish learners worldwide over the past ten seasons. See: https://www.linkedin.com/in/martinacastro/
- Ashton Carter, Director of Recruiting at Pod People, describes himself as a “theatre kid turned professional actor turned podcast audio editor.” His production career began after graduating from Middle Tennessee State University with a degree in Speech & Theatre and a minor in Electronic Media Communication. For the last decade, he has been traveling around the country working for various production companies as an actor, director, and producer. In addition to his current role at Pod People, where he recruits audio creators from all walks of life, he is also the proud business owner of the audio post-production company ITTO Audio, LLC. Carter always puts representation and equity at the forefront of each of his endeavors and is thrilled to be a part of such an important and necessary conversation. See: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ashton-carter-91567292/
- Rachael King is the Founder and CEO of Pod People, a global audio production and staffing agency with thousands of talented audio professionals across the globe, and clients like Netflix, PEOPLE, Vogue, Spotify, Twitter, Travel + Leisure, and more. She has spent more than a decade helping brands and organizations – from pre-seed to Fortune 500s – share their stories across every medium. In her spare time, she makes chart-topping fiction romcom podcasts, such as Showmance and Vote for Love. See: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rachaelgking/
- Jason Saldanha is the Chief of Content and Business Development for PRX. His previous position was with The Chicago Humanities Festival (CHF), where he served as the Managing Director of Communications and Audience Experience, overseeing the production of more than 130 live events in venues across the city of Chicago each year. Previous to CHF, Saldanha was the Director of Marketing for Virtue Cider, a craft brand for Anheuser Busch. Formerly a senior producer at Sound Opinions, the music and talk show from WBEZ (distributed by PRX), Saldanha has also previously served as Managing Producer for the Emmy nominated, six-hour radio drama “The Man in the High Castle” on resistanceradio.com for Amazon Streaming Television, and producer for the “How to be Amazing” podcast with Michael Ian Black. See: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jason-saldanha/
- Matty Staudt has been in broadcasting since he cracked a mic at the age of 16, and has been an on-air host, morning show lead and Executive Producer at such legendary stations as WJFK in Washington, DC, WNEW in New York City, Alice Radio (KLLC) and Live 105 (KITS) in San Francisco. In 2007, Staudt redirected his radio career toward the new world of podcasting – becoming a pioneer at Stitcher as their first Director of Content. He has been a consultant for top companies like Premier Radio, Cisco, CA Beef Council, and St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, creating branded content podcasts, coaching hosts and producers and formulating dynamic podcast strategies. In 2016, he was thrilled to return to radio when he joined iHeartRadio as the radio industry’s first Vice President of Podcast Programming. Today, Staudt is the EVP of Podcasting at Amaze Media Labs, making podcasts for Fortune 500 companies, and is also the Founder of Jam Street Media. He is currently teaching at his Alma Mater, West Virginia University, and resides in Los Angeles with his family. See: https://www.linkedin.com/in/matty-staudt-44698b8/
Currently celebrating its 30th anniversary, Megatrax is a leading independent production music library and custom music house serving the broadcast and media industries. Renowned worldwide for its commercial-quality recordings and award-winning composers, artists and arrangers, Megatrax offers 19 distinctive catalogs comprising over 200,000 tracks in every musical style and genre.
Founded by composers Ron Mendelsohn and JC Dwyer in 1991, Megatrax offers its global clients “Greatness Through Simplicity”. The company maintains state-of-the-art recording studios in Los Angeles and offers custom scoring services for all media as well. Megatrax’s libraries, tracks, and composers, artists and musicians, are constantly elevated to excellence by the talented creators who craft exceptional content on a daily basis from every corner of the world.
Throughout history, creators have always used incredible tools when producing the works of art that inspire and challenge the world. Michael had his Air Jordans; VanGogh had his impasto; Jimi had his Stratocaster; and the global multi-media industry has Megatrax. The executives at Megatrax – creators themselves – have one goal in mind: to marry simplicity with greatness, so that the right track can be delivered perfectly, every time.