- NEW YORK
The ANA has formed a new working community of top CMOs dedicated to helping the marketing community manage the ongoing global crisis posed by the coronavirus pandemic.
The group is comprised of a select team from the Global CMO Growth Council, a community of CMOs representing many of the world’s biggest brands that the ANA founded and operates together with the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. The Council focuses on brand experience and innovation—two areas greatly impacted by the crisis.
“We’re once again turning our leadership community of CMOs into the force for action that our industry needs now,” said ANA CEO Bob Liodice. “This new group’s mission is both clear and urgent. It is to help chief marketers shape intelligent practices and provide functional guidance through this unprecedented time.”
The group, called the ANA’s Global CMO Leadership Coalition on COVID-19, includes a cross-industry coalition of CMOs and industry partners that is expected to expand as the initiative evolves.
Liodice outlined the community’s immediate goals as follows:
- Identify the pressing issues that need to be addressed immediately to help CMOs make better decisions managing the crisis and find out what CMOs can do collaboratively to benefit the entire marketing community.
- Aggregate collective experiences and activities into a practical framework to help CMOs around the world during and after the crisis.
- Identify the most trusted, reliable and relevant sources of information that CMOs can turn to for help in planning current and future activities.
Liodice said the group was officially launched earlier this week with virtual meeting attended by representatives from the U.S., U.K., France, Switzerland and China. Additional meetings are being scheduled to address industry-specific or regional needs, with outcomes to follow.
“Our ultimate goal is to work together to leverage the global CMO network we have already established to distribute trusted knowledge to help as many chief marketers as possible,” Liodice said. “Through the combined networks of the ANA, Cannes Lions, and our extended partners, we will be able to reach the worldwide marketing community with the speed and precision needed to have meaningful impact.”
- Zaid Al-Qassab, CMO, Channel 4
- Dean Aragon, CEO, Shell Brands International & Global VP Brand at Shell
- Rahul Malhorta, Head of Brand Strategy and Stewardship, Shell
- Norman De Greve, CMO, CVS Health
- Mathilde Delhoume, Global Brand Officer, LVMH
- Morgan Flatley, U.S. CMO, McDonald’s Corp.
- Rick Gomez, CMO-EVP, Target
- George Hammer, Chief Content Officer, IBM
- Jodi Harris, Global VP, Marketing Culture & Capabilities, Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Marcel Marcondes, U.S. CMO, Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Sy Lau, SEVP, Chairman of Group Marketing and Global Branding, Tencent
- Hunter Zhang, Director, Corporate Marketing and Public Relations, Tencent
- Alison Lewis, Chief Growth Officer, Kimberly-Clark
- Greg Lyons, CMO, PepsiCo
- Tamara Rogers, Global CMO, GSK
- Meredith Verdone, CMO, Bank of America
- Deborah Wahl, Global CMO, General Motors
- Jeremy Kees, Richard J. and Barbara Naclerio Endowed Chair in Business, Villanova University
- Fiorenza Plinio, Head of Creative Excellence, Cannes Lions International
- Cathy Taylor, U.S. Commissioning Editor, WARC
- Bob Liodice, CEO
- Nick Primola, EVP
- Meg Wubbenhorst, VP