- Articles | Series
- Columns | Departments
- Publicity News
- Events Calendar
- PDF Back Issues
- Trending Now
- My Membership
DAVID Miami and Droga5 Win Big at Second Night of 45th Annual One Show
- Monday, May. 14, 2018
McCann New York’s “Fearless Girl” Takes Best of Show
DAVID Miami and Droga5 New York had an outstanding evening as the leading Gold Pencil winners and McCann New York was awarded Best of Show for “Fearless Girl” at the second night of The One Club for Creativity’s 45th annual One Show, the prestigious global awards competition celebrating excellence in creativity of ideas and quality of execution.
This second night of The One Show was hosted by comedian, writer and television host W. Kamau Bell, executive producer and star of the Emmy Award-winning CNN program “United Shades of America with W. Kamau Bell.”
The One Show Best in Show honors, recognizing the single most outstanding work from among the 19,823 entries received this year from 73 countries, was awarded to McCann New York for ”Fearless Girl” on behalf of State Street Global Advisors. The work won nine Gold Pencils this year, including three this evening and six at the first night of The One Show on Wednesday.
This year’s top global honors, based upon cumulative One Show Pencils and Merits won across all disciplines, were:
- Agency of the Year: BBDO New York
- Network of the Year: BBDO Worldwide
- Holding Company of the Year: Omnicom Group
- Independent Agency of the Year: Droga5
- Production Company of the Year: The Mill
- Client of the Year: Burger King
For rankings of agency, network, holding company, client, creative, country and region based upon cumulative Pencils and Merits won this year, please visit http://www.oneclub.org/awards/theoneshow/-archive/agency/.
There were two winners this year of the coveted One Show Penta Pencil, awarded to the agency and brand who together have created stellar creative work for the last five years. One Penta Pencil was awarded to BBDO New York, AMV BBDO, London, Clemenger BBDO, Melbourne and Impact BBDO, Dubai with client Mars Chocolate North America-Snickers, and the other one went to DAVID, Miami and Buenos Aires, with client Burger King.
Best of Discipline winners for the second night of The One Show were:
- Cross-Platform: DAVID, Miami “Google Home of The Whopper” for Burger King (https://vimeo.com/267646764/4ec8aca72e)
- Film: Saatchi & Saatchi, New York “It’s a Tide Ad” for Procter & Gamble - Tide (https://vimeo.com/267646491/eff56405e1)
- Interactive: Ogilvy & Mather Polska, Warsaw “To The Last Tree Standing” for Greenpeace Poland (https://vimeo.com/267628741/518a92f02b)
- Mobile: Colenso BBDO, Auckland “Pedigree Selfie STIX” for Mars (https://vimeo.com/267696495/0631470190)
- Print & Outdoor: DAVID, Miami “Burning Stores” for Burger King (https://vimeo.com/267656917/7f35551797)
- Radio: Fitzco//McCann, Atlanta with Casanova//McCann, New York “Share a Coke 1,000 Name Celebration” for Coca-Cola (https://vimeo.com/267628058/f8087341a3)
- Social Influencer Marketing: R/GA, New York “Ask For A Raise” for The Muse, Ladies Get Paid, PayScale, Reply.ai (https://vimeo.com/267627325/4f155ffde0)
- Social Media: AMV BBDO with LADbible, both London, “Trash Isles” for LADbible and Plastic Ocean (https://vimeo.com/267628589/1f58121e4e)
- UX/UI: Droga5, New York with PHD, New York and Resn, Wellington “Did You Mean MailChimp?” for MailChimp (https://vimeo.com/267697180/46873d7c86)
"Creative thinking sets our industry apart and transforms brands,” said Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club for Creativity. “It’s exciting to see consumer brands like Coke, Burger King, Mars, MailChimp and Tide having the courage and conviction to embrace the highest levels of creativity, as shown by their extraordinary Best of Discipline work this year."
DAVID, Miami won the most Gold Pencils on the second night of The One Show with 10. The agency’s “Google Home of the Whopper” on behalf of Burger King won eight Golds and Best of Discipline in Cross Platform. DAVID, Miami also won Best of Discipline in Print & Outdoor for “Burning Stores”, also for Burger King.
Droga5, New York was right behind them with nine Golds, including six for “The Truth is Hard to Find” for The New York Times and two for MailChimp’s “Did You Mean MailChimp?”
Saatchi & Saatchi, New York won four Gold Pencils, all for P&G - Tide “It’s a Tide Ad” in the Film discipline. Also with four Golds were AlmapBBDO, São Paulo — two each for Getty Images “Nosteratu” and KISS FM “The Book of Rock” — and Åkestam Holst, Stockholm, including three for “Pee Ad” on behalf of IKEA Sweden.
In addition to McCann New York, agencies winning three Gold Pencils on the night were Ogilvy & Mather, Chicago, all for SC Johnson “Kiwi Portraits Completed”; adam&eveDDB, London, all for FIFA “More Than a Game”, and Colenso BBDO, Auckland, including two for “Pedigree Child Replacement Programme” on behalf of Mars. That work also won two Silver Pencils.
For both nights of the 45th annual One Show, a total of 596 Pencils — 212 Gold, 163 Silver and 219 Bronze — and 1,047 Merits were awarded for work from 40 countries. Overall, The One Show received 19,823 entries from 73 countries this year.
A complete list of Pencil and Merit winners for this second night of The One Show can be viewed at http://oneshow.org/downloads/awards/2018-OneShow-Pencils-Friday.pdf.
This year’s winners were announced on two nights of The One Show during The One Club’s Creative Week, May 7-11, 2018 in New York (http://www.oneclub.org/creativeweek/).
Creative Week is the preeminent festival showcasing the intersection of advertising, innovation and creative thinking. In addition to two nights of The One Show, Creative Week also included the ADC 97th Annual Awards, the dynamic Young Ones Education Festival, inspiring sessions with some of the biggest names in the industry at the Creative Summit, and the exclusive Executive Creative Summit, open to a limited number of top-level leaders (founders, CCOs and managing partners).
Sponsors of Creative Week 2018 are Shutterstock, Facebook, Musicbed, Nickelodeon and Pinterest.
The One Club for Creativity, producer of the prestigious One Show, ADC Annual Awards, Creative Week and Portfolio Night, is the world's foremost non-profit organization recognizing creative excellence in advertising and design. The ADC Annual Awards honors the best work across all disciplines, including Advertising, Interactive, Design and Motion. Creative Week takes place in New York City every May and is the preeminent festival celebrating the intersection of advertising and the arts.
The One Club for Creativity